Emanuelson - re-assessment ?

Started by Fulham1959, April 20, 2013, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

There is a thread, currently on Page 14, entitled :

Emannuleson

Opening comment by the original poster, 1 April 2013 :

Is playing like absolute sh1t.

At the time, I thought it was a ridiculous 'rush to judgement'.  Will this now discourage people from jumping in with two feet (Sidwell excepted) when a somewhat match-rusty player is brought into the team ?

Sadly I think not.

fulhamben

the question is though. he is clearly a good player, but would it be more beneficial to us to play a player who is more likely to be with us come august
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

ANother reason why players should be given more of a run under Jol. Coming on as sub in the odd game and not performing doesn't mean you are rubbish. Players need chances to shine as Urby has. Too often we don't give players the chance underJol.

Urby, Enoh and Kaka have all shined given the chance. But all these chances were forced onto Jol.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LondonFulhamWhite

To be fair, he was playing like total rubbish.

Now, he is not. Can only base opinions on what was being seen at the time: hindsight is a delightful thing.

Fulham1959

Quote from: LondonFulhamWhite on April 20, 2013, 05:35:04 PM
To be fair, he was playing like total rubbish.

Now, he is not. Can only base opinions on what was being seen at the time: hindsight is a delightful thing.

Yes, but was he not brought on as a sub into a tempestuous match ?  Yet some people were writing him off after only 15 minutes, along the lines of 'he should never be picked again' !

EJL

If the club are going to spend some money in the summer, spend it on him.

clanky

BUy. Buy Buy,

Stood out by miles at todays game and we have nothing to be ashamed of. We deserved a point and even thought it was Fulham-ish felt we battled well against overwhelming odds and proud of the team .

He will be a welcome addition to the team that must change prior to next season.

COYW

ffc73

The obvious question today is why did Jol take him off when he clearly was having his best game for us?

EJL

Quote from: FFC73 on April 20, 2013, 06:29:19 PM
The obvious question today is why did Jol take him off when he clearly was having his best game for us?

Maybe he was knackered? We needed to keep the pressure on Arsenal. As well as Emanuelson played, you can't 'get at' a team with tired players.

ffc73

I hear you EJL but he did not look tired to me. Neither did Kaca. Personally I would have left them both on & have taken Ruiz off. Of course that is as likely as Berbatov being taken off. If you are not prepared to take either of them off, you are severely limiting your options

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 05:29:12 PM
ANother reason why players should be given more of a run under Jol. Coming on as sub in the odd game and not performing doesn't mean you are rubbish. Players need chances to shine as Urby has. Too often we don't give players the chance underJol.

Urby, Enoh and Kaka have all shined given the chance. But all these chances were forced onto Jol.
totally agree with this. It goes for youngsters and seasoned pros.

Jack Fulham

Stating that a player is playing poo in game which he was playing poo is hardly an injustice. I think most people know Emanuelson is a good player but like all footballers, its takes time to adapt.

HatterDon

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 20, 2013, 05:20:32 PM
There is a thread, currently on Page 14, entitled :

Emannuleson

Opening comment by the original poster, 1 April 2013 :

Is playing like absolute sh1t.

At the time, I thought it was a ridiculous 'rush to judgement'.  Will this now discourage people from jumping in with two feet (Sidwell excepted) when a somewhat match-rusty player is brought into the team ?

Sadly I think not.

Well, while pointing out first that the comment didn't come from me, why is it a "rush to judgment?" He didn't say that Emanuelson was a bad player or that he was "Championship at Best." What he said was that he was playing like absolute sh1t. I've said that about players having poor matches that I have a lot of time and admiration for.

Over the time that I've been writing my Views, I've raked pretty much every Fulham player over the coals at one time or another and have praised those same players to high heaven at other times. Those comments were based on what I saw IN THAT PARTICULAR MATCH.

It may not seem a big thing, but it disturbs me that so many folks take every negative comment as an assault on a players ability and suitability. There's a world of difference in "Emanuelson is playing like crap" and "Emanuelson is a crap player." It doesn't disturb me as much as it worries me that you've been waiting the better part of a month to pull this quote up to say "See! You were WRONG!" But that's just me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

domprague

I thought he played well. Maybe he might fancy first-team football in a great city that's close to him home. Let's cross our fingers.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.