more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Play up Pompey

Started by Jambo, April 16, 2013, 10:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Portsmouth FC:

2009: James, Johnson, Kaboul, Campbell, Distin, Kranjcar, Prince-Boateng, Diarra, Muntari, Crouch, Defoe.

2013: League 2.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Rhys Lightning 63

5 years after hosting AC Milan in The UEFA Cup. Sad, so sad
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Jambo on April 16, 2013, 10:08:07 PM
Portsmouth FC:

2009: James, Johnson, Kaboul, Campbell, Distin, Kranjcar, Prince-Boateng, Diarra, Muntari, Crouch, Defoe.

Might be a massive factor in Portsmouth's return. their is a wage gap in League 2 so i was told, they won't be able to overspend. they will be one of the biggest clubs in league if not the biggest club in league 2. They have shown everyone else what not to do in the premier league. They've got loyal fans and if they sort everything out and rebuild then they will be able to do the same thing Rangers(Scotland) did and get promoted from their lowest ebb, it will make a few of the other teams such as AFC Wimbledon(hopefully), Plymouth and the bigger clubs down in league 2 due to the amount of fans that Pompey will bring each in and week out + the local clubs will sell out their away end which could benefit Pompey and the away team in the sense of money. PUP  
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

MJG

Portsmouth FC:

has a very QPR team look to it. Lots of journeyman players being paid thousands a week to play in front of 18k and managed by Harry.

Jambo

QPR FC

2013: Cesar, Toure, Fabio, Samba, Hill, Park, granero, Jenas, Taarabt, Zamora, Remy

2017: ????

@jambohunt

Jambo

Quote from: MJG on April 16, 2013, 10:15:10 PM
Portsmouth FC:

has a very QPR team look to it. Lots of journeyman players being paid thousands a week to play in front of 18k and managed by Harry.

You beat me to it!

@jambohunt

Jimpav

Quote from: Jambo on April 16, 2013, 10:16:09 PM
Portsmouth FC:

You beat me to it!

That's the worst part though - these were not journey men. 5 years ago these were first team players for England - these were top players paid a top price. Worse still is that Redknapp took most of that team back to Spurs with him - no doubt at a better price than what he shelled out for them at Pompey. He's not entirely to blame for their downfall but he clearly doesn't care about them or QPR - another team destined for the football scrap heap.

Riverside

The only comparison I see is salaries
This Portsmouth team was much better than the current QPR

How many of the current QPR will end up at Liverpool , Everton , Spurs , AC Milan , Inter Milan or Real Madrid as these Portsmouth players did  ?

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 16, 2013, 10:12:24 PM
5 years after hosting AC Milan in The UEFA Cup. Sad, so sad
Ronaldinho (pronounced, wonderfully, Honalgeenio) scored an absolute beauty of a free-kick in that game.

MasterHaynes

If you go back to the class of 95/96 when we got promoted from the 3rd tier, from the clubs in that league with us next season will see 5 of the teams  in the premiership next season, if Brighton make it through the play offs then it will be 6. We made the EUFA cup final and an established premier side, Swansea have won the League cup and Wigan have made the FA cup final. this should give hope to every clubs supporters no matter how lowly their position.

Airfix

Quote from: Jambo on April 16, 2013, 10:15:37 PM
QPR FC

2013: Cesar, Toure, Fabio, Samba, Hill, Park, granero, Jenas, Taarabt, Zamora, Remy

Is the Conference possible?

Fulham76

Quote from: Airfix on April 17, 2013, 09:52:01 AM
QPR FC

That team would struggle in the conference... Their attendances would fit right in though!

timmyg

'Arry certainly has a hand in Pompey's demise, but a majority of the blame should go on the FA and Football League for rubberstamping Portsmouth's string of non-owners.

Forget managers and players, that club has had 5 owners in 5 years.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 17, 2013, 01:23:48 PM
Quote from: Airfix on April 17, 2013, 09:52:01 AM
QPR FC

That team would struggle in the conference... Their attendances would fit right in though!

And that crap hole of a ground. :yay:

Bassey the warrior

Portsmouth FC:

I can't agree with that at all. Defoe, Kranjcar, Johnson, Prince-Boateng, Diarra, Kaboul, Crouch were all on their way up. QPR has a lot of players on their way down.