more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (29/03/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 29, 2013, 08:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Manchester United and Liverpool chase Fulham starlet

The Premier League rivals have both enquired about England Under-17 international Patrick Roberts but the Cottagers are prepared to resist offers above £1 million

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Manchester United and Liverpool are interested in signing Fulham sensation Patrick Roberts, Goal.com has learned.
The Premier League powerhouses have both enquired about the availability of the highly rated forward, who turned 16 just last month.

Roberts is earning a reputation as one of the outstanding players in his age group in the country. He has been a regular for Fulham Under-18s this season and has featured for England Under-17s over the last week.

Fulham are unable to tie Roberts down to a professional contract until he is 17 but the west Londoners have a 'terms of agreement' with the player which gives them a strong degree of protection for the next 11 months.

Liverpool have been closely monitoring Roberts for a long time, while United have stepped up their interest in recent weeks.

United academy chiefs were understood to have been extremely impressed with him when the club's Under-18s hosted Fulham earlier this month. Roberts scored the visitors' only goal as the Londoners slumped to a 3-1 defeat.

United and Liverpool would both be prepared to offer more than £1million in compensation to snare the youngster but Fulham have no interest in selling a player they rate very highly.

Roberts is making waves as an attacking midfielder or deep forward, who can operate on the right flank or behind the central striker. He won his first England youth cap last September when he came on as a second-half substitute in the Under-16s' 5-0 defeat of Northern Ireland in the Victory Shield.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/03/28/3859242/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham's Ruiz on goal trail

Bryan Ruiz

BRYAN Ruiz has been doing extra shooting practice in training in a bid to end his goal drought.

The Fulham forward has scored just five times in 52 games since his £10million move from FC Twente in 2011.

Ruiz hasn't found the net since the home defeat to Swansea in December, firing blanks in his last 11 matches for the club.

However, the 27-year-old has been putting in the hours at Fulham's Motspur Park training base to try and solve the problem.

"I am happy with what I am doing (for the team), but know I have to score more, however I am passing the ball well," he said.

"The goals will come, though, I am trying to do some finishing at the end of training to do that."

Fulham go into the weekend in 10th spot ahead of Easter Monday's clash with west London rivals QPR, who remain rooted to the foot of the table.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/03/28/82029-33074187/?#ixzz2Oup6VGps

WhiteJC

Premier League preview: Fulham v Queens Park Rangers

Queens Park Rangers can take a huge leap towards Premier League survival if they can somehow conjure a win against Fulham on Monday.

QPR are rock bottom and seven points adrift of safety but, with just eight more games left in the campaign, are fast running out of chances to avoid relegation to the Championship next season.

And given 19th-placed Reading, who are on the same amount of points as QPR (23) and are only ahead of them due to superior goal difference, are travelling to the Emirates to face European contenders Arsenal on Saturday, the door may be open for Harry Redknapp's men to lift themselves off the foot of the table.

A positive result could also see them gain on Wigan (18th on 27 points) who lock horns with Norwich on Saturday.

But QPR have to visit Craven Cottage and, unsurprisingly, the Hoops haven't been the Premier League's best travellers by any stretch this season.

QPR have earned just 10 points from 15 matches on the road in 2012-13 and their last visit to Fulham's home saw them cop a 6-0 hammering.

Fulham have lost only one of their past five matches at home - a 1-0 defeat to runaway leaders Manchester United - so Redknapp's men will definitely be up against it to take something away from this contest.

But they will take some heart from the fact that their only two away wins have been recorded this year against Chelsea (January 2) and, more recently, Southampton (March 2).

And QPR have been in decent form of late, winning two and suffering an agonising 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa in their past three outings.

The Cottagers are enjoying a bit of a purple patch of their own too, going undefeated in their past four matches - including wins over Tottenham and Stoke.

However, QPR head into this match knowing what it takes to bring down Fulham considering they defeated Martin Jol's men 2-1 in December.

That match ended their four-match losing run against the Cottagers and, incredibly, saw QPR score their first ever goal against Fulham.

And QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt was looking forward to the prospect of facing their west London rivals again.

"We are looking forward to Fulham now," he said.

"We know how they play, they will be confident after beating Tottenham. We have to go there and try to win."

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2013/March/28/premier-league-preview-fulham-v-queens-park-rangers/?

WhiteJC

Zamora fit to face former side Fulham as QPR gear up for survival mission

QPR are in great shape going into the final eight games that will determine their Premier League status next season, according to manager Harry Redknapp.

The Hoops know that two wins against west London rivals Fulham on Monday and then Wigan next weekend could move them off the foot of the table and nearer to safety.

And Redknapp, 66, believes his injury-free squad is coming together at a crucial time.

He said: "We've got a lot of players in good form. Bobby [Zamora] is back [from injury], we're in good shape."

The former Tottenham boss is delighted at how the players brought in during the January transfer window have started to perform alongside those already at Loftus Road.

Andros Townsend, Loic Remy and Jermaine Jenas were all highlighted by Redknapp for their contribution in back-to-back victories over relegation rivals Southampton and Sunderland, before the 3-2 loss to Aston Villa.

"I've been pleased," he added. "Andros Townsend has been in outstanding form. He's a player that I've worked with at Spurs. We've loaned him and he'll be a better player going back to the Premier League [with Spurs].

"Jenas has done excellent. [Chris] Samba could play in any top-four team in the Premier League, he's that good. He's made a great start for us. Got back in the Congo squad.

"They've all played their part."

However, despite the better showing from his charges in recent weeks, Redknapp is wary of football's unpredictable nature, especially when prophesying results in future matches.

"You just can't predict football results. How do you pick results? It's almost impossible. You just don't know what the weekend will bring," he said.

"There'll be some shocks, some will go as you expect them to go. We've just got to make sure that we go to Fulham and pick up the result we need."

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr/zamora_fit_to_face_former_side_fulham_as_qpr_gear_up_for_survival_mission_1_1995068

WhiteJC

Dartford sign Fulham goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi

Blue Square Bet Premier Dartford have signed Fulham goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi on loan until the end of the season.

The 27-year-old has yet to make his debut for the Cottagers since joining the club from Hungarian side Rakospalotai EAC in July 2011.

He has joined Dartford as cover for the injured Louis Wells, who has made three appearances this season.

Somogyi, who was Martin Jol's first signing as Fulham boss, is likely to make his debut at Newport on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21971531?

WhiteJC

Fulham captain Brede Hangeland signs contract extension

Captain Brede Hangeland has signed a two-year contract extension to keep him at Fulham until at least 2015.

The Norwegian defender, whose current deal was due to expire at the end of the season, has an option to stay at Craven Cottage for a further year.

"I'm certainly really happy to have signed," he told the club's website.

Hangeland, 31, joined Fulham from FC Copenhagen in January 2008 for £2.5m and has played more than 200 games for the west London club.

"It has taken a long time but we're there now and I hope the club is happy," he added.

"I've loved my time with Fulham. It's been a little over five years and I've felt right at home from the very first game.

"I couldn't really see myself leaving, so to finally have signed and to know that I'm here for a few more years gives me a great feeling."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21972240?

WhiteJC

Norwich to battle Fulham for Championship hot-shot

Norwich City are set to compete with Fulham in a battle to sign Crystal Palace's top scorer Glenn Murray, according to the Mirror.

Canaries boss Chris Hughton is keen to remould his forward line and help support club captain Grant Holt, who has scored just five goals this season.

Dutch striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel has already agreed a deal to move to Carrow Road from Sporting Lisbon in the summer.

Now it appears Hughton has turned his attentions to Murray, who is also attracting interest from Fulham following a fine season in south London.

Murray has smashed home 30 goals this campaign to help fire the Eagles into Championship promotion contention.

The former Brighton forward's contract expires at the end of the next season and Palace have offered him a bumper new deal to secure his long-term future at Selhurst Park.

