more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Love Martin's honesty

Started by domprague, April 22, 2013, 10:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Agreed......
Now will Jol have the "bottle" to fine Sidwell 6 weeks wages for his crass stupidity?
Otherwise,@ this rate,Sidwell will only be available for a very limited number of matches next season!
It's hard enough for our team with 11 on the pitch never mind having to play with 10 on a regular basis

God The Mechanic

There re pretty serious limits on how much you can fine players I think.  Like when Tevez went on holiday last yea, City couldn't just be done with him and fine him the duration of his absence.

epsomraver

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on April 22, 2013, 10:16:43 AM
Agreed......
Now will Jol have the "bottle" to fine Sidwell 6 weeks wages for his crass stupidity?
Otherwise,@ this rate,Sidwell will only be available for a very limited number of matches next season!
It's hard enough for our team with 11 on the pitch never mind having to play with 10 on a regular basis

Fine him for what? trying too hard ? fp.gif

CurryForMario

I reckon fining him is a bit much - I can't see Sidwell attempting any challenges like that any time soon. He looked distraught walking off that pitch.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: epsomraver on April 22, 2013, 05:51:50 PM
Agreed......

Sidwell had just served a 3 match ban,returns & plays some 13 minutes - & "trys too hard" as you call it
He then gets himself sent off again,is no use for the rest of the match & the rest of the season
Leaves us with 10 men against one of the weakest Arsenal teams we will ever face - what a bright boy for "trying so hard"
Better he had engaged brain & thought about what he was trying to achieve before doing what he did
There was no sane reason for doing it & he knew the consequences
Do you really want him setting such an example to to others in the team?
Hopefully one or two of them will have taken him aside & let him know their true feelings about letting the side down
Or are you actually in favour us playing the opposition with 10 men on a regular basis?

Travers Barney

Sidwell despite that bad tackle is not an idiot....as a player he should and probably will be be embarrased that fans clapped him off the pitch after that lunge.

coyw
We are the whites

Lighthouse

I love Jols honesty. He is always honest about our lack of chances and our defensive errors and blaming Hugo for missing chances (but not Petric or Barbatov). So bloody honest but he never changes things to make them better.

Sidwell made a mistake. Something our players do all too often especially this season. Sidwell has been the standout midfield player so a bit silly to be too angry with his efforts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: CurryForMario on April 22, 2013, 06:22:46 PM
I reckon fining him is a bit much - I can't see Sidwell attempting any challenges like that any time soon. He looked distraught walking off that pitch.

Well, since a second red is a 4-match suspension and since we've got only four matches left, I'd say you're right.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on April 22, 2013, 05:51:50 PM
Agreed......

How about for showing improper conduct on the football field and showing absolute incompetence professionally by allowing himself to get two red cards in two games. The last person to do something as daft as that was Dion Dublin (in EPL, quote Talksport) so yes, I think living off his high salary and having his feet up is worth a fine. Otherwise you may as well encourage stupidity.

filham

Sidwell's punishment is that he will not now play for the rest of the season.He may well see Enoh establish himself in the midfield alongside Karagounis which could mean that he will start next season on the bench.

No need for a fine.

RaySmith

Sidwell should not, and I doubt if he will, get fined.

I don't think he has done anything wrong - he's probably tackling like always has - hard but - intending to be - fair. How many red cards has he received since he's been with us?

He is a combative player, usually within the rules, and this one of his strengths - why he is important to us.

Yes, he needs to be more careful in future - stay on his feet - but I would be appalled if he is subject to any disciplinary action by Fulham - the League punishment, and personal mortification, is enough.

leonffc

I would think he will pay a fine of some sort but it depends on Jols discipline procedures.

The tackle itself was high but not nasty. The way I saw it was that the ball was pinging about between a few players and as it came loose Sidwell had to adjust his feet and balance quickly to try and win the ball.
The result was a silly challenge and a red but on another day it could have been a yellow.
He may have cost us the game but I don't think he should be ostracised for it.

EJL

I like Jol, but I didn't like how he used the 'he's not that sort of player' line during his post-match interview. I'm glad he has changed his tune.

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 22, 2013, 11:26:46 PM
So bloody honest but he never changes things to make them better.

He has made changes to try to improve the team all along. (Indeed, I've seen others on here complain that he makes too many; whatever he does, he just can't please some people, can he?)

Just not the changes you want him to make, clearly.  

Lighthouse

Quote from: Arthur on April 23, 2013, 12:57:25 PM

He has made changes to try to improve the team all along. (Indeed, I've seen others on here complain that he makes too many; whatever he does, he just can't please some people, can he?)

No he hasn't. He only makes changes when he has to. In the setting up of the team he plays the same way until injury causes him to change things around. Even the Ruiz behind Berbatov with two wide players has only worked a few times. Yet we persist with it. Clearly some people are happy with what has been too many poor displays from talented players.

mangoputney

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2013, 03:42:57 PM

No he hasn't. He only makes changes when he has to. In the setting up of the team he plays the same way until injury causes him to change things around. Even the Ruiz behind Berbatov with two wide players has only worked a few times. Yet we persist with it. Clearly some people are happy with what has been too many poor displays from talented players.

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Arthur

Riether for Kelly; Karagounis for Baird; Senderos for Hughes; Richardson for Riise; introducing Kacaniklic into the team; dropping Kacaniklic and moving Duff to the left flank to accommodate Dejagah; Enoh ahead of Karagounis on Saturday.

Not one of these changes was due to injury, whereas the only example you proffer is Jol's insistence on playing Ruiz and Berbatov.

As I said before, just not the change you want him to make.

FFC1987

Quote from: Arthur on April 23, 2013, 05:40:16 PM

Riether for Kelly; Karagounis for Baird; Senderos for Hughes; Richardson for Riise; introducing Kacaniklic into the team; dropping Kacaniklic and moving Duff to the left flank to accommodate Dejagah; Enoh ahead of Karagounis on Saturday.

Not one of these changes was due to injury, whereas the only example you proffer is Jol's insistence on playing Ruiz and Berbatov.

As I said before, just not the change you want him to make.

+1

Lighthouse

This is a  joke isn't it? Changing players who were not ever first team players in the positions they were in for old men brought in on free transfer and non contract? Richardson for Riise for the odd game? The only genuine change is Senderos for Hughes. Yeah that has been a great success.

I am sorry but the changes are not tactical and only forced on him. Except for Senderos for Hughes. It really does seem to me that some fans over do their support for him when the best they can come up with is Karagounis for Baird who was never ever a midfield player. Reither for Kelly, who hardly ever started. Come on. It seems to me you will be putting down changes  that Jol makes when  it is overcast and drizzly and not hot and barmy.

If that is the best you can profer than we will just have to agree to disagree. Duff moving to the other wing because we have a better and faster player in Dejagah. It is the sort of thing one does on a playstation Fifa thingy. Not that I know what that is. But hardly tactical or clever.