watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol needs to be brave this summer

Started by JackyFulham90, April 20, 2013, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Just reacting to the thread title, it isn't Jol that needs to be brave. The board has to have the guts to bring in new players on more than just a loan or a one-year contract.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

Quote from: HatterDon on April 20, 2013, 07:58:23 PM
Just reacting to the thread title, it isn't Jol that needs to be brave. The board has to have the guts to bring in new players on more than just a loan or a one-year contract.

Yah, Jol needs to be backed is probably more accurate.  Or if he isn't going to be, he needs to be replaced by someone who WILL be.

nose

jol wasted a fortune on ruiz, i wouldn't give him that much money, he is very judgment impaired

SKSW6

Quote from: nose on April 20, 2013, 08:13:31 PM

jol wasted a fortune on ruiz, i wouldn't give him that much money, he is very judgment impaired

Tigana and Hodgson "wasted" 10m each on Marlet and AJ too, doesn't mean they wouldn't deserve backing again. Must be said we seem to have a bit of a curse on 10m+ players, although I still don't see Ruiz as being as bad as a lot of others make out. Still, we should stick to what we're good at; cheap underrated players.

DiegoFulham

anyone else see a possibly ambitious bid to bring Clint back to Craven Cottage even if Spurs manage to get CL?
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

HatterDon

Quote from: DiegoFulham on April 20, 2013, 08:54:44 PM
anyone else see a possibly ambitious bid to bring Clint back to Craven Cottage even if Spurs manage to get CL?

No. It would be insane for Fulham to attempt to buy him, and Spurs wouldn't sell him in the first place.

Mr-ska

we're mid table in In the top league in Europe. We have key injuries at the moment Diarra, Duff and Dejagah all missing from midfield. Sidwell jumped in yesterday and got carded so thats another 3 games we will miss the tough tackler. Yesterday was encouraging as at last the new lads brought in in January looked like they had found their feet. We were dreadfully unlucky. I cant wait for this season to end.. to give us 3 months to sort out fitness, contracts and possible youth players promotion. Kaca and Frei were back yesterday and looking very busy. I really think we have all the players and the manager to do well next season.

Jambo

Quote from: Admin on April 20, 2013, 10:00:33 AM
Although its very unlikely and it would be very Fulhamish, we're still not safe on 40 pts.

For us to go down we would need to lose all of our remaining games (including reading at Home) and on top of that unlikely event Wigan would have to win 3 and draw 1 of their last 5.  Not to mention Stoke, Villa and Sunderland would also need to overtake us.  WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

LondonFulhamWhite

Quote from: Jambo on April 21, 2013, 08:20:06 AM
Quote from: Admin on April 20, 2013, 10:00:33 AM
Although its very unlikely and it would be very Fulhamish, we're still not safe on 40 pts.

For us to go down we would need to lose all of our remaining games (including reading at Home) and on top of that unlikely event Wigan would have to win 3 and draw 1 of their last 5.  Not to mention Stoke, Villa and Sunderland would also need to overtake us.  WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN.

BUT I WANT TO BE MISERABLE SO I CAN SCREAM I TOLD YOU SO

JackyFulham90

Have to admit if we sign Enoh & Riether & had Dejagah & Emanuelson fit all season we could be a top 8 side injuries have hurt us this season

Berserker

I'd be happier if we get a few more points personally.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ffc73

The difficulty is that unless our players are out of contract I do not see too many clubs coming in for them

Enoh on a permanent and someone to play along side him.  Priority last summer and again this.  Hopefully we have spent all this season scouting for Murphy and/or Dembele's replacement. Baird, Kara and Diarra all to leave and Sidwell as a squad player.  As he was when he joined.

Reither as right back and Manolev as his back up NOT as a right midfielder

Left back.  Not sure that Riise, Briggs and/or Richardson are the answer but other areas need team need attention first

Because Jol seems not to rate him, Stockdale to Hull and Schwarzer to go if Stekelenberg comes

I doubt Emanuelson will stay.  He made it clear in interviews that he viewed his time with us to show Milan what they are missing or to put himself in the shop window for a bigger club.  If Jol does convince him to stay send Frei on loan for a year to Galatasary.  They seem to want him and he needs games to work out what he is meant to do with his left foot.  Other than stand on it.

We do not have enough shots or score enough goals.  Biggest decision for Jol in my opinion this summer is what he does with Ruiz and Berbatov.   For me Jol has too much of his own personal stock tied up in Ruiz (£10m+) and Berbatov (man-love).  I would like to see Jol being brave in his substitutions in the last 4 games.  Ruiz and Berbatov can actually be subbed.  Question is whether Hugo and Petric are adequate back up and if you put them on in place of the providers (e.g Kaca and Emamuelson yesterday) how are we ever going to know?

nose

Quote from: SKSW6 on April 20, 2013, 08:24:46 PM
Quote from: nose on April 20, 2013, 08:13:31 PM

Tigana and Hodgson "wasted" 10m each on Marlet and AJ too, doesn't mean they wouldn't deserve backing again. Must be said we seem to have a bit of a curse on 10m+ players, although I still don't see Ruiz as being as bad as a lot of others make out. Still, we should stick to what we're good at; cheap underrated players.

i agree they all have a go at wasting money. malet was the worst. AJ was stupid signing because although i thought him a great player with much quality he was obviously a sick note!

ruiz though is completely incomprehernsible. he has talent but is so slow in possesion, he always has to turn three times before doing anything, he never passes first time and rarely passes to anyone but berba. he has no apparent body strength and has not improved since his first disastorous performance.
as i say he clearly ahs skill but in two years we have seen so little of it.

I am not a great lover of the current manager, i think he started with a very good squad and now we are going backwards.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: nose on April 21, 2013, 03:04:20 PM
he has no apparent body strength and has not improved since his first disastorous performance.
as i say he clearly ahs skill but in two years we have seen so little of it.

I am not a great lover of the current manager, i think he started with a very good squad and now we are going backwards.

That's absolute garbage!  He's had some absolutely sensational performances this season, dominating teams when he has time and space.  Unfortunately not all give him that, but when they do he's brilliant.

As for the team going backwards, he's not "bought" many players that would have been his first choice and lost players that would have been, and that "very good squad" has aged badly.

HatterDon

We have been safe for quite a while. We were safe before we reached 39, never mind 40.