watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My opinion of tonights game ... read if interested

Started by Sammyffc, April 17, 2013, 10:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

well what can i say , wasn't expecting a win ! im a pessimist ! but .. david luiz's goal was just unstoppable , second goal , well senderos , don't really know what to say , didn't actually have a bad game , just a perfect ball , but could of got his nut on it if he tried harder it was like he didn't know terry was there , 3rd goal was fluke .

are performance wasn't actually that bad as i know many of you will dissagree. are movement defensively was on point , attacking was same old . petric had a absolute shocker. but it was evident that we deffo need a pace player upfront to work with berba , even when dave came on he wasn't doing much . we need a bent sort of player in my opinion , quick strong and can finish a treat . i thought emmanuelson had a stormer. awesome game by him , gutted we can't get him on a full contract. enoh also had a decent game, 100 % sign him up .

not much else to say really , are attacking power would be so much better with someone quick upfront with berba instead of having 1 upfront with berbs behind. However, i know we are going to get slated tonight , but i didn't see mata do anything that game, marked out the game . also hazard didn't do much really , neither did oscar when he came on . these players usually tear teams apart.

guarantee we will beat arsenal .  9739.gif

Basil

Agree with loads of that.. although thought Mata was brilliant.

God The Mechanic

The second goal was Reither's "fault".  He had Terry and just let him go marking absolutely nobody beyond the far post.

CanadianCottager

Don't know why Senderos is getting panned for the 2nd goal, how was he supposed to know that Riether was going to lose his man

JDH101

I see where you are coming from. Apart from the Bent comment. The bloke is useless, you've just been blinded by the occasional goal on a highlight reel.

Sammyffc

when i said bent , i didn't mean get him haha , i meant like a player that plays the same as he does , off the shoulder of defenders who has got speed to burn and can finish . that's what we need , personally thats what i think anyway

Forever Fulham

I'm proud of what this team has accomplished this season, considering the rebuilding following key player losses.  Chelsea has a very good team.  Hold your heads up.  Now on to Arsenal.

jarv

Senderos was ball watching for the 2nd. Riether also at fault but no match in the air against Terry.

bill taylors apprentice

There is no way Riether should be picking up Terry in our box, if the roles were reversed I'm sure Terry would have spotted Senderos or Hangland goal hanging.
You want your highly paid, big, athletic premier league quality central defenders to read the game as well as put their bodies on the line.
He does his best and he try's hard but if he is still first or even second choice next year I will be very disappointed.  

In the Enclosure

Totally agree Sendoros should have stuck with Terry

God The Mechanic

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 17, 2013, 10:38:15 PM
There is no way Riether should be picking up Terry in our box, if the roles were reversed I'm sure Terry would have spotted Senderos or Hangland goal hanging.

But Terry pulled onto Reither... he was beyond him at the far post then ran central.  You can't (or at least shouldn't) want your centre backs running away from the middle of the goal, that's where you'd want them to be winning any headers coming back in.

cusackdribble

You don't know the difference between 'are' and 'our' do you young man?

In the Enclosure

Centre Backs need to mark where the danger is not just stand in the middle of the goal marking nobody.
Terry got the room by going out wide
That is why good headers of the ball go to the far post hoping for a long cross.
Good defenders go with them otherwise that trick will always work against us won't it ?
because Reither is never going to be able to defend properly against a 6ft + player is he ?

CanadianCottager

At best its an error of communication, Senderos shouldn't be drifting out wide for no reason unless Riether calls him, the assumption being that the fullback is marking the players out wide. Senderos drifts out wide and then Juan Mata gets wide open at the top of the box with a clear sight of net. I agree that Senderos should have been marking Terry, but as the fullback Riether has to let Senderos know he's got an aerial threat behind him, especially after Terry drifted across him towards goal.

bill taylors apprentice

Happens to often to Senderos, asking him to make the right decision instinctively on a regular basis is why he gets paid a small fortune.
It wasn't as if terry came in from wide outside the box, he should of at least seen him coming. 

ScalleysDad

Communication CC. You rarely hear it these days and the back four and Shwarz must just use eye signals. Left eye wink I'm coming for the ball ...... no,no my left not yours .............. damn.

HatterDon

I agree with the consensus on the second goal. Senderos had no business keeping the team shape. He should have left the entire right side of the goal clear to any Chelsea player in order go cover a player that was Riether's assignment.

Yeah, right.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Burt

As I posted on another thread...

It was like our home match v Spurs. We played well, more than held our own, had chances to take the lead, didn't, and lost in a scoreline that was quite flattering for them.

No disgrace last night, just disappointed that we weren't a bit more clinical up front. They gave us a masterclass in that department. Fair play to them.

domprague

Mostly agree aside from our defending at corners.

Quote from: Burt on April 18, 2013, 07:35:44 AM
As I posted on another thread...

It was like our home match v Spurs. We played well, more than held our own, had chances to take the lead, didn't, and lost in a scoreline that was quite flattering for them.

No disgrace last night, just disappointed that we weren't a bit more clinical up front. They gave us a masterclass in that department. Fair play to them.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.