more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

happy st georges day

Started by fulhamben, April 23, 2013, 12:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

to all my fellow english fulham supporters out there 082.gif
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ron

Why, I feel a Quote from Cecil Rhodes coming on as we "Old Sods" sons of St George claim bragging rights for one day out of the year...

"......Now think of the odds there are against anyone having those three things to be born an Englishman, to be over forty, and to have a clean, healthy body. Why, the chances are enormous against it, and yet you have all three. What enormous chances there are against you having drawn all these prizes in the lottery of life, and yet you never think of them."                                                                                                         
                                                                                                       Cecil Rhodes, addressing Lord Grey

Here's to us !  082.gif

St Eve

MOR :

Happy St George's Day to all FOFers...

If anyones down The Willoughby Arms Kingston tonight celebrating...Then I'll see you there...Beer Festival, Morris Dancers (one's a Fulham Fan), Pie n'mash and a bloody good sing song...

fulhamben

Quote from: MOR : on April 23, 2013, 01:38:37 PM

If anyones down The Willoughby Arms Kingston tonight celebrating...Then I'll see you there...Beer Festival, Morris Dancers (one's a Fulham Fan), Pie n'mash and a bloody good sing song...
stuff like this should be advertised before the actual day its happening. would have popped in for a pint if i had notice. damn comitted to other things now
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MOR :

Quote from: fulhamben on April 23, 2013, 01:46:16 PM
Quote from: MOR : on April 23, 2013, 01:38:37 PM

stuff like this should be advertised before the actual day its happening. would have popped in for a pint if i had notice. damn comitted to other things now

Shame that "fulhamben"... Rick the Landlord puts this on every year...in fact he puts loads of this stuff on...have a read...
http://www.thewilloughbyarms.com/2.html

beijing ben

Burt

Doesn't feel right to celebrate with what looks like a pint of Guiness...but here goes:

:beer:

Mr-ska

I saw St George's Flag, fluttering from a mast, It waved in recognition to the glories of the past. It beckoned to the future, & seemed to say aloud, 'If you should be An Englishman Look Up. . . My son. . . Be proud, Let Hope still be your anvil & Courage be your forge. . . &, come what may let men still say . . . THANK GOD FOR ELIZABETH, ENGLAND &, ST GEORGE. (Happy St George's Day)

ron

....And here's another favourite...

Home Thoughts, from Abroad

by Robert Browning

Oh, to be in England
Now that April's there,
And whoever wakes in England
Sees, some morning, unaware,
That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
In England -now!

And after April, when May follows,
And the whitethroat builds, and all the swallows!
Hark, where my blossomed pear-tree in the hedge
Leans to the field and scatters on the clover
Blossoms and dewdrops -at the bent spray's edge -
That's the wise thrush; he sings each song twice over,
Lest you should think he never could recapture
The first fine careless rapture!
And though the fields look rough with hoary dew,
All will be gay when noontide wakes anew
The buttercups, the little children's dower
- Far brighter than this gaudy melon-flower!

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mungos beans

A Greek in a roman army ,,,yes very English

CanadianCottager

Sant Jordi as they call him in Barcelona was certainly not on his city's side today.