News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's ready for another (what should be) enjoyable game of u19 football?

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, March 27, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

At 7PM GMT, Fulham's young Whites play Eintracht FrankFurt who won the tournament in 2011.

Also looking, should Fulham go on to win the tournament, we'd be the first team since Liverpool 2008, a team that included, Martin Kelly, Emiliano Insua and Jay Spearing. Craig Linfield was top scorer in that tournament with 6 goals in that Liverpool team, he's now plying his trade at Accrington Stanley so we shouldn't get too confident about things like this. If I'm right, we're likely to go through as group winners moving onto a semi final.

If someone could post a link similarly to the two games prior to today, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person that would be grateful.

Tell you what, I wouldn't mind facing (and beating) Manchester United in the latter stages.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 27, 2013, 04:16:42 PM
At 7PM GMT, Fulham's young Whites play Eintracht FrankFurt who won the tournament in 2011.

Also looking, should Fulham go on to win the tournament, we'd be the first team since Liverpool 2008, a team that included, Martin Kelly, Emiliano Insua and Jay Spearing. Craig Linfield was top scorer in that tournament with 6 goals in that Liverpool team, he's now plying his trade at Accrington Stanley so we shouldn't get too confident about things like this. If I'm right, we're likely to go through as group winners moving onto a semi final.

If someone could post a link similarly to the two games prior to today, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person that would be grateful.

Tell you what, I wouldn't mind facing (and beating) Manchester United in the latter stages.

If you head to the Dallas Cup website they usually have a link.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Jamie88

Definately, I'll be watching..
I've just checked out the squad that has been taken to Dallas, anyone know why Dembele or Roberts hasnt been taken over there? Seems a bit odd to me given that they have been standouts in the U18's along with one or two others all season long.

cmg

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 27, 2013, 06:07:05 PM
I've just checked out the squad that has been taken to Dallas, anyone know why Dembele or Roberts hasnt been taken over there? Seems a bit odd to me given that they have been standouts in the U18's along with one or two others all season long.

It's a good question, but I think we must recognize the managerial ability of the Academy staff and the way they exercise their responsibilities towards their charges.

It's an under-19 tournament and both these guys are only 16. Roberts is still very small and although Dembele is certainly not very small he has been injured this season.

On a more prosaic level, both these boys are still attending school.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: cmg on March 27, 2013, 06:16:21 PM

It's a good question, but I think we must recognize the managerial ability of the Academy staff and the way they exercise their responsibilities towards their charges.

It's an under-19 turnament and both these guys are only 16. Roberts is still very small and although Dembele is certainly not very small he has been injured this season.

I know Patrick Roberts is with England u16s or 17s, I assume the same goes for Dembele.

cmg

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 27, 2013, 06:20:58 PM

I know Patrick Roberts is with England u16s or 17s, I assume the same goes for Dembele.

Unfortunately we haven't managed to hi-jack Dembele. I see he played for France u-17 on Friday.

Jamie88

It's an under-19 tournament and both these guys are only 16. Roberts is still very small and although Dembele is certainly not very small he has been injured this season.

There are a few there who are the same/similar age to Roberts and Dembele though.. I think the whole U18 squad are apart from those two and maybe O'Halloran

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jamie88

cmg

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 27, 2013, 06:41:22 PM

There are a few there who are the same/similar age to Roberts and Dembele though.. I think the whole U18 squad are apart from those two and maybe O'Halloran

Frankie seems to have it right. Roberts came on as sub for England u-16 v Holland (1-1) yesterday. Dembele is with France u-17.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Swedish Terrier

Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: TWFL on March 27, 2013, 07:24:12 PM
Got the Line-ups

To help out:

Rodak
Passley Grimmer Arthurworry Kavanagh