https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham without Berbatov

Started by Nth Degree, April 02, 2013, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 03, 2013, 07:15:46 AM
Looking ahead to next season there is no need for the 4th striker to be a top notch player like Petric.
Jol will play Berbatov & Ruiz if fit.
That leaves Dave for his pace as an alternative. Petric is not required to be honest so I would hope we start the season with Trotta or another younger player as the 4th striker.
on a seriuos note, do you not think someone will put a bid in for berba in the summer. he could do a job for most teams in the league and you know how we like to make a profit

Who would he go to?  I'd be surprised if he moved his family again (didn't he say he liked London or something when he signed?) so it'd only be for a club down south.  Chelsea will be aiming higher, Spurs just straight up refuse to sign strikers (and he's also too old for their "project" - reckon they'll be aiming higher), Arsenal will be aiming higher, then that leaves West Ham...

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 03, 2013, 01:33:48 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 03, 2013, 07:15:46 AM
Looking ahead to next season there is no need for the 4th striker to be a top notch player like Petric.
Jol will play Berbatov & Ruiz if fit.
That leaves Dave for his pace as an alternative. Petric is not required to be honest so I would hope we start the season with Trotta or another younger player as the 4th striker.
on a seriuos note, do you not think someone will put a bid in for berba in the summer. he could do a job for most teams in the league and you know how we like to make a profit

Who would he go to?  I'd be surprised if he moved his family again (didn't he say he liked London or something when he signed?) so it'd only be for a club down south.  Chelsea will be aiming higher, Spurs just straight up refuse to sign strikers (and he's also too old for their "project" - reckon they'll be aiming higher), Arsenal will be aiming higher, then that leaves West Ham...
was just a thought. just cos we think he wont move, will not stop others bidding and said bid being accepted. hell if i was manager of another team id put a bid in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 01:43:47 PM
was just a thought. just cos we think he wont move, will not stop others bidding and said bid being accepted. hell if i was manager of another team id put a bid in

Oh absolutely, but I reckon he's probably wisened up after his Man Utd move.  He had a good thing at Spurs, and while he wasn't a failure at Man Utd by any means he did waste an entire season at the end of his time there.  He's playing regularly, and importantly for one of his favourite managers (seemingly) so why move?  Especially this late in his career.

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 03, 2013, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 01:43:47 PM

Oh absolutely, but I reckon he's probably wisened up after his Man Utd move.  He had a good thing at Spurs, and while he wasn't a failure at Man Utd by any means he did waste an entire season at the end of his time there.  He's playing regularly, and importantly for one of his favourite managers (seemingly) so why move?  Especially this late in his career.
agree with what your saying and hope he does stay. but i think we would be foolish to think that some of the big boys in europe wont offer him some champs league.  lets hope london does play a huge part in berbas plans

Enter the Frei

I don't see why he would move and where he would move to if I'm honest. He's what 31 now settled in London and happy to be playing under Martin Jol again. We're a solid mid table club and I'm not sure what clubs going to come in for him this summer thats in a much better situation than us.

fulhamben

Quote from: Enter the Frei on April 03, 2013, 02:15:36 PM
I don't see why he would move and where he would move to if I'm honest. He's what 31 now settled in London and happy to be playing under Martin Jol again. We're a solid mid table club and I'm not sure what clubs going to come in for him this summer thats in a much better situation than us.
you are only thinking england though arent you. would he make juves team better? or be a good acquisition for psg? what about some of the german clubs? we have on our hands a player that by rights should never have signed for us. and yes lets hope jol and london remain on berbas wish list. 

God The Mechanic

Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 02:19:01 PM
you are only thinking england though arent you. would he make juves team better? or be a good acquisition for psg? what about some of the german clubs? we have on our hands a player that by rights should never have signed for us. and yes lets hope jol and london remain on berbas wish list. 

Juve have just signed Llorente on a free, doubt Berba would get too much game time there.  PSG have all the money in the universe, so will be fighting for the stupid expensive players rather than 31 year olds :P

Sniffer

I can't think of any other player with his exquisite timing and touch - we would be down there fighting for survival without his goals
"Numquam Cede"

MaxxiM

If he wanted to go to Juventus he could have done it last year. Champions League football is not so important to him (as the International Football too) so I am sure he is staying.

fulhamben

Quote from: MaxxiM on April 03, 2013, 03:52:19 PM

If he wanted to go to Juventus he could have done it last year. Champions League football is not so important to him (as the International Football too) so I am sure he is staying.
wasnt so important to him last year. doesnt mean he wont change his mind. and he already said when he joined that we wont be his last club

MaxxiM

Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 04:14:59 PM
Quote from: MaxxiM on April 03, 2013, 03:52:19 PM

wasnt so important to him last year. doesnt mean he wont change his mind. and he already said when he joined that we wont be his last club
I believe he said that he would finish his career in CSKA, but now he has 2-3 more years on top level. Also he has 88 goals in PL and I am sure he wants to join the 100 goals club, hence 1-2 more seasons in Fulham