watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rio Ferdinand abuse

Started by Artful Dodger, March 29, 2013, 01:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artful Dodger

I see England fans are being reported for racist abuse of Rio and Anton. If true, there is no place for it but not knowing what's been said / sung, was it racist or as the bbc report implies (reading between the lines anyway), was it just general abuse but being called racist becasue Rio is black?  Either way... 096.gig
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

CanadianCottager

It's unknown how many fans were involved, but police have identified the ringleader of the group

SKSW6

Baider

A lot of my mates went to the game in San Marino and they said (among many others) that no such chanting ever happened.

Lets hope Rio isn't making it all up

Artful Dodger

Quote from: SKSW6 on March 29, 2013, 01:28:46 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2300950/Not-England-fans-guilty-racist-abuse-Rio-Ferdinand.html

This is a pretty decent article on it and one which pretty much sums up how I feel about it.
Cheers - good article from someone who was actually there. I remember singing that song at school but we put the teachers on the top and the 6th form in the middle!!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Baider on March 29, 2013, 01:41:37 PM
A lot of my mates went to the game in San Marino and they said (among many others) that no such chanting ever happened.

Lets hope Rio isn't making it all up

Isn't he commenting on something that has been reported for the last week or so? It isn't like he is making the accusations.

Artful Dodger

Seems to be hotting up now. England Supporters Club have come out and said it's a non-story and FARE who made the allegation weren't even at the game! I just think Rio isn't very popular, poor lad.....

leonffc

Funny how there's been no mention of the monkey chants aimed at Welbeck in the first 5 minutes

leonffc

Quote from: leonffc on March 29, 2013, 07:52:10 PM
Funny how there's been no mention of the monkey chants aimed at Welbeck in the first 5 minutes

From Montenegro fans obviously

westcliff white

firstly it is not rio making the complaines but some against racism gorup. secondly it was clear whar was being sung when i was watching it on ITV. not sure that the spokesman for the fans has helped much by saying it was hear say, when it was broadcast live and secondly with his comment of they were singing rio we know where you are.

its a sad thing racism, its not justa  football thing but society as a whole in some areas.
Every day is a Fulham day

Berserker

I think Roy said something along the lines that he was aware of it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rupert

Can somebody clarify here, please?

All the quote chants that I have read about have been anti-Ferdinand and his brother, not anti any particular race. Have there been actual racist chants complained about, or is it simply anti-Ferdinand?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

leonffc

Anti Ferdinand as far as I know.