watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just a few things...

Started by EJL, April 17, 2013, 11:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

1. Riise's 60 yard smashes up the pitch have got to stop. Zamora plays for QPR now. Shades of last season when we played Andy Johnson as a lone striker and played the long ball game. He doesn't possess any attacking threat anymore and he can't even make simple five yard passes. He allowed Ivanovic far too much room to cross in the first half, but  kept Hazard pretty quiet in the second.

2. If Jol set us up for the counter, knowing we wouldn't be able to pass our way around them, then that has got to be THE most bizarre selection of counter-attacking players I've ever seen. Ruiz, Berbatov and Petric? Unbelievably slow. "Petric and Berbatov will work, it just needs time!" Someone who doesn't run, paired with someone who runs a lot, but isn't quick enough to run off the back of the last defender, is never going to work.

3. Emanuelson was good. Great close control and quicker than I first thought he was.

4. Enoh also had a decent game. He's a bit of a Roy Hodgson sort of player: sticks to his instructions and knows his limits.

5. The defending for the second goal was shambolic. Riether was as much to blame as Senderos. YOU DON'T JUST LEAVE JOHN TERRY UNMARKED IN THE BOX. Saying that, had Senderos looked over his shoulder for just a second, the goal could have been avoided.

6. Karagounis needs to cut out his theatrics. It was a little bit funny at first, but now it's just plain annoying. He didn't go down quite as many times tonight, although I'm sure he'll put that right on Saturday. The Tumbling Greek.

I just hope we go for it against Arsenal.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

....well I have to say the 60 yard (60, really ?) pass  was a pleasant change from the freekin' never ending back pass to Brede
We played a nice passing game that always ended with an R .................Riisa or Ruiz       
Chelsea did not get out of 2nd gear .............that's it really     

EJL

Quote from: KCat on April 17, 2013, 11:58:51 PM
....well I have to say the 60 yard (60, really ?) pass  was a pleasant change from the freekin' never ending back pass to Brede
We played a nice passing game that always ended with an R .................Riisa or Ruiz       
Chelsea did not get out of 2nd gear .............that's it really     

Pleasant change? Riise does it numerous times every game, and it'll either go out for a throw or get intercepted by a towering John Terry-like defender.