watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My view on the game

Started by Jambo, April 18, 2013, 05:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

And I know it's one that won't please everyone.  I'm a realist when it comes to us playing the top 4 clubs, I don't include spurs or Liverpool in that but when we come up against a side that is on paper worth 10x plus more than ours we do have to manage our expectations somewhat.  Fact is if Chelsea play to anywhere near their best they win comfortably.  I can't imagine Brede or Senderos scoring a goal like Luiz but then again Luiz cost £25m and is probably worth more than that now.  The Premiership is the furthest away from a level playing field as you could possibly get, just take a look at the championship for a level playing field, it's all very close.

I know many will argue about tactics and effort and intent but you can't get past the fact that they are just a hell of a lot better than us.  I go into the Arsenal game with a similar mindset, if we catch them on a off day and we up our game or Berba can produce some magic...... You never know, but if their £15m midfielder puts the ball into the path of their £10m full back who passes it to their £12m winger who crosses onto the head of their £15m striker we might struggle.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JackyFulham90

Can't say you are wrong as you have a fair point, I think we can give top teams a good game even if they play well but missing Sidwell , Diarra , Dejagah & Duff just proved too much last night

ron

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 18, 2013, 05:59:00 PM
Can't say you are wrong as you have a fair point, I think we can give top teams a good game even if they play well but missing Sidwell , Diarra , Dejagah & Duff just proved too much last night

....and the greatest of those is surely Dejagah. In such a short time he has shown how important his strength and ability to hold the ball ( in a way much more effective than a certain striker once was feted for doing) is for the overall success of the team.

fulhams_finest

Truest statement ever- he has won penalties and was involved on numerous occassions on the setup of goals - was looking like an exciting prospect

Quote from: ron on April 18, 2013, 06:39:09 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 18, 2013, 05:59:00 PM

....and the greatest of those is surely Dejagah. In such a short time he has shown how important his strength and ability to hold the ball ( in a way much more effective than a certain striker once was feted for doing) is for the overall success of the team.

TonyGilroy

Our record against the big four is actually quite good but that means an occasional home win and a reasonable number of draws. We will though usually lose as will all the other sixteen clubs.

What sometimes help us is that they let us play and I thought we were every bit as good as Chelsea in the first half. We might have scored first but Petric was completely off his game. We conceded two sloppy goals which we mostly haven't been doing this year.

I wasn't too disappointed. Enoh impressed and we now know what Emanuelson has to offer. I thought Ruiz was excellent but most posters clearly disagree,  

God The Mechanic

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 18, 2013, 06:48:24 PM
Our record against the big four is actually quite good but that means an occasional home win and a reasonable number of draws. We will though usually lose as will all the other sixteen clubs.

What sometimes help us is that they let us play and I thought we were every bit as good as Chelsea in the first half. We might have scored first but Petric was completely off his game. We conceded two sloppy goals which we mostly haven't been doing this year.

I wasn't too disappointed. Enoh impressed and we now know what Emanuelson has to offer. I thought Ruiz was excellent but most posters clearly disagree, 

We must've been watching a very similar game, cos I agree with pretty much all of that (as against the grain of the forum in general).

IMO, Enoh has to be bought as long as his price isn't too high.  He has looked very solid and adapted pretty quickly too.

Jambo

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 18, 2013, 07:07:28 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 18, 2013, 06:48:24 PM

We must've been watching a very similar game, cos I agree with pretty much all of that (as against the grain of the forum in general).

IMO, Enoh has to be bought as long as his price isn't too high.  He has looked very solid and adapted pretty quickly too.

Agreed, Liked Enoh, reminds me of Makelele.  Would be a good signing
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/