watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tesco Home Store Preston- Who Are You?!

Started by Northern Cottager, March 31, 2013, 08:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Suprisingly Fulham related...I was in Tesco Home Store yesterday at the Capitol Centre in Preston... As I strolled in came across someone wearing the Famous FFC gear and almost had a heart attack.

I have never, ever seen a Fulham fan up here, do we now qualify for a Northern Fulham Supporters club?

Seems a tiny deal if you're used to seeing Fulham fans a lot but up here I'm surrounded by Man Utd, Liverpool and now Man City "fans".

Unmask yourself Saturday Home Store shopper!

:008:

Admin

Surprisingly, I bumped into one today in Crystal Palace walking up Crystal Palace Hill, just outside the park. To my suprise, he was Fulhamed right up strutting around with a Kappa winter jacket without a care in the world. To the Mrs horror, we had a good old natter about Mondays game, traded a few war stories before he dissapeared off into a boozer. Nice chap, season ticket holder in the Johny Haynes stand.

I've started to notice more and more Fulham fans floating about as the years go on, so our fan base outside of London is definately growing. I'm from Maidstone, Kent and we've got a decent fan base there as well.

Strangest place I've spotted a Fulham fan was Dorchester Town Centre!

epsomraver

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 31, 2013, 08:03:48 PM
Suprisingly Fulham related...I was in Tesco Home Store yesterday at the Capitol Centre in Preston... As I strolled in came across someone wearing the Famous FFC gear and almost had a heart attack.

I have never, ever seen a Fulham fan up here, do we now qualify for a Northern Fulham Supporters club?

Seems a tiny deal if you're used to seeing Fulham fans a lot but up here I'm surrounded by Man Utd, Liverpool and now Man City "fans".

Did you not approach him and compare ferret and flat cap stories opp norf!

nickmuir

i am from middleton near bognor regis and there is loads in bognor and littlehampton now

Walsh

Which store?! I live near Preston as well, I was out in Preston on Friday night then went to the Wigan game on the Saturday.

Texas White

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 31, 2013, 08:03:48 PM

I had to do a double take when I spied a fulham shirt in mexico

Berserker

I've seen a Fulham fan at Edinburgh castle, could have been a tourist though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Walsh on March 31, 2013, 10:11:03 PM
Which store?! I live near Preston as well, I was out in Preston on Friday night then went to the Wigan game on the Saturday.

Out in Preston? Brave man. Gome downhill in last few years. Its the one on the capitol centre im walton le dale.

Scrumpy

We're taking over the world!

Seriously, I have never regretted starting a conversation with a Fulham fan. I know it seems cheesey, but they're always good people who love nothing better than to talk Fulham.

I have regretted not introducing myself, but whenever I do, it's always been a pleasure.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 01, 2013, 12:02:42 AM
We're taking over the world!

Seriously, I have never regretted starting a conversation with a Fulham fan. I know it seems cheesey, but they're always good people who love nothing better than to talk Fulham.

I have regretted not introducing myself, but whenever I do, it's always been a pleasure.

Same here, all Fulham fans are willing to chat. I'm not quite sure if it's because we're very few are far between in places, but all Fulham fans are suprised just to see each other. I was in the old town of Hastings a few months ago, again with the Mrs, heading up Fish & Chips in a resturant and a Fulham fan popped up from one of the other tables. Again, he was wearing a grey Fulham coat and we had a chat. Bumped into his a few weeks back as it goes in the Golden Lion.

Lighthouse

When they were building the Three Bridges railway signal box I was doing Security work there. I was walking across some waste ground from the station and I heard a voice. I big builder bloke was calling me over 'OI YOU' I was in uniform and expected some trouble. But when I got close he said 'You are the Fulham fan aint you? Lovely ground and lovely walk......' So we chatted. In those days you didn't need to wear a kit. People just heard about you and it was so unusual that anybody supported Fulham that the news travelled.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mabster

Just two months ago bumped into Clanky from this very board in Sharm el Sheik. The power of a 75 cup final shirt attracts like minded drinkers all over the world

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 01, 2013, 12:22:46 AM
When they were building the Three Bridges railway signal box I was doing Security work there. I was walking across some waste ground from the station and I heard a voice. I big builder bloke was calling me over 'OI YOU' I was in uniform and expected some trouble. But when I got close he said 'You are the Fulham fan aint you? Lovely ground and lovely walk......' So we chatted. In those days you didn't need to wear a kit. People just heard about you and it was so unusual that anybody supported Fulham that the news travelled.

I'm the modern day, Northern equivalent. We have zero representation up here until Saturday and a couple of people on here who have messages me from nearby...makes evenings in the pub watching us on Sky quite daunting.

Artful Dodger

I met a Fulham fan in Venice once but my favourite was finding some graffiti on a bench at the Capilano Bridge in Vancouver, which read "Fulham FC, Martin & Bozena, Slovakia 2008"!!

Anyway, I now live the other side of the Pennines to Preston and will be in the George & Dragon in Flockton, near Wakefield tonight should any other Yorkshire whites be in the vacinity and fancy meeting up!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

nose

I met an american gentleman on a small cruise ship in the pacific just off mexico wearing a fulham home shirt!

Travers Barney

Quote from: nickmuir on March 31, 2013, 09:19:47 PM
i am from middleton near bognor regis and there is loads in bognor and littlehampton now

My Parents moved down to Middleton On Sea a few years back Nickmuir...was in the Beresford a couple of weeks back.

coyw

We are the whites

aFFCn_Fan

I saw a fellow FFC fan arriving at Mauritius airport (about Sept 2010) wearing an FFC polo shirt. I was waiting to depart....I would have said hello, but the glass divider would have made the banging on the glass and pointing to his tit make me seem a little more mental than I already manage.
@hincharoo

Northern Cottager

Any ideas of where we will be basing ourselves for Pre Season? Would love to go on Holiday and suprise the missus with a few more Fulham games in the sun.

fulhamfever

I am a Fulham fan that lives in Preston to damn we are branching out lol I am from Fishergate Central Preston