News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so there basically gone ( Qpr , Reading and Villa ) who would you take?

Started by Sammyffc, April 22, 2013, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Quote from: sipwell on April 23, 2013, 11:02:24 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on April 23, 2013, 10:10:24 AM

Benteké is a v.v.good player but, with berba and ruiz, maybe not the sort of striker we need right now...

A strong attacker who can hold onto the ball and always runs forward to be in the box and score goals... we don't need that? I think that is exactly what we need. It would relieve the pressure on Ruiz (he would have someone to play to) and make our dependence on Berbatov for goals less big.

Don't think we can afford him though!

I can't disagree with your logic, but I struggle to put a formation in place, that isn't too narrow and slow, to accomodate Benteke, Berba and Ruiz. That's not to say Benteke isn't a fantastic player, that we'd be lucky to get, but our current team may not be able to get the best out of him..

As for 'a strong attacker who can hold onto the ball', isn't that what Berba and Ruiz already do? That's why I'd prefer Remy; a quick, clinical finisher who makes intelligent runs and opens up spaces.

But as you say, we couldn't afford him anyway, so it's elementary.

Jimpav

Have we signed anyone directly from a relegated PL side in recent years? The only player I can think of is Duff when Newcastle went down.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Jimpav on April 23, 2013, 01:16:40 PM
Have we signed anyone directly from a relegated PL side in recent years? The only player I can think of is Duff when Newcastle went down.

Would you count Reither? Cologne were relegated, and we picked him straight up...

Also, didn't we pick up Zoltan after West Brom's disasterous, foot-of-the-table, prem season?

RidgeRider

per the media, Remy is being sought by Tottenham, Liverpool, and Arsenal, and that his release clause amount is 8M. 5 goals in 10 appearances for a side that is struggling. Not bad really.

Thing is I think he would find it hard to get a game with those sides. We would be a better option for him but for some reason I'm finding it slightly challenging to get excited about a player who recently wore a QPR kit.

Forever Fulham

Guzan in a heartbeat (if Villa goes down).  Weimann.  And, hmmm, good question.

Sammyffc

Guzan

Riether Brede Vlaar Richardson/Fabio

Weiiman Sidders Enoh Kaca

Ruiz

Berba

hmm

Sammyffc

or

Skeltenburg ( Cant Spell )

Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson

Dejagah Sidders Enoh Weiiman/Kaca/Mesca

Remy Berba

My apologies on the first one , forgot about ashkan !

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hongkongfulham

would take granero for sure, think he could suit the creative CM role we are looking for

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on April 24, 2013, 04:40:06 AM
No Guzan at Fulham. No Guzan at Fulham

Still on the anti-American kick Don??

No matter. Guzan's had a whale of a season despite the adversity. Talk about baptism of fire.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

He's had a brilliant season, is the only reason that Villa still have a chance of survival, and -- for my money -- should be starting for the USA this summer instead of Tim Howard.

And, yes. I don't want him here because he's American.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on April 24, 2013, 03:35:09 PM
He's had a brilliant season, is the only reason that Villa still have a chance of survival, and -- for my money -- should be starting for the USA this summer instead of Tim Howard.

And, yes. I don't want him here because he's American.

I agree that Howard shouldn't be the unquestioned starter on the U.S. squad. Klinsmann should have a real competition there. If not, he's done a disservice to the team.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 22, 2013, 08:45:57 PM
Unless QPR's players are willing to take a pay cut, all but Remy and Cesar will likely be playing in the Championship next season. The players that I'd take from that roster Fulham probably wouldn't afford. Redknapp Hughes and Fernandes have really done a number on that club.

Their fans must be looking a Pompey right now wondering how long before they'll be in the same position.

I'd take Guzan from Villa. They would've been resigned to relegation long ago if not for him and Benteke.

@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

EJL

Quote from: Sammyffc on April 22, 2013, 09:19:56 PM
guzan is a good shout , good keeper on his day , however jol would rather look abroad . also , townsend would be a awesome addition. spurs will never let him go though
Townsend is a younger version of Jason Puncheon.

EJL

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: DiegoFulham on April 24, 2013, 05:32:16 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 22, 2013, 08:45:57 PM
Unless QPR's players are willing to take a pay cut, all but Remy and Cesar will likely be playing in the Championship next season. The players that I'd take from that roster Fulham probably wouldn't afford. Redknapp Hughes and Fernandes have really done a number on that club.

Their fans must be looking a Pompey right now wondering how long before they'll be in the same position.

I'd take Guzan from Villa. They would've been resigned to relegation long ago if not for him and Benteke.

Quite right. My apologies to Sparky for forgetting his contributions.

Wingnut

I would take Benteke, McCarthy & Remy. Not big on Kone; he reminds me of Hugo, who hasn't exactly proven to be a good acquisition.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Joe McDonald

Picking the bones of their seasons, these players deserve more of a shot at playing in the Premiership, imo...

Aston Villa:
Lowton
Bannan
Benteke
Weimann

QPR:
Remy
Granero

Wigan:
Gomez
Maloney

MontenegroWhite

Benteke or Remy.

Well, I wouldn't mind Cesar to replace Mark if he leaves. And Samba would add a little bit of straight and robust in our soft defense. But their wage would be a big problem.