watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

THE CHICKENS

Started by NogoodBoyo, March 31, 2013, 10:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

What an absolutely howl at the moon idea to tip a beak at these forecasting Fulham chickens.
I'm not a superstitious person, but I do fight it sometimes.The problem is that footballers (most sportsmen in fact) are very superstitious. 
As these chickens have an uncanny ability of predicting the results correctly, why on earth would the club's management give even a grain of a chance that our players could go into a game with negative thoughts chipping away at the backs of their minds.
I would say there's a better than even chance that we will be beaten by our unpopular neighbours tomorrow.  I hope not, but they have more to play for, they will be more motivated, even desperate and the chickens have spoken. The club's management should take the camera off the hapless birds and leave them to lay their eggs in peace.
Nogood "no need to give our players an excuse to chicken out, isit" Boyo

Bassey the warrior

The players understand the rivalry and understand how angry the fans were at the dismal performance at Loftus Road. Revenge and pride is plenty to play for. They will be up for it.

NogoodBoyo

Nogood "living in hope I am, isit" Boyo

A Humble Man

Are you hinting that the chickens would encourage a chicken performance?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

NogoodBoyo

Wouldn't count on them before they'd hatched.
Nogood "scratch now, isit" Boyo

A Humble Man

Strangle the bloody things and get the eggs from Sainsburys.  We do not need confidence sapping mascots.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Berserker

15 now living and smelling next to my fence, with 5 compost bins full of chicken poo.  Can you get get anti smell and anti green bottle trees?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham1959

I am in total agreement with the sentiment of your original post, NoGood.

The Rock

What is the chickens record thus far this year? I saw they predicted a win away at Spurs which was brilliant. I am guessing the Spurs players weren't spooked nor notified of the chickens prediction.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Boyo  Scratching the surface ...........innit   

A quick Google and the following  was suggested: 

To get rid of chickens   
the only thing i could think of is you're going to have to wind up killing them, i know its a grim prospect, but if you want them gone thats all you can do. so A) buy a 410 shotgun and aim/fire at them, not much skill need to take out roosters. B) hire someone that knows how to use a gun to do it for you. C) get a dog or a cat to try and keep them from the house. or D) [just thought of a non violent way] build a small pen, put some chicken feed inside the pen and let them get used to the pen. after a week of feeding them there, feed them one last time, and when they flock to the pen, close it. you will then have them in the pen and they are relatively easy to catch at that point. 

after you have them caught you can A) kill them and eath them (wild chicken [if there really is such a thing] is reaaal good. or B) try to sell them at a local sale barn. (if you dont live in the south this may be a problem) or C) you can take them for a nice long drive away from your house, and drop the cage in someones yard, and open it to let them run wild and terrorize someone else..   

hope I've been helpful

South Africa Road it is then   

.....................Oh and Mrs B  put newspaper of  cardboard  twigs leaves ( brown waste) between  each ''fresh''  dump and let the air in the smell will go.   

Berserker

Quote from: KCat on April 01, 2013, 12:48:43 PM

...................Oh and Mrs B  put newspaper of  cardboard  twigs leaves ( brown waste) between  each ''fresh''  dump and let the air in the smell will go.   

Thanks for the tip but next door's chicken's, 30 foot from my house, 300 yards from my neighbours!!! I get the smell and flies, he doesn't  :dft007:

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

NogoodBoyo

No, no, no, I didn't say get rid of them - just stop the stupid prediction thing.  They have been unerringly accurate, so a predicted loss will have an effect on one or two superstitious players.
Now, if you want to kill them, Mrs. B, you grab them by the legs and turn them upside down which renders them as immobile as a mullett in a rainstorm.  Then place head on ground (chicken's, not yours) and give a short, sharp yank upwards.  Don't do what I did last time, which was to give one more strong yank just to make sure.  I pulled it's head off.  It proceeded to flap like a female voter in the twenties  and I ended up with more blood on me than was decent.
Nogood "sack the chickens from predictions is all, isit" Boyo

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Berserker on April 01, 2013, 01:23:07 PM
Quote from: KCat on April 01, 2013, 12:48:43 PM

...................Oh and Mrs B  put newspaper of  cardboard  twigs leaves ( brown waste) between  each ''fresh''  dump and let the air in the smell will go.   
Thanks for the tip but next door's chicken's, 30 foot from my house, 300 yards from my neighbors!!! I get the smell and flies, he doesn't  :dft007:

Contact the council, great time to do so as they are falling over themselves to get their satisfaction levels raised ( Central Government  will give the Town Halls more money if the natives are not restless !! ) It is the very best time to be a MOANER. 
My local lot are giving a demo on how to clean and what to recycle, and are sweeping the main road and emptying the bins twice a week, they used to do it once a month. 
The guy downstairs is a 'peach' he got  CCTV and nothing gets past him 

Boyo ...Votes for Flappers .....votes for chickens...... innit !!