watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Next 7 Games...

Started by Northern Cottager, April 08, 2013, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Disappointed about yesterday, but I suppose that's Football and it certainly is the Premiership if you lose concentration late in the game, something we have been guilty of so many times this season it hurts. I'm not 100% convinced we are safe, there are a lot of teams too close to us for comfort and after looking at our Run In again, I'm not quite sure how many points we are likely to pick up before the end of the season? Will we get dragged back into it?! Will we pull off an upset? Or am I panicking for nothing?!

Based on the fixtures, where do we see points coming from?

Villa
Chelsea
Arsenal
Everton
Reading
Liverpool
Swansea

In there are a few teams we should beat, but they are too fighting for their lives, we then have home games against some top teams and some away games against teams we never beat and generally...we are away.

Hmmm.

Mr-ska

Villa      1pt
Chelsea   1pt
Arsenal  0pts
Everton  0pts
Reading 3pts
Liverpool  3pts
Swansea  1 pt

SAFE

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Mr-ska on April 08, 2013, 02:05:31 PM
Villa      1pt
Chelsea   1pt
Arsenal  0pts
Everton  0pts
Reading 3pts
Liverpool  3pts
Swansea  1 pt

SAFE

I admire your optimism, I can't help but get a bad feeling about the Reading and Villa games...

JackyFulham90

Villa - 1
Chelsea - 1
Arsenal - 0
Everton - 1
Reading - 3
Liverpool - 1
Swansea - 3

elgreenio

think we'll beat one of Chelsea or Arsenal and get one other win. Don't believe that all of the teams below us will storm ahead but we'll probably be finishing 14/15th
touch my camera through the fence

Lighthouse

I can see us maybe losing a few we should win and winning a few we thought we would lose. But 6 points minimum. As there are so many teams below us we are ok but it has been a very odd season for us. I really don't know which Fulham will turn up from minute to minute.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

We have blown hot and cold so much. I'm becoming sceptical about the Pre Season and Next Season, not been a very comfortable season at all, then again, the whole of the League has become so tight from 9th downwards.

BestOfBrede

Have you seen Reading, Sunderland and Wigan (recently) - they are not up to much and we have nothing to worry about - no way will those 3 win enough and we will pick up at least another 5.

Adam87

we only need 3 more points....despite yesterday....in the form we are in, no way will we lose the last 7 games....I think reading is the banker for 3 points and I think there is a chance we will get something from either arsenal or Chelsea at home. Liverpool I can also see us getting a point.
Villa could go either way....but we will be too light weight up there I think to get anything.

The villa game will be very similar to the Newcastle one, we should really just attack villa all game, but we will just play nice football with no cutting edge and villa will just hound us out of the game in the second half....happens to often sadly away from home...but as others have said I think we are safe. Too many teams below us who are struggling.....sunderland and stoke come to mind.

Fulham76

Who ever finishes 17th this year will need more than the usual 35 - 36 points & I think we've got a tough run in & will struggle... but think we'll be safe.

Villa - 0
Chelsea - 1
Arsenal - 1
Everton - 0
Reading - 3
Liverpool - 1
Swansea - 0

6 more points, total of 45 = safety

Deanothefulhamfan

Fulham could go the rest of the season without picking up a point and we will be safe.

I hope when we get to 40 that Jol throws a few youngsters into the mix

filham

Five of the seven teams left to play are above us in the table, the other two ,Reading and Villa are really in the relegation zone and will be battling for premiership survival, it is a very tough run in and to be sure of safety we may yet be in need of another win.

So how will it go:-

Villa -                     We will have to play better than we did at Newcastle, lets hope Dejagah is back.

Chelsea & Arsenal - Both fighting for a championship league place and both likely to take three points.

Everton-                  Just can't see us winning there

Reading-                 A possible last chance for Reading, but our best remaining chance of a win

Liverpool-              They will be looking to qualify for Europe, a draw is the best we can expect.

Swansea -               The last game of the season, we have had some bad results there.

Well at this moment it looks as if of the seven remaining games the Arsenal and Chelsea games are the star attractions but the important games for us are Villa and Reading where we should pick up the points that will see us safe.    

Northern Cottager

Quote from: filham on April 08, 2013, 04:09:46 PM
Five of the seven teams left to play are above us in the table, the other two ,Reading and Villa are really in the relegation zone and will be battling for premiership survival, it is a very tough run in and to be sure of safety we may yet be in need of another win.

So how will it go:-

Villa -                     We will have to play better than we did at Newcastle, lets hope Dejagah is back.

Chelsea & Arsenal - Both fighting for a championship league place and both likely to take three points.

Everton-                  Just can't see us winning there

Reading-                 A possible last chance for Reading, but our best remaining chance of a win

Liverpool-              They will be looking to qualify for Europe, a draw is the best we can expect.

Swansea -               The last game of the season, we have had some bad results there.

Well at this moment it looks as if of the seven remaining games the Arsenal and Chelsea games are the star attractions but the important games for us are Villa and Reading where we should pick up the points that will see us safe.   

Villa looked dangerous on Saturday, their defense didn't look faultless though.

Burt

Villa - 0 points. I equate Villa Park to Turf Moor. Never get anything there.
Chelsea - 0 points. Sorry... They are just too strong for us and looking to secure CL footy for next season.
Arsenal - 0 points. Same comment as per the Chelsea one.
Everton - 0 points. Same comment as per the Villa one.
Reading - 3 points. Hopefully by then they will be down and out and not fighting for their lives.
Liverpool - 1 point. Can see a battling draw here, and we have had the odd result over them in recent seasons.
Swansea - 1 point. A passing draw fest.

1 point will be enough, 5 will definately do the trick.

LukeJennings

I think reading may be relegated by the time we play them
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Sniffer

I think the 6 points we managed against spurs and qpr could well prove very valuable - slim pickings from here on in.
"Numquam Cede"

Fulham1959

I believe I'm right in saying we have never won a match at Everton, certainly not in the league.

If we win at Villa, I shall be ecstatic and all will be forgiven, at least for a few days.

HatterDon

Three points from each of them, and a total of SIXTY for the season!!!!

Unless, of course, we play Senderos, Manolev, Frei, Emanuelson, Riise, Duff, Dempsey, or Etuhu in any of them. If we do that, we'll get nothing but red cards and headless chicanery.  :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel