Main Menu

Emannuleson

Started by ChesterTheTabby, April 01, 2013, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 01, 2013, 10:56:36 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on April 01, 2013, 09:20:00 PM
Is playing like absolute sh1t.

Nothing like giving a player a fair chance, is there ?

:022:

No, you are right. Lets give him the rest of the season to prove himself before he's back off to Milan.

Deary me, we're talking about an on loan player who was brought in to make an instant impact - which he is not. Instead of playing Urby into form we would be better of by giving Frei/Rodallega/Manolev etc a go.

timmyg

Oh brother.

Dejagah was running our offense and his removal was probably the biggest momentum change QPR could've asked for. Urby was put in when Jol completely changed our game plan for the worse: we sat back and conceded space to QPR. We we clearly hoping to catch them on the counter...but didn't have any pace or any fullbacks making runs until the 88th minute.

A lot of his errant passes were a result of miscommunication with Berbatov and Ruiz. He would time and again receive the ball and have so much space to move around in. Sidwell and Kara were sitting too deep to play it back to, and Riise wasn't making any overlapping runs. Duff was too far wide to play to long to.

He had a 100% completion rate on backwards passes yet was 0/3 on long balls. He eventually settled in and played just fine, all things considered...

...which you could easily argue no one played well once Jol changed the tactics.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick