watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last 12 years in the premier league...

Started by DiegoFulham, April 21, 2013, 07:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

Who has been the most effective and most impressive player at the cottage in your eyes? I'd say Clint Dempsey or Brede Hangeland but not sure what others would say...

Your thoughts?
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Baider

MJG

The player who made us tick was Danny Murphy

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JackyFulham90

We've had some top players who done really well for us

Van Der Sar , Schwarzer
Finnan, Goma, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky
Malbranque, Boa Morte, Clark, Bullard, Murphy, Dempsey
Saha, McBride, Kamara

They are the players who contributed most to us staying up all this time

God The Mechanic

Don't think anyone could ever accuse Dembele of being overly "effective" :P  fantastic player though

SaltfordWhite

Goma is a great shout, but if we are talking impressive players then it would have to be VDS (although I rate Schwarzer almost as highly and the Aussie has certainly been our best signing) or a fit, young and on fire Louis Saha.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Jack Fulham

Peabody

I assume this question only apples to The Premiership? Shame if it is, because, over the years, we have had a load of players that fit this actor gory.

Rupert

Quote from: Peabody on April 21, 2013, 08:55:20 PM
I assume this question only apples to The Premiership? Shame if it is, because, over the years, we have had a load of players that fit this actor gory.

When it comes to actor gory, only Brian McBride really counts, given the number of times he got his head kicked in whilst going in harms way.  075.gif

It is a very good question to ask, actually, so kudos to Diego for asking it. Both Dempsey and Hangerland are good calls, but looking outside of Texas, Danny Murphy must be one of the most influential, his goal at Pompey is merely the icing on the cake. Louis Saha needed to have had more than half a season on top form to qualify, Bobby Zamora more than a season and a half. Simon Davies and Damian Duff, both have given excellent service, but are our perceptions of them coloured by their injury problems of late? Are the most effective those who got us established in the top flight in the first place? If so, the likes of Steed Malbranque must be in with a shout.

All in all, I would go along with Danny Murphy being our most influential, Dempsey the most impressive in terms of achievement over initial expectation and Hangerland must be most effective as his arrival coincided with our lot learning how to defend.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

bog

Without a doubt Danny Murphy. Would liked to have seen him in midfield trio with Johnny Haynes and Alan Mullery. 

HatterDon

I only can say what I saw in the last 7 or 8 seasons, but for me it's Cap'n' Danny. That's my unprejudiced pick.

Now, if you want my prejudiced pick, #1 would be Volzy and #2 would be Boa Morte.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jambo

Hangeland for me. Came when we were in dire straights, shored us up stayed up, finished in our highest position and then was key to getting its to a major euro final.  Now our captain
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

tommy

Malbranque and VDS for me. Steeeeeed was a class above everyone else we had at the time.

Lighthouse

This is another question whose answer changes with every thought process. But the player who could make me want to turn up and watch was Saha. A great player who really should have been even better and achieved more.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MasterHaynes

Quote from: HatterDon on April 21, 2013, 10:25:06 PM
I only can say what I saw in the last 7 or 8 seasons, but for me it's Cap'n' Danny. That's my unprejudiced pick.

Now, if you want my prejudiced pick, #1 would be Volzy and #2 would be Boa Morte.
:plus one:

The Bronsons

Captained us to a European final, scored the goal that kept us up. Honorable mentions to many, but Murphy's the man.

Travers Barney

We are the whites