However, should Palace fail to gain promotion to the Premier League this season then reports on Thursday suggest both the Canaries and the Cottagers may make a move to sign the 29-year-old, who has never played in the Premier League.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/norwich/norwich-to-battle-fulham-for-championship-hot-shot

WhiteJC

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Fulham v QPR (20:00 BST)

A win for QPR here would change the whole look of things down the bottom again

There is a bit of a gap between QPR and safety after they lost to Aston Villa last time out but, in all honesty, I watched that game and in the first half hour QPR had enough chances to win it.

If it wasn't for Villa keeper Brad Guzan, they would have done.

Knowing QPR boss Harry Redknapp he will have kept his kept squad upbeat by saying exactly that, and a win for them here would change the whole look of things down the bottom again.

I cannot see that happening, though. This is a derby and there is no love lost between the two sides.

Fulham got a great result against Spurs in their last game and thoroughly deserved their victory. Because it is QPR, and because it will be a tense and tight affair, I fancy Fulham to win again.

Maconie says: " Fulham and QPR are London teams of which I know and care little but think Fulham are too good for QPR." Score: 2-0

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21878638

WhiteJC

Hangeland's New Deal

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce that Captain Brede Hangeland has signed a two-year extension to his current contract, with an option for a further year, which will keep the defender at the Club until at least the summer of 2015.

Hangeland signed from FC Copenhagen in January 2008. The Norway international made his debut in the 0-0 draw against Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium and was instrumental in our 'Great Escape' which saw the Whites win four out the final five matches of the 2007/08 season. A clean sheet and victory on the final day against Portsmouth completed the dramatic escape from relegation.

He also featured prominently in the Club's 2010 UEFA Europa League campaign and was at the heart of memorable victories against Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, VfL Wolfsburg and Hamburger SV on the way to the Final. His goal at the Donbass Arena against Donetsk secured an exciting encounter against Juventus in the following round, which turned out to be arguably Fulham's greatest night on the banks of the Thames.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/28/bredes-new-deal

WhiteJC

QPR boss reveals plan to beat Fulham

QPR boss Harry Redknapp reckons he needs his team to play like Barcelona if they are to escape relegation.
Hoops resume a battle to avoid the drop at neighbours Fulham on Monday night insisting Barca's mentality is the only way out.

The manager (pic) explained: "Barcelona is the best team in the world for me – and the hardest working team.

"They've always got five or six options for passes on the pitch, and they get that because they're working hard – all of them.

"You only need two not working and you haven't got a team."

Rangers had all eight internationals return from international duty unscathed on Thursday morning, with only a long-term injury to Andy Johnson stopping the boss naming a full squad for the short hop to Craven Cottage.

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/qpr-ealing/2013/03/28/82029-33076723/?

WhiteJC

Whites Face Fluminense

Fulham's Under-19s will face Brazilian side Fluminense in the Semi-Final of the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup on Friday.

Having impressed domestically, our young hopefuls have seemingly transferred their form to the international stage, with Steve Wigley's charges topping Group B of the Gordon Jago Elite Category following defeats of Coritiba (3-1), LA Galaxy (2-1) and Eintracht Frankfurt (5-0).

Cauley Woodrow has been amongst the goals once more with three in three, while Jordan Evans and George Williams both have two to their name. Muamer Tankovic, Lasse Vigen Christensen and Jack Grimmer have also been on target so far.

Opponents Fluminense have also impressed, finishing top of Group C following victories over Tigres (3-0) and Toronto FC (1-0) and a draw with Aalborg BK (1-1).

The Rio de Janeiro-based team has a fine reputation at youth level, with Real Madrid's Marcelo amongst the club's former graduates.

Fluminense's current first team includes the likes of Brazil internationals Fred, Wellington Nem, Diego Cavalieri and Rafael Sobis, as well as former Chelsea midfielder Deco. The famous Rivelino was also part of the side during the 1970s.

Fulham's clash with Fluminense will take place in the Cotton Bowl Stadium (7.30pm local time) and the game will be streamed live on Kick TV via YouTube here.

