watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (30/03/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 30, 2013, 06:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham - QPR Preview: Hoops look to get back to winning ways in a west London derby
Hayy Redknapp's men were on the wrong end of a 6-0 thrashing on their last visit to Craven Cottage, and must now face a home team buoyed by their recent win at Spurs

PROBABLE LINEUPS
FULHAM
Schwarzer
Riether, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Dejagah, Karagounis, Sidwell, Duff
Ruiz
Berbatov

QPR
Julio Cesar
Bosingwa, Hill, Samba, Fabio
Hoilett, Park, M'Bia, Townsend
Zamora, Remy

With no new injuries to contend with, Martin Jol is expected to stick with the same line-up that has served him well over the past three games, including a 1-0 win at White Hart Lane.

Eyong Enoh made his first appearance for the Cottagers against Tottenham, and is in contention for a place in the team alongside regular substitute Urby Emanuelson.

Mahamadou Diarra (knee) remains the only long-term absentee for the hosts.

Having lost 3-2 against Aston Villa while playing in a 4-3-3 formation last time out, Harry Redknapp will probably switch back to the 4-4-2 system that saw them pick up wins against Southampton and Sunderland.

Julio Cesar whould continue in goal for the Hoops, in spite of Rob Green's recovery from the illness that kept him out of the trip to Villa Park.

Luke Young, Tal Ben Haim and Samba Diakite are all sidelined with knocks, while Andrew Johnson (knee) and Armand Traore (calf) are still a couple of weeks away from full fitness.

DID YOU KNOW?
QPR's 2-1 win over Fulham at Loftus Road back in December was their first victory over their west London rivals in seven attempts, having lost five of the previous six.

However, Fulham ran out 6-0 winners the last time these two sides met at Craven Cottage - a result that is both QPR's record defeat and the hosts' joint-record win in the Premier League.

QPR's conversion rate of 9.2 per cent is the lowest in the Premier League.

The Cottagers have come from behind to win only four points in the Premier League this season - the worst such record in the top flight.

Dimitar Berbatov (right) has scored in three successive Premier League games for the first time since December 2011. He has never netted in four successive appearances.

Meanwhile, Jermaine Jenas has hit the back of the net in each of the last two games. The last time he scored in two consecutive Premier League games (February 2007), he went on to grab a goal in the third match.

Despite their recent win over Tottenham, Fulham boast the worst return from London derbies in the Premier League having earned just eight points.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/81142/fulham-vs-qpr/preview

WhiteJC

Manchester United Battle Liverpool for Highly Rated Fulham Youngster - Report

Manchester United and Liverpool are reportedly ready to battle it out for Fulham's teenage sensation Patrick Roberts.

The forward, who turned 16 last month, has been a regular starter for the Cottagers' U-18 team this season. Roberts also featured for the England U-17s last week and is now considered as one of the outstanding English footballers in his age group.

Liverpool have been keeping tabs on Roberts for some time now, while United have registered an interest in him only of late, according to Goal.com. The youngster is understood to have impressed the Old Trafford academy chiefs after the Red Devils U-18s hosted Fulham earlier this month.

Martin Jol's side cannot tie Roberts down to a professional contract till he is 17. However, the report claims the west London outfit have a "terms of agreement" with the player that offers the club a good amount of protection for the next 11 months.

Goal.com also states that both United and Liverpool have made an enquiry about the availability of Roberts and are prepared to offer more than £1m in compensation but Fulham are not interested in selling the highly-rated youngster.

Roberts can operate as a supporting striker, a right winger or an attacking midfielder.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/451664/20130329/manchester-united-transfer-news-roberts-fulham-liverpool.htm?

WhiteJC

Hangeland 'delighted' with new Fulham deal

Brede Hangeland is "delighted" to have signed a new two-year contract with Fulham.

The Norwegian defender's future has been far from certain in recent months, with reports linking him with a switch to the likes of QPR, due to his old deal being set to expire this summer.

He will now be staying at Craven Cottage until at least 2015, with the option to extend the contract by another year.

The 31-year-old is pleased to have ended the uncertainty, and is thrilled to be remaining with the Cottagers:

"I'm delighted," he told the club's official website.

"It's taken a long time but we're there now. I hope the club is happy; I'm certainly really happy to have signed."

