watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pubs in Newcastle.

Started by Southdowns White, April 02, 2013, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

Looking for a good pub pre and post match on Sunday to get some Geordie atmosphere and a spot of nosh.
should be a much better away day now the pressure has gone from the team, i think we just might win this one now. 

The Equalizer

The Town Wall for grub and The Forth Hotel for beer. Both cracking boozers and almost directly opposite Newcastle Central station.

The Forth Hotel does a great range of ales, and the last time I was in there I was stood next to the lovely Jill Halfpenny!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Southdowns White

The Equalizer

The last time I was up there, the game was on a sunday. Afterwards we went out for a Chinese around the Chinatown district, and ended up in a pub called 'Rosies' on Stowell St. Great laugh in there on a sunday evening with them playing loads of cracking 80s tunes. The crowd were all locals from their mid-thirties upwards and well up for a party. At closing time (it was open until 12am), everyone got kicked out other than the 4 of us and we had a lock-in until 2am! Cracking people.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Keefy

The Crown Pasada is special with many web sites that feature this famous pub.

hopper

depending on the amount of time you've got, there are some great pubs down by the quayside, which is also the nicest spot to enjoy the city. The free trade inn and tyne bar are both choice spots.

can second the forth which is just by the station, a very classy pub.

no shortage of friendly spots in Newcastle though!

SP

I always seem to end up at the old man's boozer the Bridge Hotel (I think it's called) which is a bit old fashioned but no bouncers or hassle.  At the other end of the spectrum is the large modern bar near the cinema which has the added attraction of the 'Match Day Educator'.  I'm not sure exactly what she teaches but judging from the photo in the window, it isn't Latin.