Main Menu

Lindegaard

Started by LondonFulhamWhite, April 21, 2013, 08:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LondonFulhamWhite

What would we all thint about him for keeper

JackyFulham90

I think Schwarzer & Stockdale will both go this summer

Stekelenburg would be my 1st choice but would also be very happy with Lindegaard

Danitar

Very good keeper, I would be more than happy to have him at the cottage

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 21, 2013, 08:58:32 AM

Stekelenburg would be my 1st choice but would also be very happy with Lindegaard

+1
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

cmg

Lindegaard would be interesting.

Unless I've missed something, I am not sure why we keep on about Stekelenberg. We almost pulled off a major stunt when we almost signed him last summer when he was out of favour in Rome. Roma pulled the plug at the last moment. He is now back and established as first choice under a new manager and is unlikely to be going anywhere.

No, we should be looking for a similar situation elsewhere. Mmmm...established international keeper, fallen out with the manager, being kept out of first team action by a rival he considers to be inferior? What's the Barnebeau telephone number? Maybe we can do our old mate Jose a favour.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He's a very, very good goal keeper.

Pure football

Quote from: cmg on April 21, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

Unless I've missed something, I am not sure why we keep on about Stekelenberg. We almost pulled off a major stunt when we almost signed him last summer when he was out of favour in Rome. Roma pulled the plug at the last moment. He is now back and established as first choice under a new manager and is unlikely to be going anywhere.

No, we should be looking for a similar situation elsewhere. Mmmm...established international keeper, fallen out with the manager, being kept out of first team action by a rival he considers to be inferior? What's the Barnebeau telephone number? Maybe we can do our old mate Jose a favour.

Good call, but he is on his way to Barcelona:-)

cmg

Quote from: Pure football on April 21, 2013, 12:34:13 PM
Quote from: cmg on April 21, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

Good call, but he is on his way to Barcelona:-)

Huh! No ambition, some people. He'll never get to experience a wet Wednesday night in Stoke with THAT bunch.

(Does that mean we'll have to put up with Valdes?)

Buffalo76

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 21, 2013, 08:58:32 AM

Think Stockdale will sign permanantly with Hell over the summer.

Ordar

Personally Stekelenberg is my number 1 choice and has been for over a year now. So unfortunate not to tie the deal up in Jan. Looks unlikely now that he's back as first choice at Roma.

Lindegaard would be a good (and young) option, although would be probably see a move to us as a backwards step.

What other keepers did Jol have at Hamburg and Ajax? Any standout keepers in the Dutch league

FOOlhamfighters

Ive loved having Schwarzer in net but sadly it seems like the best thing to move on to a more youthful goalie, and a more youthful team in general.

If we were to get either Lindegaard or Stekelberg I would be over the moon. I would probably choose Lindegaard given the choice as I've seen him play more.

fulhamking

Quote from: Ordar on April 21, 2013, 07:13:52 PM
Personally Stekelenberg is my number 1 choice and has been for over a year now. So unfortunate not to tie the deal up in Jan. Looks unlikely now that he's back as first choice at Roma.

Lindegaard would be a good (and young) option, although would be probably see a move to us as a backwards step.

What other keepers did Jol have at Hamburg and Ajax? Any standout keepers in the Dutch league
Mihaylov ;)

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I am not entirely convinced by Lindegaard, I still think Stekelenburg would be a much better option...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

EJL

Quote from: Ordar on April 21, 2013, 07:13:52 PM

Young for a goalkeeper, yes. When I found out he was 29 I was shocked. I'd always assumed that he was early twenties.

filham

Let's stop all the speculation and sign Schwarzer for another season, we could do a lot worse.

fulhamking

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2013, 06:30:40 PM
Let's stop all the speculation and sign Schwarzer for another season, we could do a lot worse.
Come on, a lot worse? Have a bit more ambition, for crying our loud...Schwarz has past it. Sign a new keeper and challenge the Europe places.

Bryanthebroom

Good keeper but hoping for Stekkers. Was at the Roma pescara game last week and he pulled off an incredible save in front of our end.

fulhamking

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on April 27, 2013, 12:53:49 PM
Good keeper but hoping for Stekkers. Was at the Roma pescara game last week and he pulled off an incredible save in front of our end.

One more thing..when looking for keeper, we should pay great attention not to his saves but to his conceded goals ;), which show more about his abilities than one amazing save (which is also very important, mind)

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2013, 06:30:40 PM

Rather we look to the future a bit now. I understand Jol's frustration that we're constantly looking ahead with worry.

I would love Lindegaard - he's more consistently good than De Gea, though can't pull off the same outrageous saves that only DdG seems capable of. Still, a fantastic keeper already and with years ahead.