watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

just back from the game...............

Started by ScalleysDad, April 01, 2013, 08:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

I thought leaving at 2ish would be bags of time. Might even get some shopping in. Got to Taunton. Twenty mile queues all the way up to Weston super Mud. Clever idea to cut across The Levels to the A303. Three hours to do about sixty miles and along the way the nice lady on the travel news mentioned the A31 was out. Bloody holidaymakers. So at 6.30 ish, still a good 110 miles out I retreated home to watch the game on the tele. Probably be a yawn nil nil ............ just got in

COYW yyeeeehahah

Holders

Do you use the M5/M4 to London then? I loathe the 303 but it's quicker if you get the timing right - which I did NOT on Friday afternoon! Bloody Stonehenge...

Where do you live to, then, S.D.?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ScalleysDad

Exeter but I was out on the wildy windy moors this afternoon. Tried the M5 until it got clogged at Taunton and I suspect some of the poor souls stuck on the A303 have just got home. It was shocking. I hadn't got as far as Stonehenge and it was that thought that nailed it for me. I might still be in the jam now had I not turned round.  Both routes can be a lottery as I have sat and watched snails racing past from Heathrow all the way in and sometimes getting off the M3 and past Twickers takes ages. If I park at Barnes though getting away is a doddle either way.
Its the trundle line for me, St Davids to Clapham, already booked for the Reading game and I am working on a cunning plan for Chelsea and Arsenal ........ any camp sites in Barnes?

TheDaddy

A 45 minute bus ride plus tube I got to the chancellors by 4:00 5 pints I left for the osp 2 pints later I found myself in the ground .my restrictive view ticket never came Into operation as I walked up to the back of the hammy end and sung me
Heart out for 90 mins only stopping at half time for a top up , not bad for a 46 year old  ! Got home 15 mins ago nicked a lift of me cousin who's a cabby ...have to say I put some of those young lads to shame with my old school songs .
PS Sorry lads I'm still pissed
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

TheDaddy

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 01, 2013, 11:24:49 PM
Exeter but I was out on the wildy windy moors this afternoon. Tried the M5 until it got clogged at Taunton and I suspect some of the poor souls stuck on the A303 have just got home. It was shocking. I hadn't got as far as Stonehenge and it was that thought that nailed it for me. I might still be in the jam now had I not turned round.  Both routes can be a lottery as I have sat and watched snails racing past from Heathrow all the way in and sometimes getting off the M3 and past Twickers takes ages. If I park at Barnes though getting away is a doddle either way.
Its the trundle line for me, St Davids to Clapham, already booked for the Reading game and I am working on a cunning plan for Chelsea and Arsenal ........ any camp sites in Barnes?
your always welcome to crash at mine just leave you're tent in me kitchen !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Holders

See you at the Rugglestone or Warren House one day then? It wasn't your car with Fulham stickers I saw at Dartmeet the other year was it? Up to that I thought mine was the only one on the moor!

Berserker

I go to Dartmoor sometimes, last time last summer. Therefore may have seen my car as generally stay at Hexworthy and go through Dartsmeet
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Holders on April 03, 2013, 06:54:37 AM

See you at the Rugglestone or Warren House one day then? It wasn't your car with Fulham stickers I saw at Dartmeet the other year was it? Up to that I thought mine was the only one on the moor!

Probably it was Mrs B on her last trip looking for old stuff and big stones in a line. I have a 1972 Landrover which does attract quite a lot of attention ............. usually a mix of pity and disdain from many but also a slight amount of envy from chaps of a certain age.
We did a thread a while ago about odd/weird/isolated places Fulham connections have been seen and it is probably well worth resurrecting...................... at some point .................. by somebody

Berserker

And women of my age! Well i wanted to have a Landrover since i was 20 but early on didn't have the money, and since marrying Mr B have been banned from buying one, I have been threatening a van purchase though!

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Quote from: Berserker on April 03, 2013, 08:35:27 AM
I go to Dartmoor sometimes, last time last summer. Therefore may have seen my car as generally stay at Hexworthy and go through Dartsmeet

That would be the Forest Inn, then?

Berserker

Yes always stay in the Forest Inn. I've see a lot of changes of landlord over the years but they have all seemed friendly

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Quote from: Berserker on April 03, 2013, 11:35:52 PM
Yes always stay in the Forest Inn. I've see a lot of changes of landlord over the years but they have all seemed friendly

Decent pub. I believe that it's just changed hands again but havn't been there for a bit. They used to do an excellent steak and serve good cider.

What I like is they let dogs in with muddy paws and don't clock-watch.

I went to Yorkshire with my dog and he wasn't allowed in most pubs in what I'd thought was meant to be a pretty rural county. I told one landlord that in Devon the dogs bring the sheep in the pubs.  

You've been to Wistman's Wood, of course?

Berserker

Oh yes in winter in the snow and mist, very atmospheric especially considering it's legend

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

..and the Tavistock Inn with its Conan Doyle connections, Squire Capell's ("Baskerville's") grave in Bfl churchyard and Brook Manor where he used to live. People locally still speak with reverence of him - he must have been a real tyrant.