News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Teams for Newcastle - Who will plug the gaps?

Started by Jack Fulham, April 03, 2013, 02:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

With Sidwell and Dejagah likely to be out. Who would you like to see fill in?

I'm unsure who to pick out of Baird, Enoh and Frimpong. Baird is a crisp passer and good defensively but not very tenacious like Sidwell, he would give Karagounis a much bigger license to roam forward though. As for Frimpong and Enoh, to me they're unknown quantities at the moment but you'd think Jol will go for Frimpong as he has favoured him a sub in recent games.

Replacing Dejagah is a big problem as he has looked our best player in recent games, you do have quite a few choices though in Frei, Emanuelson, Richardson and Manolev depending on whether we want to use traditional or inverted wingers. As we're safe now and Emanuelson looked quite unfit and didn't really gel on monday, i'd prefer to see one of our own players get some time so I'd pick Frei as he will provide us with the much needed pace and directness that we lost when Dejagah went off on monday. This means Duff on the right and Frei on the left so Riether and Riise will have plenty of opportunity to overlap. As for Manolev, I haven't seen him play as I was on holiday for the Norwich game but I have heard he plays on the right for Bulgaria to some success and someone on FoF was calling for Dejagah to be dropped for him which does intrigue me a little. For some reason though, I think Jol will go for Richardson. Personally, I'd like to see Frei given a chance as he's been out of the mix for a while. I feel like his development has slowed down a little.

This is what the team I think Jol will pick though

If you want to use the formation template - http://lineupbuilder.com/

fulhamben

personally id like to see frei down the left or right and i love to see enoh play in the middle as we have an option to buy him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

IranianCottager

I'd go with:
--------------------Schwarzer--------------------
-Riether-----Senderos---Hangeland------Riise-
-------------Frimpong-----Karagounis-----------
---Manolev-----------Ruiz----------------Duff---
---------------------Berbatov---------------------

Bench:
Etheridge, Hughes, Richardson, Enoh, Frei, Rodallega, Petric

Gave Frei the nod over Urby on the bench and thought Manolev should be given a shot, so we can keep Duff on the left too. Riise starts at LB, and Frimpong fills in for Sidwell. Doesn't matter to me whether Enoh or Baird are on the bench though.

Jack Fulham

No point playing Urby now as you assume we don't have a permanent option. I think Richardson would be a good choice on the left as Debuchy is a very attacking full back.

JackyFulham90

Schwarzer

Riether Senderos Hangeland Riise

Frimpong Enoh

Duff Ruiz Frei

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Hughes , Karagounis ,Manolev , Emanuelson , Richardson , Rodallega

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 03, 2013, 02:58:44 PM
Schwarzer

Frimpong Enoh

Duff Ruiz Frei

Berbatov

Subs - Etheridge , Hughes , Karagounis ,Manolev , Emanuelson , Richardson , Rodallega
am i the only one who wants to see frei down the right as opposed to the left. nevr been a big fan of the inverted winger and duff would offer riise better protection down the left. where as a frei reither combo could be lethal

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2013, 03:04:23 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 03, 2013, 02:58:44 PM
Schwarzer

Frimpong Enoh

Duff Ruiz Frei

Berbatov

am i the only one who wants to see frei down the right as opposed to the left. nevr been a big fan of the inverted winger and duff would offer riise better protection down the left. where as a frei reither combo could be lethal

No, you are not sir. I have been calling for that as well. When we play Frei on the left wing we're putting him in his worst position. What I'm hoping for is that Jol learned a lesson with Dejagah, whose game was seriously diminished when put on the left wing. I'd like Duff on the left and Frei on the right, please. Frimpong and The Ancient Greek [perhaps he's through giving up goals now] at CM and no change elsewhere.

I can't remember the last time this team won three on the trot, but we have a very good chance at Newcastle.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PaulJ123

What I want to see:

Schwarzer
Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson
Enoh Karagounis 
Frei Ruiz Duff
Berbatov

What I think Jol will play:
Schwarzer
Frimpong Karagounis
Duff Ruiz Richardson
Berbatov

I wouldn't really mind the second team to be honest, but my one is a lot more attacking which I think is how we should play away from home. This is partly down to being in reasonable form now so confidence should be high.
I just hope he sticks with the current formation and just fills the gaps instead of altering the formation and playing Rodallega up front with Berbatov off him cos that is what is the most annoying thing about Jol sometimes.

Joe McDonald

I'd like to see the following line up, assuming Dejagah is out injured this weekend:

GK - Schwarzer

RB - Riether
CB - Senderos
CB - Hangeland
LB - Riise

RM - Bryan
CM - Frimpong
CM - Karagounis
LM - Duff

ST - Berbatov
ST - Rodallega

Frimpong in for Sidwell, seems an obvious choice (and given we're looking to maybe bring him to the club permanently it gives us a chance to have a better look).  Duff can switch to the right wing, Rodallega can drop to left wing and Bryan can support Berbatov for variation as the game progresses/dictates the style of play.

A Humble Man

Jol has a chance of signing Frimpong if he proves useful so he is likely to play for Sidwell.   I think he will give Frei another chance in place of the brilliant Iranian.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

fulhamben

Quote from: A Humble Man on April 03, 2013, 04:53:44 PM
Jol has a chance of signing Frimpong if he proves useful so he is likely to play for Sidwell.   I think he will give Frei another chance in place of the brilliant Iranian.
we also have the chance to sign enoh. but with jol opting to give frimpong the nod on monday it would suggest he is higher up the pecking order. (and younger if we were to only buy one). hope you right about frei. love his directness. something we lacked when ashkan was subbed

JackyFulham90

I think Frimpong wants to go back to Arsenal, could Frimpong & Enoh work? Breaking up play spreading to the wings? I like the idea of Frei on right midfield but he has such pace he is so dangerous cutting inside, he just needs to vary it up & take a defender to the byline every now & them to keep him thinking

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 03, 2013, 05:36:33 PM
I think Frimpong wants to go back to Arsenal, could Frimpong & Enoh work? Breaking up play spreading to the wings? I like the idea of Frei on right midfield but he has such pace he is so dangerous cutting inside, he just needs to vary it up & take a defender to the byline every now & them to keep him thinking
maybe he does, thought they would have sorted out contract by now if arsenal still wanted him. and from wengers quote when he joined us, something like "im convinced frimpong can make it as a prem player for someone" that suggests to me that they dont want him

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I would go with Frimpong and Kerim Frei.

Schwarzer
Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson
Duff Karagounis Frimpong Frei
Bryan
Berbatov

I do believe Dejagah's ankle is just a knock and it's not serious. He may play.