Kashiwa Reysol of Japan, who beat Manchester United to top spot in Group A, will face Danish side Aalborg BK who qualified as the best runners-up in the other Semi-Final, with the winners meeting in Sunday's showpiece at the Cotton Bowl Stadium.

The Final will kick-off at 6pm (local time) and will also be streamed live on Kick TV.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/28/whites-face-fluminense?

WhiteJC

Fulham Kit now up to 50% off!

With all 2012/13 Kappa Replica Kit now on sale at fantastic reductions of up to 50 per cent off, there couldn't be a better time to get your hands on this season's Fulham Kits!

Get your Home or Away Kit now, both with an amazing 50 per cent off, and Third Kit with up to £15 off selected items. You can even complete your Replica Shirt purchase by having your Fulham hero's name and squad number printed on the reverse!

Buy today online, instore at the Stadium Store, or direct on 0843 208 1223 now.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/28/kits-50pc-off?

WhiteJC

Another Striker Target

It would appear that the media believe that Martin Jol is looking at bringing a striker to Craven Cottage this summer.

Already we`ve been linked with one at the higher end of the price market in Wilfried Bony (Vitesse Arnhem) and one at the lower end of the price market in Dwight Gayle (Peterborough United).

Well now they`ve got us looking at someone who might just fall someway between the high end and the low end of the market, a certain Glenn Murray of Crystal Palace.

Twenty-nine year-old Murray has hit 30 goals for the South London side, in the Championship, this season and we reckon Jol and his scouting teams are considering taking a gamble on the player.

We`ll let you know if anything further develops.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=314113#ixzz2OutrrkNV

WhiteJC

Well That`s a Relief

News has broken this evening relating to Brede Hangeland.

The BBC are reporting that Brede has signed a two year contract extension and, therefore, will not be leaving Craven Cottage this summer.

Good news all round!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=314124#ixzz2Ouu1zGez

WhiteJC

Smith Joins Stevenage

Fulham youngster Alex Smith has joined npower League One side Stevenage on a one-month loan deal.

The 21-year-old Academy graduate, who made his Whites debut as a late substitute in the 3-0 home win over West Bromwich Albion in September, will remain at Broadhall Way until late April.

Stevenage currently sit in 15th place in League One.

Meanwhile, Fulham goalkeeper Csaba Somogyi has joined non-League Dartford on a month-long loan.

The shot-stopper will hope to follow in the studmarks of Fulham teammate Marcus Bettinelli, who recently returned to SW6 from a successful loan stint with the Blue Square Bet Premier Darts.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/28/smith-joins-stevenage?

WhiteJC

All smiles as Fulham stalwart Hangeland finally puts pen to paper on new deal, ending years of speculation surrounding his future

Fulham captain Brede Hangeland has ended speculation surrounding his future by signing a two-year contract extension at the club.

The 31-year-old's new deal includes an option for a further year, which if exercised would see the Norway international remain at the London club until the end of the 2015/16 campaign.

All smiles: Hangeland had been linked to moves away from Craven Cottage on several occasions

A statement on Fulham's website confirmed: 'Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce that captain Brede Hangeland has signed a two-year extension to his current contract, with an option for a further year, which will keep the defender at the club until at least the summer of 2015.'

Hangeland, whose existing deal was due to expire at the end of the season, joined Fulham from FC Copenhagen in January 2008 and has since made 233 appearances for the club in all competitions.

'I'm so happy, delighted,' Hangeland said on fulhamfc.com.

'It's taken a long time but we're there now and I hope the club is happy - I'm certainly really happy to have signed.

'I've loved my time with Fulham. It's been a little over five years and I've felt right at home from the very first game.

'I couldn't really see myself leaving, so to finally have signed gives me a great feeling.'

Hangeland was linked with a move to QPR in January, but Fulham rejected two bids from their West London rivals.

He featured in every Premier League game last season for Martin Jol's side, and has appeared 23 times this campaign.

