News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FULHAM INTO THE FINAL OF THE DALLAS CUP!!!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, March 30, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

BEATING FLUMINENSE 4 - 3 ON PENALTIES!!!

COME ON YOU LITTLE WHITES!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Mr-ska

It was good to watch live..  there was a ticker feed going with Brazilians hurling insults at Fulham, England and Europe in general. It was actually funny bantering with them!

BishopsParkFantastic

Watched the match live. With the other games, this has been a great opportunity to see Fulham's young players. I think the whole of Fulham's defence was outstanding. We have Dan Burn coming through at centre back. In three years time we could easily have a centre back partnership between Grimmer and Arthurworry. It would be fantastic if Grimmer got a chance (in place of Senderos) alongside Hangelend this season. Grimmer's whole game and captaincy is hugely impressive. Our goalkeeper was fautless, with at least two stunning saves (including the one from the penalty. I can't wait for the final!!

JackyFulham90

Seems like we have some very promising youngsters

Grimmer , Ryan Williams , Tankovic , Roberts & Woodrow can hopefully make the step up

Beamer

I see the website says 6.00pm local time for the final but only thing the club don't seem to mention is what day. Anybody?

elgreenio

Quote from: Beamer on March 30, 2013, 10:51:53 AM
I see the website says 6.00pm local time for the final but only thing the club don't seem to mention is what day. Anybody?

Is tomorrow night

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Enter the Frei

Tankovic is the one that really impresses me, very intelligent footballer.

BedsFFC

Watched the whole thing. Have a bit of a headache, owing to going onto a 2nd bottle of red by the time pens came on or PK's as the US commentators called them.
The game was surprisingly niggly, with brazillians waving imaginary cards on most tackles.

From what I understand, the Japanese in the final have been the best team, playing quick passing football. They won 4-0 in the semi against a team that Fluminese drew with in the group. No question though, we have a very special group of lads coming through.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on March 30, 2013, 10:13:38 AM
Watched the match live. With the other games, this has been a great opportunity to see Fulham's young players. I think the whole of Fulham's defence was outstanding. We have Dan Burn coming through at centre back. In three years time we could easily have a centre back partnership between Grimmer and Arthurworry. It would be fantastic if Grimmer got a chance (in place of Senderos) alongside Hangelend this season. Grimmer's whole game and captaincy is hugely impressive. Our goalkeeper was fautless, with at least two stunning saves (including the one from the penalty. I can't wait for the final!!
Enough with the Senderos bashing, he has been in good form. Top top performance against Spurs. The leap between youth and Prwmier League football is huge, odds are it's too soon for Grimmer.

EJL

The Bronsons

The Japanese side will be a real test. They have an Arsenal/Barca approach and totally outplayed and frustrated Aalborg in the other semi.

We can do it - Arthurworry is about as big as their entire team stood on end - but it's going to be tough.

Mr-ska

Ill deffo be staying up tomorrow night. Even thought im knackered today..  it was well worth it.

cmg

Quote from: EJL on March 30, 2013, 01:19:50 PM
I thought Grimmer was a full-back?

Of course nothing is set in stone for these guys at this stage. Anything could happen.
Grimmer looks the part for a centre-back and has been impressive in the three games I have seen. He is strong defensively and good in the air and looks a more fluent footballer than, say, Arthurworrey. That is not to say, however that Arthurworrey is less effective, who, with his long legs, looks a lot like a slightly smoother Hangeland going forward. Grimmer has made some very effective surging runs from the back and is also an effective team captain. The way he coached the referee last night reminded me of Bobby Moore when he was with us. Very amusing - but he won't get away with it with every ref.

The defence as a whole has been very strong and much better organised than any other team I have seen there.

Rodak, very young looking and rather slight for a keeper, has shown why he has been preferred to the much praised Max 'Oliver Kahn' Oberschmidt with his smart positional play and some stunning saves, including a blinder in the penalty shoot-out.

Josh Passley has looked a fraction of an inch short of sensational. He is good defensively and can be quite mesmerising going forward, let down only by running out of ideas or confidence at the last moment. If this is sorted out with experience he could well go places - although at what position has yet to be finally established.

I would have preferred Richards to Kavanagh at left back. But Kavanagh was top-notch last night, which goes to show how much I know.

Christensen instead of Minkwitz in midfield was also a bit of a surprise, but Lasse Viren has a bit more attacking flair about him as was shown when he laid on Williams' goal.

For me Sambou has been the stand-out over the three matches. Built like an armoured tank division and plays a bit like one, too. Brought  a young Alan Mullery to my aged mind and has 'hurly-burly of English Premier League' stamped all over him.

Getting through the semis of a ko competition is the big thing - nobody remembers beaten semi-finalists. The thing now is to enjoy the Final. Whatever happens these boys have done us proud.

LondonFulhamWhite

cmg

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 30, 2013, 12:06:35 PM

The game was surprisingly niggly, with brazillians waving imaginary cards on most tackles.

It was hilarious when, on at least three occasions, a young Brazilian went to ground following a tackle, grabbed the ball for a 'free kick' only to be penalised for handball.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: EJL on March 30, 2013, 01:19:50 PM
I thought Grimmer was a full-back?
[/quote)

Centre back in this tournament. Sometimes right back. I think centre back is his 'natural' position.

Scrumpy

I managed to get to half time before heading to bed. Very enjoyable to watch. I think the Japanese will be an even tougher test, but well worth staying up tomorrow night for this one.

Maybe we can have another thread and if Mr R Lightning can post up the link again, that would be great.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.