watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When did we become a cheating side?

Started by Lighthouse, April 21, 2013, 11:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

When we let in goals because of mistakes it is very frustrating. When players are sent off for trying to win the ball but missing badly. It is very frustrating. But when I see Fulham players begin to dive a win free kicks and try to gain an unfair advantage I begin to lose interest in the game.

I noticed three or four players in the last few games trying to win fouls unfairly and doing it succesfully in some cases.. Players have always done it and Fulham have had the odd player who was very good at it.  But it has been some time that I can remember that it has been part of our set up with so many different players involved.

Instead of cutting cheating out of our game we seem to be seeing more of it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

That is a hard pill to swallow but I have noticed a couple of instances of our players diving and agree it should be stopped.

Arthur

At least Karagounis was on the bench yesterday. He's the biggest play-actor we have. Have to say also that, even though Giroud's challenge was worthy of a sending off, Manolev's display of rolling around was uncalled for; don't like to see players pretending to be badly hurt when they're not.

MasterHaynes

084.gifStrange time to post such an article on your perception of Fulham standards when we just witnessed the biggest cheaters at Craven cottage this season
Arsenal players dived and rolled around yesterday so frequently I thought they were auditioning for Swan lake, Giraud especially. They constantly badgered and complained  to the referee pressurising him. I can't think of one Fulham player diving, Emanuelson played for the foul which he got on the edge of the box but did not a dive. A few instances of players making a bit more of a foul, but given the ref did not want to give us anything I can understand if you can;t beat em Join em attitude.Fulham give referees an easy time, even the head of referees has stated this which is why we always get rookie refs gettig their first premier games at craven cottage. Giraud refusing to go when sent off  yesterday should get an extra match ban.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Arthur on April 21, 2013, 11:42:06 AM
At least Karagounis was on the bench yesterday. He's the biggest play-actor we have. Have to say also that, even though Giroud's challenge was worthy of a sending off, Manolev's display of rolling around was uncalled for; don't like to see players pretending to be badly hurt when they're not.
What about managers overegging it after the event, lost a lot of respect for Wenger hearing his aftermatch speech about Arteta, it being a very bad injury, a bad sprain? how possible when he carried on playing for another 60 minutes, especially as he had Wilshere on the bench

sipwell

Quote from: Arthur on April 21, 2013, 11:42:06 AM

He was hit on the ankle. Since he had no reason to stay down (after all, we were 1-0 down), I think it was genuine pain/shock.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Wingnut

We have started play acting a lot more and it needs to stop. Overall, I thought we played well yesterday.

Speaking of cheats. Suarez is at it again. Tried to punch the ball clear and gave away a penalty and he just bit Ivanovic. Hope he gets a nice long ban for that.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Logicalman

Quote from: MasterHaynes on April 21, 2013, 11:54:45 AM
084.gifStrange time to post such an article on your perception of Fulham standards when we just witnessed the biggest cheaters at Craven cottage this season

Agreed, but LH's point wasn't about other teams, it was about when did FULHAM players start acting in this manner.

HatterDon

Quote from: Wingnut on April 21, 2013, 05:29:42 PM
We have started play acting a lot more and it needs to stop.

This is long-time feature of Continental football. The Italians were doing this 40+ years ago -- sideways passing, slowing the game down, falling like their appendix had just burst when an opponent breathes on them, counting on free-kick routines and penalties, conning the ref. For some reason, this sort of opera on grass is still considered wonderful, skillful, creative, Sexy Football in many quarters.

By contrast, fast attacking football featuring at least one true winger and a strong center forward, strong physical midfielders, and resolute defenders is considered unsophisticated and Neanderthal. I know I'm an oldie, but I don't particularly care for the turn our football has taken under this particular manager. I don't think we can count on him to discourage the diving. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ScalleysDad

Not wishing to hijack the tone of the thread but in the same way players have taken a turn for the worse when did we stop acknowledging the finer elements of the opposition. I might have missed it and therefore I blame my eyesight and talkative neighbours but have we stopped applauding the opposition keeper and substitutions when the player has put in a fair and honest shift? It used to be a stand out moment separating us from the riff raff.

Aldo

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 21, 2013, 08:02:33 PM
Not wishing to hijack the tone of the thread but in the same way players have taken a turn for the worse when did we stop acknowledging the finer elements of the opposition. I might have missed it and therefore I blame my eyesight and talkative neighbours but have we stopped applauding the opposition keeper and substitutions when the player has put in a fair and honest shift? It used to be a stand out moment separating us from the riff raff.

We still applaud the opposition keeper, but not necessarily the subs!

ScalleysDad

Fair enough then. I refer to my two cop outs.

Aldo

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 21, 2013, 08:29:50 PM
Fair enough then. I refer to my two cop outs.

Mind you, we then boo him if he doesn't applaud back!

L-Wizzy

if you dont go down you dont get the free kick in some cases, if there is contact you should go down to get the free kick
Twitter: @officialslimwiz

Aldo

Quote from: L-Wizzy on April 21, 2013, 09:03:49 PM
if you dont go down you dont get the free kick in some cases, if there is contact you should go down to get the free kick

Look at Ruiz against Chelsea. Tried to keep on his feet and ended up getting booked for diving!

Matt Inglis

I was very disappointed when Frei didn't succeed in his attempt to win a free-kick outside and to the left of the box. Ref waved his dive away, usually he gets those.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.