Hangeland went on to reveal that his love for the club was a major factor in his willingness to stay put:

"I've loved my time at Fulham. It's been a little over five years and I've felt right at home from the beginning. I couldn't really see myself leaving so to know I'm here for a few more years gives me a great feeling."

Hangeland has become a cult hero amongst Fulham's fans during his spell in West London, after producing a number of fine displays to help maintain the club's Premier League status.

He arrived at the club from FC Copenhagen in 2008, and has gone on to make 236 first-team appearances.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/fulham/hangeland-delighted-with-new-fulham-deal

WhiteJC

Former Fulham Winger Arrives

Barnet's attacking options have been strengthened with the signing of Keanu Marsh-Brown.

The former Fulham youth product spent some loan spells away from the Premier League side before finally joining Yeovil last summer, however that was cancelled in the New Year and that's left the winger without a club since.

You have to question why The Glovers released him so soon, then again sometimes moves just don't work out so Edgar Davids has decided to hand the 20-year-old a contract until the end of the season, which if he impresses will surely be extended?

Read more: http://www.barnet.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=314275#ixzz2P081vd1y

WhiteJC

Jol`s First Signing - Off on Loan

If I asked you to recall who Martin Jol`s first signing was, would you know?

I ask the question because I have t admit I was somewhat stunned to find out it was the Hungarian keeper, Csaba Somogyi.

Somogyi joined Fulham from the Hungarian side Rakospalotai EAC, back in 2011, but has yet to make a first team appearance.

For that reason and that reason alone I reckon the keeper will be somewhat glad to have gone off to Dartford, on loan, until the end of the season, to fill a goalkeeping void the Blue Square Bet Premier side has.

We wish him every success as he seeks to get some regular first team action, hopefully starting against Newport this Saturday.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=314289#ixzz2P08EQymR

WhiteJC

Five-A-Side At Motspur Park

We've teamed up with Bet Butler, the Official Betting Partner of Fulham FC, to offer fans a prize that money quite simply cannot buy. We're giving you and four mates the chance to play in a five-a-side match at our Motspur Park Training Ground, which isn't normally open to the general public.

Enter this brilliant competition today and we'll not only enter you into the draw to win this unique experience, but Bet Butler will also give you and your four mates a free gift* just to say thanks for entering. Alternatively, if playing isn't your thing, you and your friends can come along to watch the First Team train.

You don't have to sign up to Bet Butler in order to enter, but if you like betting you're going to love Fulham's Official Betting Partner. Bet Butler is the UK's leading betting brokerage, guaranteeing the best odds from over 60 different bookmakers across the world, letting you compare the entire market and place your bets through one easy-to-use account. Plus, Bet Butler only get paid when you win, so you know they're on your side.

Click here to enter

*Bet Butler's standard terms and conditions apply

Terms and Conditions

Standard terms and conditions apply.
Only one entry per individual.
Anyone who has been nominated by a friend can also enter themselves.
Entrants must be over 18 years of age on the day they enter.
Entries must be received by midnight on 18th April 2013 in order to be eligible.
The winning entry will be selected at random by the Bet Butler team. Their decision is final and no further discussion will be entered into.
The date and time of the Motspur Park visit will be determined by Fulham FC. While we will make every effort to accommodate your preferred date, we cannot guarantee it.
There is no cash alternative to the prize being offered.
Entry to this competition is not conditional on signing up for a Bet Butler account, although you will need to do this to redeem the risk-free bet offer.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/29/5-a-side-at-motspur-park?

WhiteJC

Spring At Craven Cottage

It's not just London derbies against Queens Park Rangers, Chelsea and Arsenal that Fulham fans have to look forward to at Craven Cottage:

The BNY Mellon Boat Race

Watch the 159th University Boat Race between Oxford and Cambridge from the terrace at Craven Cottage on Sunday 31st March. Tickets cost just £10 for adults and £5 for under-12s and will entitle you to a complimentary burger, pie, or chicken curry and rice, as well as a choice of drink.* Buy your ticket online now!

Billy on Tour

Back by popular demand! Join us on Friday 5th or Friday 12th April for an extra special Stadium Tour featuring none other than our mascot, Billy the Badger. Places are limited so book online today to avoid disappointment.

Open Training

On Tuesday 9th April from 9.30am-12pm, First Team Open Training returns to the Cottage. Tickets are free of charge for this event; to book, simply call 0843 208 1234 and select Option 3 (9am-5pm Monday to Friday).

