News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crap TV Match Commentators - Give me Strength!

Started by Snibbo, April 18, 2013, 11:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

One of the blokes commentating on the stream I had last night was bloody woeful and incredibly irritating. (one of the reasons why I went back to bed at half time, the other being that it clearly wasn't going to be our night)

Why do they let these clowns commentate?  Waffling on about everything (well Ch**ki related everything) except what was happening on the pitch.

Surely it's an easy, one person job - why do they need two? And surely all they need to be telling us is:

1. Who has got the ball
2. What's he doing with it
3. Maybe add a bit of information about an imminent tackle or the part of the pitch, as added value.

Isn't that all Brian Moore and Kenneth Wolstenholme used to do, or is my memory at fault (quite possible - maybe they were just as bad?)

aFFCn_Fan

Apparently it was Ian Wrong Wrong Wrong...hence why he mentioned Arsenal/George Graham a couple of times in a game nowhere near north London.

His 'smack it abawt a bit' banter was annoying. And the fact that he seemed to think Reither had next to no experience in the Premier League. Which just shows if someone's not playing up in Finsbury Park area or Laughed-At Road Wrighty doesn't know about them.

More annoying was I found myself agreeing with him on a couple of occasions - notably 'Fulham's got too many flickers. Ruiz is a flicker, Berbatov's a flicker...' but the weakness of Jol's formation, tactics and choice of personnel is a whole other post...or message board.  
@hincharoo