more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Simon Davies

Started by Markffc123, April 08, 2013, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markffc123

where is Digger Davies?
we could have used him yesterday- i know people have mentioned jol got it wrong and should have played frei or emmanuelson but its interesting to see if SD would have started if he was in the frame to play...i know he was training again but where is he?...could he still do a job for us?

Jamie88

Unfortunately it looks as if we've seen the last of poor old Simon..
I love his passion when he plays and he never fails to give 100%, would be a shame for him not to feature even a little in these last few games but I think it's fairly clear to see that Jol doesn't feel the need to include him in his plans.
I believe he is fit from what I've heard and I'm sure at the very least that he wouldn't have performed worse than Manolev yesterday (not that Manolev was particularly 'bad')

Enter the Frei

would love to see him given one last run out before the end of the season, but thats only for sentimental reasons to be honest.

HatterDon

I agree about the late season runout. I'm a huge fan of Super Taffy, and this is something that I share with every American Fulham supporter I've ever met or chatted with. We all admire his combination of ability, class, and drive.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Never liked him  :022:

BarryP

Quote from: HatterDon on April 08, 2013, 07:07:34 PM
I agree about the late season runout. I'm a huge fan of Super Taffy, and this is something that I share with every American Fulham supporter I've ever met or chatted with. We all admire his combination of ability, class, and drive.

:plus one:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

Quote from: KCat on April 08, 2013, 07:08:36 PM
Never liked him  :022:

Okay, lady. Turn over your USA passport!

alfie

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 08, 2013, 06:49:38 PM
I love his passion when he plays and he never fails to give 100%, would be a shame for him not to feature even a little in these last few games but I think it's fairly clear to see that Jol doesn't feel the need to include him in his plans.
I believe he is fit from what I've heard and I'm sure at the very least that he wouldn't have performed worse than Manolev yesterday (not that Manolev was particularly 'bad')

I am sure that Jol said that he was looking forward to Davies getting back in the squad, or did i just imagine that?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Well he's old enough to get a game so who knows he might even get a new contract.

BarryP

Quote from: alfie on April 08, 2013, 07:10:49 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on April 08, 2013, 06:49:38 PM

I am sure that Jol said that he was looking forward to Davies getting back in the squad, or did i just imagine that?

I recall something similar but I am not sure Jol meant it as anything but a kind gesture.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Patrick

Didn't he just sign an extension in Jan/Feb????

Bassey the warrior

Unfortunately I think he's dug a hole too deep (long injury) and we aren't willing to lend him a ladder. Bye bye Simon, thanks for everything. Many many memories. A loyal and underrated player.

bog

Will never forget Simon.

092.gif

Artful Dodger

Those goals will live long in the memory but sadly I fear his time has passed. Probably our most consistent player in the Great Escape Season but injury and age have probably caught up with him. Will always be remembered as one of the Europa league team though!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

cebu

Quote from: Patrick on April 08, 2013, 07:26:04 PM
Didn't he just sign an extension in Jan/Feb????

I don't believe that he was offered an extension and I suspect this will be his last season for the Whites.

Forever Fulham

Like and respect him.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I think the team is safe from relegation.  We aren't going to get that much more in TV revenue share being in 8th or 15th, so Mr. Jol, let's rearrange the deck chairs for the final 3 or 4 games.  Play the youth, the forgotten, and the formerly injured.  Let's see what's what. 

Tonywa

Sad though the prospect is, I very much doubt that we shall see Digger in the first team again.  ZSorry to see his Fulham career just fade away like this.  Undoubtedly one of our very best buys of recent years - truly excellent player.

res

Probably his last year with us-I suspect Baird and Hughes will move on as well.
Should they be given sentimental run outs in the next few games? Probably not, there's big placement money involved between finishing (say) 10th and (say) 17th (£4m plus with these positions)-and a losing cameo appearance is not a good memory.

ffccaz

Such a shame love Simon Davies and the goals leading up to and the Europa League Final  :dft004:

and as post above what's happened to Bairdinho?

HatterDon

Quote from: res on April 09, 2013, 11:21:51 AM
Probably his last year with us-I suspect Baird and Hughes will move on as well.
Should they be given sentimental run outs in the next few games? Probably not, there's big placement money involved between finishing (say) 10th and (say) 17th (£4m plus with these positions)-and a losing cameo appearance is not a good memory.

Baird and Hughes have been regularly on the team sheet at times this season. We haven't had a chance to give Davies the respect and recognition he deserves. He should start our last home match.