News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I don't think we were that bad on Wednesday.

Started by VicHalomsLovechild, April 19, 2013, 07:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

I was there and just didn't see the game some of you have written about. I really hate losing particularly when we just give up but I did't think that was the case. Considering we didn't have our regular wingers and Sidwell was missing. Our shape was good we tried to move forward, we passed well and frustrated a bigger team. I'm looking forward to Saturday. Rodders in for Petric would be my only change. If we play the same game and get the luck that eluded us Wednesday then we're in with a good chance.

Bassey the warrior

Berba has finally started making runs so for me he has to play up front with Ruiz just behind and I mean just behind, he plays too deep. I'd go with Frei/Kaca and Emanuelson on the wings.

Mr-ska

First half we were good..  guilty of missing our chances.  Chelsea's 2nd goal was a sucker punch.. basically won them the game.

Peabody

Have to agree. The only criticism I had was the reluctance to shoot when the opportunity presented itself. Glad I am not alone in thinking this.

Mr-ska

Quote from: Peabody on April 19, 2013, 08:50:55 AM
Have to agree. The only criticism I had was the reluctance to shoot when the opportunity presented itself. Glad I am not alone in thinking this.
Spot on Peabody...  i was howling at them to pull the trigger!!!

mangoputney

Game of two halves... We do need to shoot more but Chelsea were very organised

I'm hope we can put out that first half performance again & put away our chances on Sat

Otherwise teams momentum up table is done
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

JackyFulham90

We played well 1st 30 mins after that it wasn't great, I thought Karagounis , Riise & Petric were poor & should not start against Arsenal, I think we will see a response tomorrow

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I think that we were second to the ball every time and had class but no spirit,,

Apprentice to the Maestro

We played quite well when we had the ball but we gave it away too often with poor clearances and risky, unsuccessful passes.

We created quite a few chances, not great chances, but we did not take any of them. Whoever we play in attack, Berbatov, Ruiz, Petric or Rodellaga, they need a greater and better supply of creative passes. We don't score the goals that our general play sometimes merits.

But the main difference was that Chelsea pressured the player on the ball and we didn't do that enough, for example for both the first and second goal. I think that partly reflects how much was in the game for the two sides.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: Mr-ska on April 19, 2013, 08:17:57 AM
First half we were good..  guilty of missing our chances.  Chelsea's 2nd goal was a sucker punch.. basically won them the game.

Agreed.  Ruiz played well Emanuelson/Enoh too. Petric anonymous (and that clearance) but the rest I though did fine.  A goal out of nowhere, perhaps a little slack in the first Terry goal. We went from almost 2-1 (grrr Petric) to 3-0 in a minute or so. Killed the game.  Before that even the second half was really open and as much us as their's. 

MasterHaynes

We definitely need to pull the trigger more often instead of always trying to score beautiful goals. Karagounis shot that just cleared the bar could have been our wonder goal instead fortune favoured Luis

Frankie-Peter Taylor

When we knock the ball about like we did at times in the first half, we're a very good side to watch. The doom squad returned because of the scoreline, not the performance.

HatterDon

Well, If I am a member of your "doom squad," I must disagree. It was definitely the performance -- more specifically the continued slow, speculative "attack" that our coach prefers. It's fine when we're ahead, and it's effective when we're level, but it is useless when we're behind. We had a tired team in front of us and we refused to make them run. THAT's poor performance.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VicHalomsLovechild

I didn't think they looked tired, nervous yes. Our build up is slow because we're slow. We have been ever since Wroy was calling the shots. The majority of the division is. I think that's becoming an over used phrase. Players need to find space and their team mates need to be tuned into that. That's what we don't do. However there were signs on Wednesday, particularly from Eying that things were moving in that direction.

MJG

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on April 19, 2013, 06:50:23 PM
I didn't think they looked tired, nervous yes. Our build up is slow because we're slow. We have been ever since Wroy was calling the shots. The majority of the division is. I think that's becoming an over used phrase. Players need to find space and their team mates need to be tuned into that. That's what we don't do. However there were signs on Wednesday, particularly from Eying that things were moving in that direction.
I think HD meant that Chelsea were tired,not us.

domprague

:plus one:
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 19, 2013, 02:17:38 PM
We played quite well when we had the ball but we gave it away too often with poor clearances and risky, unsuccessful passes.

We created quite a few chances, not great chances, but we did not take any of them. Whoever we play in attack, Berbatov, Ruiz, Petric or Rodellaga, they need a greater and better supply of creative passes. We don't score the goals that our general play sometimes merits.

But the main difference was that Chelsea pressured the player on the ball and we didn't do that enough, for example for both the first and second goal. I think that partly reflects how much was in the game for the two sides.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on April 19, 2013, 07:08:40 PM

Yes. That's what I meant. Thanks.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JackyFulham90

We didn't look slow we attacked well with pace when we had Dejagah  playing we are missing him badly

horse1031

i thought we played really well in the first half on Wednesday.  I saw us drop our heads and then we were always on the backfoot against the scum.  I thought our midfield did really well against them.  It was an open game and once we gave away the second goal it was going to be tough.  I agree that i dont see why some people were saying we played terribly...  each their own i guess.  I thought there was some good passing moves and some horrible defensive mistakes mixed in.

One thing I did see about the game that frustrates me all the time is that Ruiz shies away from scoring opportunities and in tackles.  He has class but lets be honest, he is a luxury player and one that might not reach his full potential in the premier league.  Yes, he has his really good moments but also some passes he makes leaves me shaking my head.  He has gotten tougher in possession but he needs to be more consistent throughout the game.  I hope that he scores some goals towards the end of this year.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: HatterDon on April 19, 2013, 08:14:01 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 19, 2013, 07:08:40 PM

Yes. That's what I meant. Thanks.

I knew what you meant and I didn't think Chelsea looked tired. They had the ball in front of our penalty area several times in the first half but past it instead of shooting. Nobody wanted to take the responsibility (hence nervous) till Luiz let rip.