watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea fans last night

Started by samv10, April 18, 2013, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samv10

Not sure yet but am I right in saying they sang 'its never your fault' this was about 85 minutes roughly when most fans had left, or was it just me that thought they heard this

b+w geezer

Getting into practice for visit to Anfield at the weekend. Stereotypical allegations about Liverpool supporters/citizens is that they are serial complainants about victimhood who never take personal responsibility. Hence the barb in the song. Another was being sung about "your Liverpool slums." All very edifying.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: b+w geezer on April 18, 2013, 06:06:04 PM
Getting into practice for visit to Anfield at the weekend. Stereotypical allegations about Liverpool supporters/citizens is that they are serial complainants about victimhood who never take personal responsibility. Hence the barb in the song. Another was being sung about "your Liverpool slums." All very edifying.

it's pretty much about the deaths of the 96 at Hillsborough, they go on about that which fair play. JUSTICE! but they forget about the Juventus fans that were killed at the European Cup Final after LFC fans clashed with them.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Whitby Fulham

it's pretty much about the deaths of the 96 at Hillsborough, they go on about that which fair play. JUSTICE! but they forget about the Juventus fans that were killed at the European Cup Final after LFC fans clashed with them.
[/quote]
The Heysel Stadium disaster
The tragedy resulted in all English football clubs being placed under an indefinite ban by UEFA from all European competitions (lifted in 1990–91), with Liverpool being excluded for an additional year and fourteen Liverpool fans found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and each sentenced to three years' imprisonment. The disaster was later described as "the darkest hour in the history of the UEFA competitions.
The 1989 Hillsborough disaster
The 1990 official inquiry into the disaster, the Taylor Report, concluded "the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control.
I'am pretty sure the 14 lads jailed won't forget what they did, but back in 1980's football hooliganism was not uncommon in Europe it's still rife to this day 

domprague

They did sing it. I didn't post about it because I was so angry. In the week of the Hillsborough anniversary it was the last song to sing - regardless of Heysel.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

SP

Interesting & encouraging to see how the number of their fans at the Cottage appears to reduce each season.  The days when they filled the Putney End & overflowed into other areas of the ground are over.

Enter the Frei

it's not really in reference to Hillsbrough though, it's more in reference to the general attitude of Liverpool as a football club.

SKSW6

Liverpool fans have the song about Chelsea having no history so it seems like the two of them have developed a bit of a rivalry.

domprague

It's taken by Liverpool and others to be about Hillsborough. If you want to sing about Suarez and Dalglish's crazy response to his racism then fair enough. But Hillsborough could have happened to any club and nearly happened to Spurs eight years earlier in the same spot. Those of us of a certain age will always feel 'there but for the grace of God' and so we should all respect Hilllsborough. 
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.