watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr. motorway route help needed

Started by fulhamben, March 28, 2013, 12:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

being forced to go to burnley tomorrow to see missus friends, so my question is is it better to go up the m1 or m40. both are easy for me to get on but was wondering if any of you had any advice. cheers in advance
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

If you are in the West or South London - use the M40.
It is also worth using the M6 toll (Midlands Express Way) unless you want to crawl round the Birmingham bye-pass section of the M6 - costs about £5 - have your plastic card ready to poke in the slot at the exit booth - you do not need to put in a pin number because they will have a photo of your car.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

cheers mate. yes ealing way so a 40 on door step.

MasterHaynes

I always go M40 onto M42westbound then go north on M5 then onto M6 seems quicker than going anti clockwise round birmingham and using the toll road.

Burt

Doesn't sound like you are looking forward to this so my advice would be to ensure the car develops a mechanical problem for the weekend...!

Northern Cottager

Oh eck...Burnley eh. You can see a somewhat dingey fog cloud overhanging the place as you are about to come off the motorway. Enjoy yourself.

fulhamben

Quote from: Burt on March 28, 2013, 01:21:28 PM
Doesn't sound like you are looking forward to this so my advice would be to ensure the car develops a mechanical problem for the weekend...!
actually her friends are a good laugh, but its burnley and ive already spent 2 months in a hotle this year in dublin so not looking forward to another 4 days in one. plus im off to manchester for a week next thursday

Artful Dodger

I was in Burnley today, funnily enough, doing budgets - but I live near Leeds, so that doesn't help you.

I also went canal boating from near Leeds and we got as far as Nelson, which is just outside Burnley, by dusk. We parked up and walked in to Nelson to see if there was anywhere to get some food. After about 10 minutes we decided to get back to the boat and head towards Leeds again and had the fry up we planned for the following morning. It was a dump! I hope your missus' friends don't live in Nelson now......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae