watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manolev has been unlucky

Started by JackyFulham90, March 30, 2013, 10:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Seems a really good player, unfortunately for him Riether is top class & Dejagah is playing well on the right. Can he play anywhere else or is he just a right sided player?

M i c K Y x FFC

He was brought in as a temp replacement for Riether, and he must know that. If we get Riether next year, and I hope we do, we should look into one of our youth players, because Riether will rarely be dropped, and he never seems to get injured.

HatterDon

He can play anywhere on the right. Sadly, for him, Riether and Dejagah are out two biggest success stories this season. I hope he stays. He's bloody talented.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

db9

He's better than Dejagah, or at least as good as him. In the national team he plays as an AM R most of the time. I suppose he's gonna be used in the same position here.
Reither is one of the best right backs in the league and I can't see Manolev starting ahead of him unless Sascha is injured/suspended. I'd love to see the two get a run of games together on the right though.

Berserker

Have we got an option to keep him next season? He could be useful in our cup matches
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ffcbulgaria

Manolev being better than Dejagah is a bit biased from a fellow bulgarian point of view. It's obvious you havent seen enough of him on Premiership or similar level to make decent judgement.

ffc73

I thought Manolev was brought in to carry Berba's slippers and fill his pipe

From what I read Manolev was not playing at PSV and he is now not playing at FFC.  Unlucky?  Surely when players make a move from club A to club B they take a look at whether or not they are likely to play games.  Or maybe they just like moving to another country for a scenery change and picking up a different pay cheque.

Assuming Reither stays for next season, as Jol has indicated, Manolev may need to move on, aka Kelly, to be a regular starter for someone

A Humble Man

Quote from: db9 on March 31, 2013, 01:08:45 PM
He's better than Dejagah, or at least as good as him. In the national team he plays as an AM R most of the time. I suppose he's gonna be used in the same position here.
Reither is one of the best right backs in the league and I can't see Manolev starting ahead of him unless Sascha is injured/suspended. I'd love to see the two get a run of games together on the right though.

Have you not noticed that Dejagah is now brilliant.  He is creating goals and soon will be scoring them.  You cannot leave him out he is out best player now.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Count Berbatov

Manolev , Berbatov among others who've joined Fulham, even Dejagah, were not regular starters at their former clubs. It means nothing.
Manolev is bloody good. Though I have only seen 4-5 games where he was full of energy and pace, and well suited for the PL based on that

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

HatterDon

Quote from: FFC73 on March 31, 2013, 05:55:07 PM
I thought Manolev was brought in to carry Berba's slippers and fill his pipe

From what I read Manolev was not playing at PSV and he is now not playing at FFC.  Unlucky?  Surely when players make a move from club A to club B they take a look at whether or not they are likely to play games.  Or maybe they just like moving to another country for a scenery change and picking up a different pay cheque.

Assuming Reither stays for next season, as Jol has indicated, Manolev may need to move on, aka Kelly, to be a regular starter for someone

Manolev started and played 90 minutes on just a day's notice for us at RB when Riether missed his only match of the season. He played extremely well and this good-looking South Texan made him his man of the match. Unlucky? Yes. He's covering the only two consistently good AND improving players in the squad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

db9

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 31, 2013, 06:29:47 PM
Have you not noticed that Dejagah is now brilliant.  He is creating goals and soon will be scoring them.  You cannot leave him out he is out best player now.

Don't let one or two games cloud your judgement of a player (something common for most of the fans I guess). He's good at times, no doubt, but I would't say that "he's brilliant" and "our best player now". For 20 league appearances he has scored 0 goals and made only 3 assists (which isn't that good for an attacking midfielder).

IranianCottager

Quote from: Count Berbatov on March 31, 2013, 08:08:48 PM
Manolev , Berbatov among others who've joined Fulham, even Dejagah, were not regular starters at their former clubs. It means nothing.
Manolev is bloody good. Though I have only seen 4-5 games where he was full of energy and pace, and well suited for the PL based on that

Actually, Dejagah was a regular starter in Wolfsburg before he joined Fulham and was without a doubt one of their best players last year, alongside Mandzukic. He led the team in assists, too.

IranianCottager

Quote from: db9 on March 31, 2013, 08:20:57 PM
Have you not noticed that Dejagah is now brilliant.  He is creating goals and soon will be scoring them.  You cannot leave him out he is out best player now.

Don't let one or two games cloud your judgement of a player (something common for most of the fans I guess). He's good at times, no doubt, but I would't say that "he's brilliant" and "our best player now". For 20 league appearances he has scored 0 goals and made only 3 assists (which isn't that good for an attacking midfielder).
Maybe statistically speaking Dejagah does not have much to show off, but how many times has he created goals by assisting the assist, especially when he and Riether combine on the right? In my books, it is worth almost just as much as the actual assist.
He is also getting much better at holding the ball up top on the wing, even when against three or four defenders, and every game his defensive work is improving.
Dejagah also offers pace and has the skill to take on defenders and breeze by them.

JackyFulham90

For me Riether & Dejagah link up so well & should be featuring on the right side tomorrow but Manolev is surely good enough to be on the bench concidering he can cover both of them if injured or putting in a poor performance

A Humble Man

Quote from: db9 on March 31, 2013, 08:20:57 PM

He took a while to adjust to the pace and the toughness of the Premier League but now he looks a great buy and get better every game.  To drop him for the reserve right back would be stupid.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: IranianCottager on March 31, 2013, 08:45:17 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on March 31, 2013, 08:08:48 PM

Actually, Dejagah was a regular starter in Wolfsburg before he joined Fulham and was without a doubt one of their best players last year, alongside Mandzukic. He led the team in assists, too.
My mistake. I was referring to the season before last. Before Magath . Which is exactly the point, that sometimes players fall out of favor with the manager. Yet they are quality. And it's the way Fulham can attract them. Offer them a second chance . Karagounis is another example of that...come to think, Jol has done some shrewd piece of business in the past transfer windows, doing exactly that

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"