Father's Day Legend Tour and Terrace Grill

Why not treat Dad to our exciting Father's Day package this June, featuring welcome drinks, a guided Stadium Tour, a grill on the terrace, Q&A session with Fulham favourite Sean Davis, and a gift for your Father.
Tickets are priced at just £38 for adults, £14.50 for under-12s, and under-5s go free! What's more, Season Ticket Holders, Members and Local Residents are entitled to 10 per cent off these prices. To book, call 0207 384 4777 (9am-5pm Monday to Friday).

*Vegetarian option available. Drink choices include beer, wine and soft drinks.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/29/spring-at-craven-cottage?

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR: Striker Zamora shakes off injury in time to face old employers

I'm back: Zamora is fit to face Fulham

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has Bobby Zamora fit for Monday's Barclays Premier League trip to Fulham.

Zamora, the former Fulham striker, used the international break to overcome an ankle injury and a dose of the flu to be in contention for the west London derby.

Redknapp reported a clean bill of health following the international window and he must decide whether to recall the mercurial Moroccan Adel Taarabt to the side.

Provisional squad: Cesar, Green, Onuoha, Hill, Samba, Mbia, Fabio, Traore, Granero, Diakite, Hoilett, Park, Derry, Taarabt, Jenas, Townsend, Wright-Phillips, Mackie, Remy, Bothroyd, Zamora.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301059/Fulham-v-QPR-Bobby-Zamora-available.html#ixzz2P09AeEkp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham match is "must-win". Jenas

QPR midfielder Jermaine Jenas has branded Monday's Barclays Premier League trip to west London rivals Fulham as a must-win game for the relegation-threatened cl

Rangers head into the weekend bottom of the Barclays Premier League table and seven points adrift of Aston Villa in 17th position with just eight matches remaining.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp remains confident his men can claw themselves to safety, particularly in the wake of their recent victories over Southampton and Sunderland.

And while Jenas would settle for a point at Craven Cottage, he made no bones about Rangers' need for victories.

"If we're totally honest, we need to win on Monday night," Jenas said.

"A draw won't be a bad result because it keeps us moving forward and gets that momentum back up, but make no mistake, we need to be winning games. There are teams that can easily get sucked into it."

Jenas has made a big impression since his January move to Loftus Road from Nottingham Forest, scoring twice in two appearances and Redknapp views his experience as key.

"He knows the situations I've been in throughout my career and knows I can handle these types of battles. I've played in a lot of pressurised games throughout my career," Jenas told qpr.co.uk.

"I'd like to think that's why Harry bought me here - to play games, score goals and help the team out.

"The position we're in is tough, but the mood in the camp is positive. We're scoring goals, creating chances and there's a style about our play now that wasn't there a few weeks or months ago."

http://www.clubcall.com/queens-park-rangers/fulham-match-is-must-win-jenas-1567301.html?

WhiteJC

Jol has no selection worries

Fulham boss Martin Jol has no worries with injuries as his side prepare to take on bottom-of-the-table QPR on Monday night.

Jol will be buoyed by the safe return of all his players from international duty and has no fresh concerns to worry about.

The Cottagers will welcome Harry Redknapp's side to Craven Cottage feeling good after a 1-0 victory against Tottenham last time out.

The Dutch boss will be without midfielder Mahamadou Diarra who is missing with a knee injury but apart from that he will have a full squad to pick from for the clash.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/jol-has-no-selection-worries-1567306.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Queens Park Rangers: match preview
Read a full preview of the Premier League game between Fulham and Queens Park Rangers at Craven Cottage on Monday April 1 March 30 2013, kick-off 20.00 (BST).

Ready: Bobby Zamora has recovered from illness and injury to make himself available for QPR at Fulham on Monday night
Photo: REUTERS

Monday, April 1 2013
Fulham v Queens Park Rangers
Craven Cottage
Kick-off: 20.00 BST.
TV: Live Sky Sports 1.
Fulham (Possible, 4-4-2): Schwarzer, Riise, Hangeland, Senderos, Riether, Duff, Sidwell, Karagounis, Dejagah, Ruiz, Berbatov.
Out: Etheridge (leg). Diarra (knee).
QPR (Possible, 4-1-4-1): Julio Cesar; Fabio, Samba, Hill, Bosingwa; Mbia; Townsend, Jenas, Park, Rémy; Zamora.
Out: Johnson (knee), Diakité (unspecified).
Referee: Jon Moss. Matches: 17, R1 Y53.

Team News
Bobby Zamora has been passed fit for QPR ahead of the Monday night game.

Zamora, the former Fulham striker, used the international break to overcome an ankle injury and a dose of the flu to be in contention for the west London derby.

Redknapp has reported a clean bill of health following the international window and he must decide whether to recall the mercurial Moroccan Adel Taarabt to the side.

Match Notes
Mahamadou Diarra remains Fulham's only absentee for Monday's visit of Premier League basement club QPR.

The Mali midfielder, out of contract at the end of the season, will not play again before then after it was discovered his troublesome left knee will require a third operation.

Manager Martin Jol has no other injury concerns as his side seek to build on a four-match unbeaten run.

Harry Redknapp has said that he wants his team to play more like Barcelona, a statement that rather overstates the potential of Andros Townsend and Clint Hill.

Nevertheless, he will be cheered by the memory of victory in the reverse fixture in December, the club's first of the season.

Both sides have improved a little since then, but while Fulham recline in mid-table, QPR know defeat would spell almost certain doom.

Betting: Home 17-20, Away 13-5, Draw 23-10.

Stat of the game: Fulham are unbeaten in four Premier League games; if they avoid defeat again it will be their best run without loss since November.

Jonathan Liew's prediction: Fulham 2 Queens Park Rangers 0.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9946771/Fulham-v-Queens-Park-Rangers-match-preview.html

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR preview: We must take a point from London derby to beat relegation, says Jermaine Jenas

QPR midfielder Jermaine Jenas has branded Monday's Barclays Premier League trip to west London rivals Fulham as a must-win game for the relegation-threatened club.

Rangers head into the weekend bottom of the Barclays Premier League table and seven points adrift of Aston Villa in 17th position with just eight matches remaining.

QPR boss Harry Redknapp remains confident his men can claw themselves to safety, particularly in the wake of their recent victories over Southampton and Sunderland.

And while Jenas would settle for a point at Craven Cottage, he made no bones about Rangers' need for victories.

"If we're totally honest, we need to win on Monday night," Jenas said.

"A draw won't be a bad result because it keeps us moving forward and gets that momentum back up, but make no mistake, we need to be winning games.

"There are teams that can easily get sucked into it."

Jenas has made a big impression since his January move to Loftus Road from Nottingham Forest, scoring twice in two appearances and Redknapp views his experience as key.

"He knows the situations I've been in throughout my career and knows I can handle these types of battles. I've played in a lot of pressurised games throughout my career," Jenas told qpr.co.uk.

"I'd like to think that's why Harry bought me here - to play games, score goals and help the team out.

"The position we're in is tough, but the mood in the camp is positive. We're scoring goals, creating chances and there's a style about our play now that wasn't there a few weeks or months ago."

Redknapp has targeted "four or five wins" from their remaining eight matches, which would be some achievement given they have only won four league matches all season.

But the QPR boss is confident because of the way his side are playing, despite suffering a 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa on their last outing before the international window.

"We're playing well. If we were in bad form I'd be more worried," Redknapp said.

"That gives us a chance. With eight games to go, that's positive for us. There are four or five wins for us in the games left.

"We've got to go to Fulham and win the game. It's a local derby, we'll take a huge following with us. We want a positive result."

PA

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-v-qpr-preview-we-must-take-a-point-from-london-derby-to-beat-relegation-says-jermaine-jenas-8554524.html

WhiteJC

Fulham Said to Fancy Bulgaria Goalie

Twente goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov. Photo by BGNES

Fulham are willing to snap up Bulgarian international goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov, according to a media report.

Bulgarian news website Sportal.bg has reported that the Cottagers first considered bidding for Mihaylov during the winter transfer window.

Fulham coach Martin Jol made a new goalkeeper a top priority during the last transfer window, with current first-choice Mark Schwarzer's career drawing to a close.

Maarten Stekelenburg's move to Fulham was aborted in the very last second at the end of January.

If Mihaylov completes his move to Fulham, he would become the club's third Bulgarian player after Dimitar Berbatov and Stanislav Manolev.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=149088

WhiteJC

FULHAM v QPR: Diarra is Jol's only injury concern as Cottagers look to extend unbeaten run

Mahamadou Diarra remains Fulham's only absentee for Monday's visit of Barclays Premier League basement club QPR.

