News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's ready for another (what should be) enjoyable game of u19 football?

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, March 27, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-ska

BedsFFC

Sometimes I think the club really misses a trick with these sorts of things. I've been invited to watch the academy train a couple of times and speaking to the people that run it, you understand how important it is to pick up the local talent. They dont even really monitor results, or care about them....until we play chelsea. Simply because, when a parent of a local kid with talent comes in, the first thing they ask "How did you get on against Chelsea?"
You would have thought this would have been splattered all over the homepage of fulhamfc.com as its something really special for a club like us.

grandad

The Club should have sent Gentleman Jim to Dallas. Piss poor effort from the club . We shouldn´t have to scrabble about on Facebook & Twitter to find out how a team representing the club is getting on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mr-ska

Quote from: grandad on March 27, 2013, 09:19:10 PM
The Club should have sent Gentleman Jim to Dallas. Piss poor effort from the club . We shouldn´t have to scrabble about on Facebook & Twitter to find out how a team representing the club is getting on.
Agree...

e4b

yea me too.getting excited by our youth teams this year (in the football sense)

valdeingruo

I know we arent a top 4 club but it seems Man City are the best at fan interaction. They really involve the supporters with interviews, behind the scenes at matches etc.  If they really want new supporters they should look into this. Imagine what a uni intern could do with a small budget and a camera.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Jamie88

5-0 victory in the end
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/27/fulham50frankfurt

Say what you like but the club do put up reports very quickly with things like this!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Fulham 5-0 Frankfurt.

Cauley Woodrow (2)
Jack Grimmer
George Williams (2)

Through to the semis, I believe Manchester United have Ben eliminated after losing to some Japanese team earlier.

The Bronsons

So that's the semi-final on Friday at 10 pm GMT - and it should be live on KickTV / YouTube according to this: Dallas Cup 2013 | Coming Soon to KICKTV!

Good luck finding it though. The site is a nightmare to navigate.

Texas White

Quote from: The Bronsons on March 27, 2013, 09:43:45 PM
So that's the semi-final on Friday at 10 pm GMT - and it should be live on KickTV / YouTube according to this: Dallas Cup 2013 | Coming Soon to KICKTV!

Good luck finding it though. The site is a nightmare to navigate.

Cotton Bowl here I come..

BarryP

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 27, 2013, 09:42:52 PM
Through to the semis, I believe Manchester United have Ben eliminated after losing to some Japanese team earlier.

Fluminense won so Manchester's fate is down to the Aalborg result. Aalborg need a win to advance. Any other result and United will be the top second place finisher.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BarryP

Aalborg won so Fulham should be matched up against either Aalborg or Fluminense.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

MasterHaynes

:plus one:  but 079.gif 079.gif  have never looked interested in investing any money into it  unlike other clubs even Palace. Was really disapointed that they restricted watching home games to season ticket holders, just trying to add value to the season ticket nothing to do with the 60 odd people who were watching the games

elgreenio

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 27, 2013, 09:42:52 PM
Fulham 5-0 Frankfurt.

Cauley Woodrow (2)
Jack Grimmer
George Williams (2)

yeh United are out, Kashiwa have looked pretty hot so far and will probably win the thing. We've got Fluminese in the semi's and should really be beating them.
touch my camera through the fence

cmg

Quote from: MasterHaynes on March 28, 2013, 06:25:58 AM
:plus one:  but 079.gif 079.gif  have never looked interested in investing any money into it  unlike other clubs even Palace. Was really disapointed that they restricted watching home games to season ticket holders, just trying to add value to the season ticket nothing to do with the 60 odd people who were watching the games

I kind of got the impression they were trying to stop poachers. But you can't keep much secret in football these days. They've tried Pat Roberts in a false moustache and glasses, but it probably won't work.

In the early 20th cent. the trainers at the Druid's Lodge racehorse stables on Salisbury Plain used to keep the stable lads locked up for months on end before big races so the results of the secret gallops wouldn't get out. Wouldn't work these days with mobile phones, internet and human rights!

A Humble Man

We must not get too excited about this success and should learn from Middlesbrough in the past and Aston Villa now, that if you play all your talented youngsters in one go it is disastrous. The present policy of trying them in the first team in small doses and if they do not take to it like a duck from water send them out on loan to get experience.  I hope we can produce some brilliant youngsters who go straight into the first team and do not get sold as soon as a decent offer comes in.  Do not play them against the buying clubs is one way to delay this process.

I am sure this group in Dallas will get a huge boost in confidence that may drive their performance to the next level. 

It is all good news.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 28, 2013, 10:39:01 AM
We must not get too excited about this success and should learn from Middlesbrough in the past and Aston Villa now, that if you play all your talented youngsters in one go it is disastrous. The present policy of trying them in the first team in small doses and if they do not take to it like a duck from water send them out on loan to get experience.  I hope we can produce some brilliant youngsters who go straight into the first team and do not get sold as soon as a decent offer comes in.  Do not play them against the buying clubs is one way to delay this process.

I am sure this group in Dallas will get a huge boost in confidence that may drive their performance to the next level. 

It is all good news.

'boro played all of their youngsters in ONE game, the last game of the season after they'd already been relegated.

Villa? They pretty much have to do what they're doing since they've been ravaged by injuries.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

Quote from: HatterDon on March 28, 2013, 07:18:04 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on March 28, 2013, 10:39:01 AM

It is all good news.

'boro played all of their youngsters in ONE game, the last game of the season after they'd already been relegated.

Villa? They pretty much have to do what they're doing since they've been ravaged by injuries.

Middlesbrough had a brilliant bunch of young players at a time when they had no money and played a high proportion of them in the season when they were relegated.  Villa's use of its young players is as much by choice as forced by injuries and they also have a funding problem.

Ease your youngsters into the team unless they are brilliant.   
We Are Fulham, Believe.