News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are most Fulham goals scored at the Putney End?

Started by Shredhead, April 02, 2013, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

This is my first season as a season ticket holder - in Block A of the Stevenage Road stand. In previous seasons I've bought tickets in the Putney and Hammersmith Ends and a few times in the Stevenage Road stand so I've seen goals from all angles and I reckon to have seen a fair few goals in front of me.

This season, however, most of the Fulham goals seem to have been scored at the Putney End (like last night) and indeed most of the action in the second half has been down that end, possibly indicating Fulham doing some concerted defending (like last night).

Are there any stats to back up my hunch?
If you wanted to see most Fulham goals scored, which is the optimal block to sit in?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Rhys Lightning 63

I know for a fact, that 100% of Berbatov's goals at Craven Cottage have been at The Putney End. Which annoys me no end
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

F(f)CUK

I remember standing in the Enclosure and moving to watch Fulham attack. I'd always end up with a crick in my neck as the ball was rarely in the attacking half.

cmg

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 02, 2013, 09:09:52 PM
I know for a fact, that 100% of Berbatov's goals at Craven Cottage have been at The Putney End. Which annoys me no end

Under the terms of his current contract Berbatov has only agreed to score goals in the first half at home matches. Thus they are likely to be seen only at the Putney End. His agent is working on an improved offer for next season to score in the second half too, so Hammersmith End regulars may look forward to some action next season. He will continue, as a gesture of good will, to score second-half goals away from home if he feels like it.

Shredhead

Berserker

Well this season seems to be the case. Last season most of the away goals were scored at the putney end, well that how it seems from my seat in P1
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Shredhead on April 02, 2013, 09:07:37 PM
This is my first season as a season ticket holder - in Block A of the Stevenage Road stand. In previous seasons I've bought tickets in the Putney and Hammersmith Ends and a few times in the Stevenage Road stand so I've seen goals from all angles and I reckon to have seen a fair few goals in front of me.

This season, however, most of the Fulham goals seem to have been scored at the Putney End (like last night) and indeed most of the action in the second half has been down that end, possibly indicating Fulham doing some concerted defending (like last night).

If you wanted to see most Fulham goals scored, which is the optimal block to sit in?

If you wanted to see most Fulham goals scored, which is the optimal block to sit in? any seat on the halfway line?

Shredhead

Quote from: epsomraver on April 03, 2013, 11:16:39 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on April 02, 2013, 09:07:37 PM

If you wanted to see most Fulham goals scored, which is the optimal block to sit in? any seat on the halfway line?
I just went through the programme and reckon we've scored 14 at the Putney End and 12 at the Hammy. I think it was the Wigan game when they won the toss and swapped ends.

Raver, you are technically correct and too clever by half!

I'm not sure I want to bring back the days of being able to wander from one end of the Enclosure to the other to be nearest the goal Fulham were attacking.