watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New boys

Started by JackyFulham90, April 13, 2013, 10:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

What did everyone think of the impact today of Emanuelson , Enoh & Manolev?

YankeeJim

Emmanuelson- talented but erratic. Hope we keep him.
Enoh- struggled a bit, a bit rash but has potential. He'll come good. Hope we keep him
Manolez- As some one else said, he looked like a rt back playing as a rt mid. He put out a lot of effort, but lacks that quick step to beat a defender. Baker had him in his hip pocket all day. Since we got him as insurance for Reither I hope we keep him. He could be our "Baird"-of-all-trades next season.

We have to keep these guys and of course Reither since we have such a large contingent of grey beards. I don't expect Karagunis and Duff back & even if they are neither have the legs or durability to be first choice..
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cmg

Enoh - probably the best of the three, which is handy, as he is the one we are most likely to keep. Bright, lively and tenacious. Good in the tackle, if a bit impetuous. Yellow carded for a challenge Bobby Keetch would have considered a friendly caress and escaped retribution for a later, slightly more robust effort. The downside is that he doesn't really represent a solution to the midfield problems that have been inhibiting us all season - he lacks both pace and creativity.

Manolev - totally agree that, despite what he has done for Bulgaria, he looks like a right back rather than a midfielder.

Emmauelson- looked quite classy today. He is a creative type, but still seems puzzled by the way the game is played here.

Roberty

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 13, 2013, 11:20:07 PM
Emmanuelson- talented but erratic. Hope we keep him.
Enoh- struggled a bit, a bit rash but has potential. He'll come good. Hope we keep him
Manolez- As some one else said, he looked like a rt back playing as a rt mid. He put out a lot of effort, but lacks that quick step to beat a defender. Baker had him in his hip pocket all day. Since we got him as insurance for Reither I hope we keep him. He could be our "Baird"-of-all-trades next season.

We have to keep these guys and of course Reither since we have such a large contingent of grey beards. I don't expect Karagunis and Duff back & even if they are neither have the legs or durability to be first choice..

I guess you missed this - Duff is here until 2104
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/22/duffers-new-deal
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

CurryForMario

I think Emanuelson played well, just got a bit unlucky in some senses. He kept making good runs in behind, it's just whoever was on the ball just held it and played it to Berbatov who had dropped back. I think we should take more risks and play more balls in behind, such as when Ruiz played in Berbatov it was a great chance, but it seems all the players are scared too or they'll face the wrath of an angry Dimitar!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Berserker

Won't Duff be dead by 2104, well unless he has Harry Potter's ball thingy
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JackyFulham90

I've been really impressed with Enoh
Emanuelson looks a classy player given games shame he is going back to Milan
Manolev works hard but is clearly a right back for me

ffc73

The wide positions are the issue for us offensively.  Yesterday and last week we were poor going forward lacking both pace and ideas.

Manolev is a right back and Reither is not as effective going forward with the Bulgarian in front of him.

I could not understand why Ruiz was started at right midfield with Emanuelson in the hole behind Berbatov.  Emanuelson only went to left mid-field when Duff went off injured.  Both Ruiz and Emanuelson both classy but still dwell to long on the ball and neither have totally adapted to the speed and physical nature of the Premier League. 

Enoh looked the best of the 3 and it was also noticeable that Newcastle got a grip of the mid-field last week after he went off injured.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on April 14, 2013, 09:10:44 AM
Won't Duff be dead by 2104, well unless he has Harry Potter's ball thingy

Oh! I thought it was the groin.  :005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andy_M

Enoh  0001.jpeg

I agree with all previous posters Enoh was by far the best of the 3. Composed on the ball, tracked his man well off the ball, closed the ball down well, put in decent tackles. Can jump surprisngly high for such a little bloke and won quite a few headers which was surprising. Used the ball well, in a way he reminded me a bit of Danny Murphy the way he often used that 360 turn/turn back on himself to make space like Murphy used to. I believe we have an option on him as part of the loan, and given his age and what we have seen from him so far I think we should be snapping this guy up!

Manolev

On the fence a bit with Manolev, he was ok, nothing spectacular, prevented Reither from getting forward, but provided decent defensive cover which is why hardly any Villa attacks came down that side of the pitch. Looked a bit clueless at times in the final third and wasted good crossing opportunities. I'd say he'd be a useful back-up RB, certainly an improvement on Kelly as a back-up, but that's it. The guys never going to play for Barcelona, but he's easily good enough and capable enough of being a reasonable Premier League RB and as cover for Reither would be a decent permanent signing.

Emanuelson  075.gif 1500.gif

I'm sorry but were many of you actually at the game or watching the same game as me?! Yes granted he went on some great little runs and created our only chance of the first half, but off the ball he is very lazy, doesn't track back, can't tackle and that was really the reason that from when Duff went off ALL Villa's attacks were going down our left as Richardson was left totally exposed due to Emanuelson never tracking back. In the attacking third yes he's a talent, somewhat frustrating that he doesn't back himself more often to take people on as he can and did go past people for fun. He's a bit of a luxury player in that he will do stuff with the ball but hardly anything when we don't have the ball. Not sure he'd be the type of player we need in the long term. If we did sign him he'd have to work a hell of a lot harder and improve the defensive side of his game. Certainly a better showing on Saturday than against QPR though - he was absolutely dreadful that night!
@got_maile