The Mali midfielder, out of contract at the end of the season, will not play again before then after it was discovered his troublesome left knee will require a third operation.

Manager Martin Jol has no other injury concerns as his side seek to build on a four-match unbeaten run.

Only absentee: Besides Mahamadou Diarra, Fulham have a fully fit squad

Provisional squad: Schwarzer, Somogyi, Etheridge, Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Senderos, Riise, Dejagah, Baird, Karagounis, Kacaniklic, Frimpong, Davies, Richardson, Frei, Mesca, Enoh, Berbatov, Sidwell, Duff, Ruiz, Emanuelson, Rodallega, Petric.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301201/FULHAM-v-QPR-Mahamadou-Diarra-Martin-Jols-injury-concern.html#ixzz2P0BUuJt9

WhiteJC

Fulham v QPR: squad sheets

Bobby Zamora is fit and Harry Redknapp could do with a goal from the former Fulham striker against Martin Jol's side. Bottom of the league and seven points adrift of 17th-placed Aston Villa, QPR need to win but neighbours boasting Dimitar Berbatov up front and the confidence stemming from beating Tottenham in their last game look far from ideal opponents. Redknapp, though, is confident that this meeting can kick-start a QPR revival. "I'd be worried if performances were bad," he said. "But we're playing well." Louise Taylor

Venue Craven Cottage, Easter Monday 8pm

Tickets £35-£45 (0843 208 1234)

Last season Fulham 6 QPR 0

Referee J Moss

This season's matches 17 Y53, R1, 3.18 cards per game

Odds Fulham 19-20 QPR 11-4 Draw 5-2

Fulham v QPR: Probable starters in bold, contenders in light.
Photograph: Graphic

Fulham

Subs from Etheridge, Somogyi, Hughes, Baird, Kacaniklic, Frimpong, Davies, Richardson, Emanuelson, Na Bangna, Rodallega, Petric, Manolev, Enoh

Doubtful Frei (match fitness)

Injured Diarra (knee, unknown)

Suspended none

Form guide WDWDLW

Disciplinary record Y34 R1

Leading scorer Berbatov 11

QPR

Subs from Murphy, Ben Haim, Onuoha, Derry, Cerny, Hoilett, Bothroyd, Granero, Ephraim, Wright-Phillips, Yun, Taarabt, Granero, Mackie

Injured Diakité (knock, unknown), Johnson (knee, 6 April), Traoré (calf, 6 April)

Suspended none

Form guide LWWLLD

Disciplinary record Y45 R2

Leading scorers Zamora, Taarabt 4

Match pointers

• QPR have won one of their past seven meetings with Fulham (L5 D1), but this victory came earlier this season (2-1) at Loftus Road

• Fulham defeated QPR 6-0 at Craven Cottage in their last meeting there; both QPR's record defeat and Fulham's joint-record win in the Premier League

• Dimitar Berbatov has scored in three successive league appearances for the first time since Dec 2011. He has never netted four in row

• QPR have converted 9.2% of their shots into goals this season; the lowest proportion in the Premier League

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/29/fulham-qpr-squad-sheets?

WhiteJC

Berbatov needs to stay up front

FanZone's Fulham blogger Henry Walmsley is not overly confident of beating QPR on Monday - but feels Dimitar Berbatov's positioning is key.

The international break is finally over, and what better way to return to domestic matters than with a local derby against QPR!

March has been a very quiet month at the Cottage with only two games, neither of which being at home. It has however, been a relatively successful month, with the team picking up four points including an excellent away win at Spurs and in the process moving into the top half.

QPR have shown signs in the past month that they are on the up, and before the Aston Villa game many, including myself, were starting to think 'they'll be fine now (unfortunately)'. The Villa result was a massive blow for them, though, and they now find themselves seven points off safety with only eight games to go.

Despite this, I'm not overly confident. When we went to Loftus Road (one of the worst days of my life), we were completely outplayed and I'm very worried about seeing the same again. However, when we played them back in December, we were in no form at all, and 'Arry had just come in, so perhaps they were in the honeymoon period.

Now, we are in much better form, and for me, this comes down to one thing - Dimitar Berbatov staying up the pitch.

In the Sunderland game we looked far more threatening on the break because we broke with pace. When a player looked up, he would see Berbatov, who could play nice one-twos and Dejagah would make good runs past.

Too often this season, we would get the ball and not get into the final third because Berbatov was too deep and there was no one to play it to.

Fortunately this has now changed and we look like we're getting back to playing some of the great stuff we produced at the start of the season.

With a win in this game pretty much vital for the visitors if they're to avoid the drop, I expect them to come out fighting. It's important we keep the ball and don't panic in possession, we were fantastic at this at Spurs and it was a key factor in us winning the game.

The defence pretty much picks itself other than whether Hughes or Senderos plays. I've always backed Hughes, however I am starting to be won over by Senderos. My problem with him has always been the amount of massive mistakes he makes. Near enough every game he makes a mistake which presents a golden opportunity for the opposition to score. Off the top of my head I can think of him giving away a penalty against Sunderland, being at fault for Rooney's goal in the United game and almost gifting Stoke a goal when we played them at the end of February. He did, however, have a very good game against Tottenham.

I'd still rather see Hughes start, because I don't trust big Phil. I think Hughes is more agile and aware than Senderos, and this will be important to combat Loic Remy.

Other than that I'd pick the same team that beat Spurs with Sidwell and Karagounis in the middle, Dejagah, Ruiz and Duff in front of them and Berba up front.

This season has been a pretty typical campaign for Fulham, dumped out of both cups fairly early, and on course for a mid-table finish with relegation not really a worry.

Getting good results against Chelsea and QPR are what can put a smile on your face when you look back come May. If we can beat the R's, and then beat Chelsea later in April, we will certainly have some fond memories from the season.

I think it will be quite an open game, and although I can't see us walking over them like we did last season at home, I think we'll win 3-1.

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/8605733/Berbatov-needs-to-stay-up-front?

WhiteJC

Fulham making swoop for Albanian goalkeeper Berisha

Albanian goalkeeper Etrit Berisha has confirmed Fulham are showing interest in him.

Berisha, 24, who plays for Swedish side Kalmar FF and is awaiting a Swedish passport, was watched by Fulham scouts while playing for Albania against Norway.

He said: 'I have talked a little with Fulham, but we'll see later how the things will go.'

Linked: Fulham are reportedly showing an interest in Albanian goalkeeper Etrit Berisha

Meanwhile, Mahamadou Diarra remains Fulham's only absentee for Monday's visit of Barclays Premier League basement club QPR.

Out: Mahamadou Diarra will miss Fulham's clash with QPR

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2301401/Fulham-making-swoop-Albanian-goalkeeper-Etrit-Berisha.html#ixzz2P0Ce6CQf

WhiteJC

U19s Reach Final

Fulham Under-19s have reached the Final of the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup following a penalty shootout win against Fluminense.

The Whites had already seen off Coritiba, LA Galaxy and Eintracht Frankfurt en route to their Semi-Final clash with the Rio de Janeiro-based side.

And Steve Wigley's charges didn't disappoint in what was an entertaining encounter, and although extra time and penalties was needed, they were better side throughout.

With both teams starting brightly, Fulham impressed with their ability to move the ball, while the Brazilians caught the eye with their athleticism.

Few clear chances were created however, with Cauley Woodrow and Muamer Tankovic both thwarted by some expert defensive work.

Fulham did find a breakthrough, though, when on 30 minutes Lasse Vigen Christensen picked out Ryan Williams with a lovely pass, with the Australian winger finishing confidently with his head.

Fluminense responded well, upping the tempo and pushing Fulham back on the counter. As a result, the Brazilians were on level terms within minutes.

At 1-1, Vigen Christensen had a good chance to put the Whites back in front, while at the other end Marek Rodak made a super save to deny Fluminense from taking a lead into the break.

Fulham opened the second-half in positive fashion, although they had Josh Passley booked early on. The right-back didn't let the caution get to him, though, charging forward and almost finding Woodrow with a clever cross on the run.

Ryan Williams and Tankovic also saw half chances come and go, and although the Brazilians looked dangerous on the break, Fulham gradually began to take control of proceedings.

With so much creativity and skill on show, not to mention a steely determination, it was evident that neither team wanted to relent.

Substitute Emerson Hyndman (pictured) began to make a difference for the Whites, though, with the American dictating play from the middle of the park. The youngster was instrumental in a fabulous 10-pass move that almost ended with Woodrow finding the target.

With five minutes of normal time on the clock, Ryan Williams went agonisingly close to his and Fulham's second, following another free flowing move from deep.

