watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Sunderland

Started by SP, March 27, 2013, 08:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

The loss of Fletcher is a serious blow to the Makems, their current form is atrocious, they look a very good bet for the drop.

St Eve

I was thinking the same thing. Just imagine if they didn't get 4 points from us

Bassey the warrior

Big blow, big big blow. That being said they still have Graham, he did well as the lone striker for Swansea. Definitely capable of getting the goals they need, the question is will he get the service? Quite possibly not, they lack creativity.

IranianCottager

I think they will be fine, Sessegnon and Johnson are good wingers and Graham will be ok up top. He and Fletcher never really worked out when they started together.

btings

All season, when they have played poorly, they absolutely looked like a bottom-3 team.  I thought the price they paid for Fletcher was absurd, but he's been vital for them.

I'd sort of like to see them go down, actually.  When we were having our rough patches earlier in the season, nothing made me more upset than seeing them above us in the table.  They were so, so lousy.

Burt

Reading the Metro on the way in to work this morning and there was an article saying that in addition to Fletcher, Cattermole was also out for the rest of the season.

cebu

I think Sunderland is definitely in the mix for a visit to the Championship - getting key players injured isn't going to help their cause either. As others have said, the 4 points we gifted them has kept them afloat ... for now.

Artful Dodger

A couple of weeks ago someone here posed the question of who would get sucked back in to the relegation battle and my crystal ball predicted Sunderland. How they won at our place is unbelievable - they were terible even against 10 men!!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

SP

Quote from: Artful Dodger on March 28, 2013, 07:57:39 PM
A couple of weeks ago someone here posed the question of who would get sucked back in to the relegation battle and my crystal ball predicted Sunderland. How they won at our place is unbelievable - they were terible even against 10 men!!!

Mystic Dodger! The walk back through Bishops Park after a defeat is a painfull experience but Sunderland was different. The Makem fan was updating his friend on his mobile stating they were shite, played no football & would've been hammered if Brede hadn't been dismissed. Refreshing honesty.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: SP on March 28, 2013, 08:05:03 PM
Quote from: Artful Dodger on March 28, 2013, 07:57:39 PM

Mystic Dodger! The walk back through Bishops Park after a defeat is a painfull experience but Sunderland was different. The Makem fan was updating his friend on his mobile stating they were shite, played no football & would've been hammered if Brede hadn't been dismissed. Refreshing honesty.

The Crystal Ball daren't predict the score on Monday though (see other topic!) - it's against my better judgement to predict Fulham will win. Current status is more like Fervently Praying Dodger!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae