watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham without Berbatov

Started by Nth Degree, April 02, 2013, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nth Degree

We would be by my reckoning be 15 points worse off...

24 points with 8 games points would not be a nice position to be in.

I'm not saying we wouldn't have found a striker to grab us a goal or too but certainly couldnt see us in the position we are in now.

A lot to be thankful for to that gargantuan Bulgarian horse of a man.
Twitter: @OSmithFFC

fulhamben

nonsense, petric has a pretty good goal record too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MasterHaynes

We also may not have the problems on how to set up the team around him that we had and Petric looked very good in the system we set up early in the season but playing them both just did not work. Come to think of it Petric has not even been on the bench the last few games, has he gone already?

JackyFulham90

I don't think we would be that low down but without him we would be bottom 6 I think, he is a match.winner so he has added an extra 10 points I think, Petric is a quality player if he had played games he would score goals maybe not as many as Berbatov but he would have kept us out the bottom 3

Artful Dodger

I think you have taken this analysis to the Nth Degree - pun intended! If we only had 10 men without Berbatov, you may be right and I am sure we wouldn't have as many points as we do now. However, I am sure we would have picked up a few in his absence. Look at how well we played against Utd at home - even though we lost 1-0, we had a couple of the line and hit the post, so I am sure we would have created chances still against other teams.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

JackyFulham90

Berbatov is an amazing player but for me Hangeland in top form is our key man

A Humble Man

After losing our two best players it was a great peace of business by Jol that has made a huge difference to our season.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Nth Degree

Sorry, the point wasn't intended to say anyone else wouldn't have grabbed the goals, just that Berbatov has done it.

It was a thought that came up after Rodney marsh saying we wouldnt be much better off than QPR if we didnt have Bubs.
Twitter: @OSmithFFC

epsomraver

I honestly believe that Berbatov cost us points early on because the poor team spirit that developed after him coming and the away fixture at QPR was a prime example, there has obviously been  a clearing of the air behind closed doors and the team spirit has changed dramatically since which reflects the better on pitch performance and results.

grandad

Spurs would be mid table without Bale. Barcelona would be only top half without Messi et sec
Where there's a will there's a wife

Count Berbatov

The OP has a point. There were tap ins, that anyone else with decent sense of positioning would have finished off, just like Berbs had done, but there were also individual moments of brilliance, like the goal from first time volley v Stoke for example, which few, and maybe none in Fulham shirt could have executed effectively. Certainly, Berba is solely responsible for a few points gained along the way

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on April 02, 2013, 07:51:03 PM
I honestly believe that Berbatov cost us points early on because the poor team spirit that developed after him coming and the away fixture at QPR was a prime example, there has obviously been  a clearing of the air behind closed doors and the team spirit has changed dramatically since which reflects the better on pitch performance and results.
totally agree, there were times when he played anywhere but upfront, which is not good enough when he was the lone striker. looks much better now he goes up more.

hongkongfulham

i've got a boner for him so i'm with the Count on this.

YankeeJim

Quote from: hongkongfulham on April 03, 2013, 12:30:45 AM

Does that mean the same for you that it does for an American?
Just wondering.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 03, 2013, 01:22:25 AM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on April 03, 2013, 12:30:45 AM

Does that mean the same for you that it does for an American?
Just wondering.

correct jimmy

Jack Fulham

Always nice to have a striker who reaches double figures for the season. Unfortunately never gonna happen for Rod and Petric as we only play one up top. You do have to point towards significant goals though, Petric has scored a few goals this season but not many were that significant. Berba certainly knows how to steal the show. Usually wins man of the match when he scores. His play is often very arrogant but he can back it up with skill and he's got a fantastic personality off the pitch too.

MJG

Looking ahead to next season there is no need for the 4th striker to be a top notch player like Petric.
Jol will play Berbatov & Ruiz if fit.
That leaves Dave for his pace as an alternative. Petric is not required to be honest so I would hope we start the season with Trotta or another younger player as the 4th striker.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on April 03, 2013, 07:15:46 AM
Looking ahead to next season there is no need for the 4th striker to be a top notch player like Petric.
That leaves Dave for his pace as an alternative. Petric is not required to be honest so I would hope we start the season with Trotta or another younger player as the 4th striker.
on a seriuos note, do you not think someone will put a bid in for berba in the summer. he could do a job for most teams in the league and you know how we like to make a profit

Lighthouse

Our system hasn't worked that well and without Berbatov we would play another way and may have done better.

Berbatov is brilliant on his day. But there are down sides to brilliance. As I know to my cost.  :Get Coat gif:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cottage cheese

Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 03, 2013, 07:15:46 AM
on a seriuos note, do you not think someone will put a bid in for berba in the summer. he could do a job for most teams in the league and you know how we like to make a profit

Honestly I doubt he would go.
Firstly he rates Jol (and only he could get away at shouting at him for not bringing someone on quicker for Dejagah..was laughing so much seeing him rip into the management from the pitch).

Secondly he quite clearly is enjoying his football and pretty much will start every game. He is back in London and earning enough to stay settled. He is quite shy off the pitch and very down to earth and I think he realises that a team like Fulham is just what he needs. He seems to enjoy playing the big fish in a small pond as it drags the rest of the team forward!