With extra-time needed, Fulham continued to press, but had Stephen Athurworrey to thank for keeping them in the contest when the young defender made a timely intervention to deny Fluminense a clear goal scoring chance. 

Wigley's side certainly looked the better of the two sides, keeping the ball and moving it wisely. However, the Brazilians held on to take the game to the lottery of a penalty shootout.

But Fulham held their nerve to see off their Brazilian opponents, with Rodak making a stunning stop and Woodrow, Sean Kavanagh, Hyndman and George Williams converting from the spot.

The Whites will now face Kashiwa Reysol of Japan, who defeated Aalborg BK 4-0 in the other Semi-Final, in Sunday's Final.

Fulham U19s: Rodak; Passley, Arthurworrey, Grimmer, Kavanagh; Vigen Christensen, Sambou, Tankovic (Hyndman 74); R Williams (G Williams), Woodrow, Banya (Evans 56)

Fulham's clash with will take place in the Cotton Bowl Stadium (6pm local time) and the game will be streamed live on Kick TV via YouTube here.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/30/dallas-cup-semi-final?

WhiteJC

Hulll City goalkeeper David Stockdale was once a Huddersfield Town junior

DAVID STOCKDALE once hoped to land a professional contract with Town – now he's trying to keep them out.

Hull's on-loan Fulham goalie, pictured, was born in Leeds and in the Town junior system in his early teens before moving to York in 2000.

He went on to make 24 appearances for the Minstermen, who loaned him to both Wakefield (originally Emley) and Worksop.

Stockdale really caught the eye after a move to Darlington, then of League II, in 2006, and earned a switch to Premier League Fulham in 2008.

The Cottagers agreed a fee of £350,000, rising to a potential £600,000.

The 27-year-old has made 26 appearances for them.

He has also had loan stints at Rotherham, Leicester, Plymouth and Ipswich and will play a 17th game for Hull today.

The Tigers have striker Matty Fryatt returning from a long-term Achilles problem, but are unlikely to include him today.

Read more: Examiner http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2013/03/30/86081-33086249/?#ixzz2P1H5VtI9

WhiteJC

Lee Dixon: Fulham to nick close game against QPR at Craven Cottage

Football Ambassador Lee Dixon can't see QPR getting anything out of the game at Craven Cottage against Martin Jol's Fulham...

Fulham had a great result at White Hart Lane last time out, something that would have given former Spurs boss Martin Jol immense pride and satisfaction. Fulham are now pretty much home and hosed for another season in the Premier League, and are now in a sort of limbo; not seriously challenging for a European place, but also not at all worried about relegation.

One team that certainly are worried about relegation however are Fulham's opponents on Monday night Queens Park Rangers. Harry Redknapp and his players are now at the stage where draws aren't really enough. The reverse against Aston Villa was a shocker, absolutely sickening for them. To lose a game to a relegation rival that you actually led against will takes some getting over. It's yet another example of what could have been, and the manager will be hoping the international break has given them time to get it out of their system.

The fact that Fulham now have nothing to play for is a plus for QPR. The last thing they want to be doing is playing a top team at the moment, and with respect to Fulham, Redknapp will have this down as a winnable game. That said, it's a derby and so Jol's charges should be fired up to win it for the supporters. It's not a game QPR will have all their own way, and I don't think Martin Jol is the sort of manager to allow his players to switch off at this stage of the season.

For all the glimmers of hope that QPR have shown from time to time since Redknapp took over, I actually think they've been bang average at best for the entire season. They don't score enough goals, they can't avoid conceding them (especially away from home) and that is a recipe for relegation, whichever way you slice it.

Although they beat Fulham at Loftus Road in December, I don't see that having much of a bearing on this Monday's game, and Fulham are simply a better side - they went the length of March unbeaten and haven't lost since a narrow defeat to Man United at the end of February so must be favourites to win this one.

I certainly don't see there being many goals in this game, neither team are particularly free-scoring, and QPR have only managed a paltry 26 goals all season. It's going to be won by the odd goal, and the way things are at the moment it's much more likely to be Fulham that score it. Under 2.5 Goals looks a good bet at 1.96, and Fulham to win 1-0 in the Correct Score market is an attractive price at 8.2. Back both.

http://betting.betfair.com/football/leedixon/lee-dixon-fulham-to-nick-close-game-against-qpr-at-craven-cottage-280313-11.html?