watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Chelsea Game - settled?

Started by NorfolkJim, March 30, 2013, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Before I commit to forking out £50 for a ticket and £30 for a train ticket - Is there any chance of this game being moved from April 17 anyone please?

Fernhurst

Book it ...   If you can get one... This game has been put off twice but the new date has been confirmed by the authorities.
Che**ea have a game on the 14th and one on the 21st so we have been squeezed in.

I'm taking a client so might see you there.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ScalleysDad

Ah that long distance dilemma. I doubt it will move as the cup game has to be settled tomorrow and the Europa stuff can't move. I have decided to go for it and curse the powers that be later. With the Gooners just a couple of days later,(I really thought that one would move to an ESPN slot), the plan is to find a cheapie B&B or even just a Travelodge and do some catching up, not necessarily people but places, a couple of parks and the Bowie thing. Might try and organise a trip up The Shard but on a rubbish day it will be a waste of money so I might be all spontaneous about that one. Went up the Canary Wharf/HSBC place when it first opened and that was fascinating. Was it seven or eight football grounds, excludes Upton Park on that basis, to be seen on a clear day. A not so cunning plan is the Thames Path from Windsor to Hampton Court. It goes something like pub, brewery, walk, pub, detour, brewery, walk .......................... good grief has it come to that already? Of course what I meant to say was a bit of clubbing and fare dodging and staying out until way past ten thirty.
It will mean missing out on Villa after four consecutive trips ............. so heres to 3 away points then.  

Berserker

Seeing that i've bought the Villa ticket already, and there are no refunds, i've put my seats on Viagogo for the Chelsea game. Not sure they will sell but i can't afford the time and travel from Swindon for 3 matches in a week. To be honest i'd rather go to the two home matches but can't rid of the Villa ticket.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Hey Mrs B did you contact Tommy at the Club? I suspect many people like us have been caught out by three fixtures in a week. Have to say I was almost certain the Chelski game would be in May.
The current Mrs Short won't be coming to the game tomorrow so we will see if we can smuggle you into the relative safety of The Enclave. We are going to be surrounded tomorrow but Kathryn is fired up already.
The sun is out the sky is blue ............. I might leave coming up until tomorrow. Get down that allotment.

Berserker

I'll contact Tommy next week, anybody have his e.mail? No allotment for me this weekend, Unforunately took Mr B to a conference on the love of my life a couple of weeks ago, now he's got fired up about the subject as well and wants to go to Stonehenge and the environs. Never mind, Ikea books cases, cd/dvd racks, and cabinet have been built, erected and filled now, with a trip to London included yesterday as well. What a busy Easter

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on March 31, 2013, 11:05:19 AM
I'll contact Tommy next week, anybody have his e.mail? No allotment for me this weekend, Unforunately took Mr B to a conference on the love of my life a couple of weeks ago, now he's got fired up about the subject as well and wants to go to Stonehenge and the environs. Never mind, Ikea books cases, cd/dvd racks, and cabinet have been built, erected and filled now, with a trip to London included yesterday as well. What a busy Easter

Its an early and poorly planned five a side pitch. I never understood what all the fuss was about especially when the sun shines right between the posts thus blinding the keeper. Probably why it never caught on!

A Humble Man

Do not forget Chelsea will be tired and have a lot of reserves out so find the money to go as well are going to beat them convincingly.  Give up, fags, booze and gambling for a few weeks or starve the wife and kids for a few days.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 31, 2013, 05:51:50 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 31, 2013, 11:05:19 AM

Its an early and poorly planned five a side pitch. I never understood what all the fuss was about especially when the sun shines right between the posts thus blinding the keeper. Probably why it never caught on!

Yeah drove all the way down there, did a 4 mile circular walk round the area,  got back to the Stones and Mr B had forgotten his National Trust card and wallet, this does happen alot. We/I decided it wasn't worth paying the £8 for him to get through the fence. Nice day out walking in the sun though

- Martin Luther King Jr.

NorfolkJim

Bought my ticket - train tickets next. Wednesday night I can just about make it from work to the train station for the 4.30 train if the boss is kind to me. Back home about 2am then up again at 6 for a busy Thursday. I almost never get to a midweek game now. During the Europa League run I just happened to be flexible at work on Thursdays and Fridays but alas no more.
The price of these tickets it pretty evil though, but I have a sneaking feeling we will get the win this time and I missed the last one (It wasn't me with the green and yellow pants)