watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol got it wrong today

Started by JackyFulham90, April 07, 2013, 09:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Am a huge fan of Jol he is class but today he got it wrong, I thought it was a great decision to start Enoh in the middle, but in the absence of Dejagah we needed someone who could also beat a player with his pace, it just surprised me that with Emanuelson, Richardson & Frei all available he went with Manolev. I always give players a chance Manolev was great against Norwich at right back he certainly doesn't seem like a winger to me

kempkong

I think more than that we played a team that were tired and focused on Europa that were there for the taking however as seemed to get to 60 minutes and just play for a draw. Our subs were not what I expected. I can only assume ehoh injury threw a spanner in the works

I hope we don't go to villa and play for a draw. We're safe now let's attack and try and get up the table.

IranianCottager

I agree completely, I love Jol and think he is a great coach, but today, he just got it wrong. Simple as that.

LondonFulhamWhite

I reallly starting to like viva el fulham. They just put this up and they reckon it was the wingers and bad luck with the enoh injury. Seems mostly right to me.

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/talking-tactics-newcastle-1-fulham-0-7-160.html

SKSW6

Quote from: LondonFulhamWhite on April 07, 2013, 10:39:49 PM
I reallly starting to like viva el fulham. They just put this up and they reckon it was the wingers and bad luck with the enoh injury. Seems mostly right to me.

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/talking-tactics-newcastle-1-fulham-0-7-160.html

Brilliant website, I agree.

I can see why Jol started Manolev to a degree as well as I think I remember reading somewhere that RM is the position he scored from for Bulgaria the other day and he's been decent there internationally recently.

Lighthouse

Jol got it wrong? But we play the same way away from home all the time. If we had snatched a draw we would all be saying the same thing. If we had won with our two chances than Jol would have been called brilliant.

But we are dull, slow, defend too deep. Yes we missed pace but when we did have pace in Rodders, we had a few good moments within minutes of him coming on then retreated into our own half allowing their defenders and midfielders space to run and pack into the danger areas.

But don't say Jol got it wrong. That's how his side plays.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 07, 2013, 11:27:24 PM
Jol got it wrong? But we play the same way away from home all the time. If we had snatched a draw we would all be saying the same thing. If we had won with our two chances than Jol would have been called brilliant.

But we are dull, slow, defend too deep. Yes we missed pace but when we did have pace in Rodders, we had a few good moments within minutes of him coming on then retreated into our own half allowing their defenders and midfielders space to run and pack into the danger areas.

But don't say Jol got it wrong. That's how his side plays.

Not true. We went for it against Southampton, Reading, Arsenal and Wigan. That's all that comes to mind just now. Against Spurs we defended  the same sort of way but we broke quickly at times.
I'm tired of Duff on the left, Duff and Riise is slow slow slow. One must be dropped . I imagine if Emanuelson hadn't been so poor last week he'd have started today instead of Manolev. Frei deserves a chance.

JBH

I am suprised how short some people's memories are!

Jol played the same way v Spurs got 3 points and was a tactial genius but after losing in the 93 minute to NUFC it would appear that he doesn't know what he is doing.

The loss of Sidders and Ashkan was a major blow to a settled side but hey that's football. 

COYW 049:gif

A Humble Man

Sometimes playing two attacking full backs as interchanging  back and winger can work but yesterday it did not work as Riether and Manolev seemed confused with the idea.  I am surprised he did not make a change quickly as we obviously good see it was not working show why did he not change it.  We played reasonably in the first half but in the second half we just go deeper and deeper as they pressurised us and a goal looked inevitable.

This bending to pressure happens to often.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: JBH on April 08, 2013, 06:45:24 AM
I am suprised how short some people's memories are!

Jol played the same way v Spurs got 3 points and was a tactial genius but after losing in the 93 minute to NUFC it would appear that he doesn't know what he is doing.

The loss of Sidders and Ashkan was a major blow to a settled side but hey that's football. 

COYW 049:gif

Well said...

Toshes Fag Packet

Sidwell is a big big miss.
Underrated player for us..

Roberty

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on April 08, 2013, 08:13:51 AM
Sidwell is a big big miss.
Underrated player for us..

I don't remember that any of our managers, in the Premier League era, have approached away matches any differently. In fact there are very few teams in the Premier League who do not rely on the counter attack away from home.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Frankie-Peter Taylor

You can't counter attack without pace.

fp.gif

JBH

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on April 08, 2013, 09:03:17 AM
You can't counter attack without pace.

fp.gif

And its not our divine right to win every game 065.gif

Berserker

I know it's pathetic but i hate it when we lose. Especially as we are often so near to getting at least one point
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

Presumably Jol will be using our last few games to have a look at certain players if only to see what they can do.

If that's the case it's not right or wrong to pick any player and Manolev I would guess got the nod for his defensive abilities. I can see him as Baird's replacement in the squad. Enoh appears ahead of Frimpong in Jol's mind which is neither right nor wrong but is interesting.

Dejagah puts in a good defensive shift which Frei and Kakaniklic don't (yet?) do. That's essential if they're to be more than possible impact subs.

Emanuelson did himself no favours against QPR and Richardson appears to be fairly low in the pecking order. He needs to impress in pre season.

We were within a couple of minutes of a result we'd have been happy with. I know that's not good enoufgh but I thought we played with energy and organisation. We need an injection of pace but Dejagah's been improving game by game and there's potential amongst the kids.

filham

Really thought we had the point yesterday that would have taken us to the important 40 mark.

The late  substitution and tactical change didn't work. We should have learnt by now that the gamble of playing Rodders up front with Berbatov behind him is a gamble that doesn't pay off, it has been tried often enough without success. Berbatov has to stay as the main striker for all 95 minutes, he is the most likely to score.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on April 08, 2013, 09:50:39 AM
Really thought we had the point yesterday that would have taken us to the important 40 mark.

The late  substitution and tactical change didn't work. We should have learnt by now that the gamble of playing Rodders up front with Berbatov behind him is a gamble that doesn't pay off, it has been tried often enough without success. Berbatov has to stay as the main striker for all 95 minutes, he is the most likely to score.

The idea makes sense. At that point in the game they were open to the quick counter. But Rodallega just isn't quite good enough.

HatterDon

I think that Jol has made up his mind about our quick young wide players. I think he has no use for Frei, Kacaniklic, or Briggs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

Quote from: HatterDon on April 08, 2013, 12:52:40 PM
I think that Jol has made up his mind about our quick young wide players. I think he has no use for Frei, Kacaniklic, or Briggs.

Agree about Briggs but I believe that Frie and Kaca are still part of MJ's plans