Changes needed VS Arsenal

Started by JackyFulham90, April 18, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Baider on April 18, 2013, 02:28:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 18, 2013, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 18, 2013, 01:12:04 PM
Quote from: Baider on April 18, 2013, 12:21:40 PM
i dont understand how/why people defend senderos, awful player. Slow, always looks lost, makes way too many mistakes (CB's cant make mistakes), just boots the ball away never makes a constructive pass out of defence. the guy makes my blood boil

Sir you a wrong with that comment that he never makes a constructive pass, he is the one player that always tries to pass out of defence, due to his Arsenal training, but to pass out of defence you have to have a player available to receive the ball, unfortunately this is not always the case and then the ball has to be cleared. He was not at fault for any of the goals last night. the first Terry header was in my opinion down to Reither allowing Terry to make the run, he just let him run past him, and Senderos would have scored if Petric had not stuck his foot in the way.

exactly that.

so you genuinely would prefer to play senderos instead of hughes then?

I have read my comment several times now and i am blowed if i can see any reference to Hughes, i was merely responding to a comment about Senderos.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhams_finest

its funny why people are confused about getting on Senderos's back - just look at the marking for the second goal last night - just look for christ sake

alfie

Quote from: fulhams_finest on April 18, 2013, 06:53:25 PM
its funny why people are confused about getting on Senderos's back - just look at the marking for the second goal last night - just look for christ sake

yes have looked several times, and i still say that Reither was a fault for allowing John Terry to make the run, but i am assuming you would have wanted Senderos to leave his Centre back position completely open to go out wider with Terry, if so who do you think would have gone into Senderos's position, and who was Reither marking if it was not Terry?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jmh

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 18, 2013, 08:09:36 AM
I thought we were poor last night, Petric had a mare & Senderos , Riise & Karagounis were not great either we really need to go back to the team that won games, last night's team just didn't work, will be a boost to have Sidwell back
Riise was in the team that won games.

JackyFulham90

I like Riise but he seems to have lost confidence he never gets forward now he offers nothing going forward I would like to see Richardson given a proper chance there

SP

Didn't catch the details but Sky Sports were reporting Arsenal have a few injury worries ahead of Saturday. 

M i c K Y x FFC

Schwarzer

Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson

Sidwell Enoh

Emanuelson Ruiz Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Etheridge; Hughes; Manolev; Riise; Karagounis; Frei; Rodallega

ScalleysDad

I'm not so sure two players who were ineffective or not even playing in The Championship will be our saviours. I'd like to see it but we  are not playing with any flair or bravado. A better game plan, a more incisive approach and taking a shot from time to time is surely a better way forward. Hangaland and Senderos are going to have be immense on Saturday and Berbatov will need to get his head out of his arse.

MJG

Schwarzer
Reither-Hughes-Hangeland-Richardson
Frei-Sidwell-Frimpong-Kaca
Ruiz-Berbatov

Arthur

Quote from: MJG on April 18, 2013, 10:58:54 PM
Schwarzer
Ruiz-Berbatov

Frimpong won't be playing against his parent club.

I go along with the team that a number here have already suggested: leave out Riise, Karagounis and Petric; bring in Richardson, Sidwell and either Kaka or Frei.

St Eve

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on April 18, 2013, 03:07:47 PM
I just want to see Senderos out and Hughes in. Enoh should play with Sidwell. Urby off. Baird to be at least on the bench. Frei and kača to get his chance to show what they can do. I am 100% sure Frei should be a starter.
pretty much my thinking. Frei and Kaca should play and Hughes for Senderos

MJG

Quote from: Arthur on April 19, 2013, 12:12:03 AM
Quote from: MJG on April 18, 2013, 10:58:54 PM
Schwarzer
Ruiz-Berbatov

Frimpong won't be playing against his parent club.

I go along with the team that a number here have already suggested: leave out Riise, Karagounis and Petric; bring in Richardson, Sidwell and either Kaka or Frei.
Good point, then Enoh in his place.

FFC_17

Defensively we were'nt that bad against Chelsea. We conceded a crazy long shot and got punished by one individual marking mistake (Senderos). These things can happen, but i'm really worried about our lack of attacking threat.

Our attacks ar far too predictable. Berbs, Ruiz and Petric are too similar. They all want the ball in their feet, not in space or through the air. There was no pace, no forward runs, no penetration. On top of that Berbatov and Ruiz especially are to timid/passive when it comes to fighting for the ball, regaining posession and man v man battles. We really should look for improvement in that area next season.

I hope Jol concludes that as well and will play Ruiz behind Berbatov and play fast and skillful players on the wings. We need more runs and creativity to make use of Berbatovs & Ruiz's quality.

JackyFulham90

With an atttacking 4 of Berbatov , Ruiz , Emanuelson & Kacaniklic we can cause Arsenal problems with Enoh & Sidwell breaking play up, hopefully Duff is passed fit for the game

ffccaz

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 18, 2013, 11:29:33 AM
Ruiz has to go in the middle he is poor on the wing, now I've seen Kacaniklic is back he should start ahead of Frei, thinking about it maybe start Senderos he is good in the air & will suit playing Giroud, Karagounis & Riise definately need dropping

Schwarzer

Enoh Sidwell

Berbatov
:plus one:

Craven Mad

Quote from: ffccaz on April 19, 2013, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 18, 2013, 11:29:33 AM
Ruiz has to go in the middle he is poor on the wing, now I've seen Kacaniklic is back he should start ahead of Frei, thinking about it maybe start Senderos he is good in the air & will suit playing Giroud, Karagounis & Riise definately need dropping

Schwarzer

Enoh Sidwell

Berbatov
:plus one:
+2