Fulham currently have several players whose contracts are up in the summer, including Mladen Petric, Mark Schwarzer, Chris Baird, Mahamadou Diarra, Giorgos Karagounis and Neil Etheridge.

Mainstay: Hangeland has made 233 appearances for the Cottagers since joining in January 2008

Contract up: Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer (left), forward Mladen Petric (centre) and midfielder Giorgos Karagounis (right) will leave the club in the summer if their contracts are not renewed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2300684/Fulham-stalwart-Brede-Hangeland-signs-year-contract-extension.html#ixzz2OuugIzY9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

QPR boss baffled by Fulham's Zamora grudge

Harry Redknapp is pleased with Bobby Zamora's return to fitness and can't understand why Fulham fans would give the striker a hostile reception on his return to Craven Cottage on Monday.

Zamora is an unpopular figure at his former club but Redknapp thinks the 32-year-old could be key to his side's survival hopes.

When Zamora injured his hip in November it was first feared that the Barking-born striker would miss the whole season.

But he has made a return to fitness in time to face the Cottagers – a much-needed boost for Redknapp as he targets "four or five wins" from the remaining eight games to avoid the drop.

He said: "He's fine. He's had that hip problem and then he's come back and had that ankle injury.

"Then he went to Aston Villa after having the flu all week. Thankfully the flu is gone and the ankle is heeled, and apart from a dodgy hip, he's in good shape.

"He's important to us as he holds the ball up. Going back to Fulham will be interesting for him."

One-time England international Zamora once admitted that he had fallen out of love with the game, declaring he was "not a massive football fan".

However, Redknapp will be hoping that his striker is in the right frame of mind for this vital west London derby.

The 66-year-old knows that Zamora will be subject of abuse from Fulham fans, despite helping the club enjoy one of their most successful seasons in 2010 when they reached the Europa League final, where they were defeated by Atletico Madrid.

"I don't know why he should get stick when you go back to the club where you've done so well," added Redknapp.

"I don't know the words for it really. Why do you abuse someone when they're giving you good service?

"Years ago people used to go back to old clubs and got a standing ovation but now, oh dear, oh lord, what has happened?"

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr/qpr_boss_baffled_by_fulham_s_zamora_grudge_1_1996007

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 29, 2013, 08:53:49 AM

QPR boss baffled by Fulham's Zamora grudge

Harry Redknapp is pleased with Bobby Zamora's return to fitness and can't understand why Fulham fans would give the striker a hostile reception on his return to Craven Cottage on Monday.

Zamora is an unpopular figure at his former club but Redknapp thinks the 32-year-old could be key to his side's survival hopes.

When Zamora injured his hip in November it was first feared that the Barking-born striker would miss the whole season.

But he has made a return to fitness in time to face the Cottagers – a much-needed boost for Redknapp as he targets "four or five wins" from the remaining eight games to avoid the drop.

He said: "He's fine. He's had that hip problem and then he's come back and had that ankle injury.

"Then he went to Aston Villa after having the flu all week. Thankfully the flu is gone and the ankle is heeled, and apart from a dodgy hip, he's in good shape.

"He's important to us as he holds the ball up. Going back to Fulham will be interesting for him."

One-time England international Zamora once admitted that he had fallen out of love with the game, declaring he was "not a massive football fan".

However, Redknapp will be hoping that his striker is in the right frame of mind for this vital west London derby.

The 66-year-old knows that Zamora will be subject of abuse from Fulham fans, despite helping the club enjoy one of their most successful seasons in 2010 when they reached the Europa League final, where they were defeated by Atletico Madrid.

"I don't know why he should get stick when you go back to the club where you've done so well," added Redknapp.

"I don't know the words for it really. Why do you abuse someone when they're giving you good service?

"Years ago people used to go back to old clubs and got a standing ovation but now, oh dear, oh lord, what has happened?"

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr/qpr_boss_baffled_by_fulham_s_zamora_grudge_1_1996007

It's called "ingratitude, 'arry."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel