watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to blood some youngsters?

Started by SouthfieldWhite, April 15, 2013, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Now we've reached the magical 40 points, think it be a great chance to bring in some of the youngsters

Martin Jol has said for a while now he wants to get the average of the squad down, in fact I think it's gone up

Now is a great time to see how good our youngsters are. Was really disappointed to see Kaca go out on loan .

The future is very bright with our youngsters but fear some will look to play else where if they feel they won't get a chance in the first team

JackyFulham90

I think our team is younger on the whole but Karagounis & Schwarzer bring the age of the side up, if you put Stockdale & Frimpong in to replace them we have a much younger side. We have some good experienced players & some good youngsters in Kasami , Frei , Mesca & Kaca
Hopefully Mesca & Frei can start to get some game time before May

ScalleysDad

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 15, 2013, 08:51:46 PM
I think our team is younger on the whole but Karagounis & Schwarzer bring the age of the side up, if you put Stockdale & Frimpong in to replace them we have a much younger side. We have some good experienced players & some good youngsters in Kasami , Frei , Mesca & Kaca

I signed up for the Jol revolution which quickly fizzled out and like others I felt a bit cheated. But with almost a season gone he might have had a point. Kaca and Briggs have hardly impressed out on loan, kassami is still a wanderer looking for recognition and even Frei, hailed as our new talisman, has failed to get off the bench at Cardiff. I think Enoh, Reither and Emanualson, if Jol can get them to stay, will take over these rolls with a couple drafted in from the Academy, probably Mesca and one of the back four, taking on that heavy mantle of 'ones for the future'.

cottage cheese

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 15, 2013, 10:57:22 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 15, 2013, 08:51:46 PM

I signed up for the Jol revolution which quickly fizzled out and like others I felt a bit cheated. But with almost a season gone he might have had a point. Kaca and Briggs have hardly impressed out on loan, kassami is still a wanderer looking for recognition and even Frei, hailed as our new talisman, has failed to get off the bench at Cardiff. I think Enoh, Reither and Emanualson, if Jol can get them to stay, will take over these rolls with a couple drafted in from the Academy, probably Mesca and one of the back four, taking on that heavy mantle of 'ones for the future'.

Hit the nail on the head. Jol did try to blood in the youngsters at the start and they struggled at times.

Kaca for me looks a good prospect and he did put in some good shifts. Jol gave him the most chances out of the youngsters and while he did have his good games he also went missing in lots and his lack of tracking back did not help. I think as soon as he went away to play for Sweden his form dropped and I cant help but think he got a bit cocky. Just my opinion.

Briggs will never be good enough for us and I think he is just here for cover for Riise but come the summer I do expect him to leave.

Frei well has talent no doubt. However, he relies on his one solid foot and has been injured a lot this season so im hoping next season will be the one for him to really shine. Hard to judge just yet.

I've seen a couple of U21 games and we do have some promising youngsters for sure but the question is are they really good enough for the premiership? Jol has an eye for young talent and if he thinks they are not good enough at the moment then its pointless trying to blood them in as a few bad games can really dent confidence and desire.

Oh and then we have Kasami..not really sure why he has just not been given a chance. Either he is not putting the effort in training or its something more personal

dgnffc

Can I throw some names into the hat and see what people think? This is purely based on what I've seen from highlight videos so I'm happy for those who have seen more to comment.

- Chris David. Jol really bigged him up when we signed him but said he wouldn't be match fit until next season. He's now playing regularly for the U21s so I wonder if we might see a cameo appearance from him this season
- Cawley Woodrow. Would like to see him given a run out at some point. I think he's physically capable of handling it better than say, Tankovic, at this moment.
- Ryan Williams. Played at a lower level for Pompey and played really well in Dallas.
- Jack Grimmer. I think enough's been said about him already as being mature enough for a run out.
- Sean Kavanagh. Taking more of a chance on this one but given that we do seem to be having problems at left back and Briggs isn't the answer - worth a try at some point?

Lighthouse

I and others made the point that however good the youngsters are, it is a big step up to the Prem. Very few will make it. So we need to invest in the team as was the case this season. That is why I am fed up with things because we have shown we can be good with a few extra players in the right places we could be even better.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Delboy

We have a really tough run in, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton all have something to play for, so I'm glad we already have the 40 points under our belt. I doubt MJ will throw too many into these games so as to not dishearten too much. The Reading and Swansea games he might though. Will be interesting.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Delboy on April 16, 2013, 11:46:49 AM
We have a really tough run in, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton all have something to play for, so I'm glad we already have the 40 points under our belt. I doubt MJ will throw too many into these games so as to not dishearten too much. The Reading and Swansea games he might though. Will be interesting.

Yup, would way prefer them to play against Reading and Swansea - Reading should be reasonably easy, and Swansea just haven't been at it recently.

Although, it could be a decent test of mettle if they play against Everton.