https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The day many of us have dreamed of.

Started by SP, April 06, 2013, 10:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

This contains industrial language but is great:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/211729/word-sum-pulis

Surely there is no one who will defend this clown, his tactics or their club?

HatterDon

Well, I rarely watch Stoke, but did this morning because I'm hoping Villa survives.

First, I wondered why everyone doesn't start three pacy forwards against their lumbering defensive behemoths. They couldn't handle the Brit, the Belgian, or the Austrian.

Then, I wondered why they'd leave their only creative midfielder on the bench until the 70th minute or so.

Then, I wondered why I was wondering anything about Stoke City Wrestling Club.

Pulis is gone, but if the board has any sense, they'll fire him at the end of the season. If they want a side that plays real football, they have to get rid of all their linebackers and power forwards and then replace them with -- you know -- footballers.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Scrumpy

If they go down, along with QPR, I will be a happy man. Football is an entertainment business at the end of the day and I honestly feel sorry for some of the nicer Stoke fans that they are served up this 'football' every week.

They won't be missed by many if they do go down.  :clap_hands:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Enclosurite

Rangers, Stoke and Sunderland would be a great relegation trio.
¡COYW!

Mr K.Dilkington

The title of this thread is misleading. I thought it meant that Senderos's contract had been cancelled by mutual consent or something of that ilk.  :012:
Foolish ham

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cebu

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 07, 2013, 01:00:27 AM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 06, 2013, 11:02:07 PM
Rangers, Stoke and Sunderland would be a great relegation trio.

:plus one:

'Arry, Pulis and Di Canio down. Wot's not to like?

Going back to the initial post, I thought the "Stoke City for Dummies" would be a nice parting gift for Pulis.

NogoodBoyo

That was a fine thread by the Stokies.  Succinct, to the point and minimalist.
Nogood "eloquence in brevity, isit" Boyo

gang

NogoodBoyo

I saw Stoke Lite yesterday.  Norwich.  What a horrible club that is! 
Snodgrass and Holt were despicably vile.  Holt's first contribution in coming on as sub was to rake his studs down the shin and stamping on the foot of one of the Swanish contingency.  He them proceeded to swear at the wounded player, tried to lift him up accusing him of cheating.  The replay showed the extent of his heinous act.  He didn't even get booked, despite the fact the Blind Freddy could  lip-read him swearing at the ref and threatening the player well after the foul.
Earlier Snodgrass committed a nasty foul on the Swansea right back (scissor tackle from behind), tried to pull the same stunt by accusing the player of faking it.  He was booked, then he started on the ref.  Incroyable.
In both cases, the Canary-clad crowd booed the two injured Swansea players for the rest of the game as if they were cheating, diving, fakers.   For some reason, I was really disgusted by it even though it was quite a good game.  Just not the game I like to watch.

Nogood "Stoking the fires, isit" Boyo

Burt

Doesn't seem that there is much love for him there at the moment.

I remember reading a thread (same forum, I think) about why people still shell out money to see such a lack of entertainment that his side serves up.

bigalffc

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 06, 2013, 10:59:06 PM
If they go down, along with QPR, I will be a happy man. Football is an entertainment business at the end of the day and I honestly feel sorry for some of the nicer Stoke fans that they are served up this 'football' every week.

They won't be missed by many if they do go down.  :clap_hands:
There are no nicer Stoke fans - they are all knuckle dragging morons 096.gig
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I was predicting his fall from grace last season because of the second season syndrome, but after the money he spent in the summer I thought they could push up the table and look for a top ten finish... As it stands right now they are in serious trouble and I for one would love to see them back to the championship along Qparse...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

cebu

Quote from: LordNelson on April 07, 2013, 11:39:13 PM
So why the hate for Sunderland?

It might be something to do with them getting in Di Canio.

leonffc

Quote from: cebu on April 08, 2013, 01:41:58 AM
Quote from: LordNelson on April 07, 2013, 11:39:13 PM
So why the hate for Sunderland?

It might be something to do with them getting in Di Canio.

Not for me. I've not liked them for years. Like their NE cousins they think they are bigger than they are. The amount of cash that Keane and Bruce have squandered at that club is a joke

HatterDon

They haven't contributed anything to the Prem in terms of style or spirit in a number of years. Southampton, Wigan, and Villa are all heart and guts and deserve to stay up for that reason. Sunderland needs to go ask the wizard for a heart.

I think you'll find that many of us wanted Sunderland to go before DiCanio came on board.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

After watching them on Saturday, I want Norwich to go.  A disgusting club.
Nogood "lose them win the Wash like King John's baggage, isit" Boyo

LordNelson

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 08, 2013, 01:16:53 PM
After watching them on Saturday, I want Norwich to go.  A disgusting club.
Nogood "lose them win the Wash like King John's baggage, isit" Boyo

:plus one:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Holders

I even heard a Stoke fan on the radio slagging off Pulis and his style of play. He reckoned they're in free-fall and set to go down.

So long as it's with QPR that's fine with me. Looks like Reading are gone, though. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria