watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A worry this summer

Started by JackyFulham90, April 23, 2013, 02:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I know It's been brought up a few times but it got me thinking about who is actually contracted to us for next season, there could be so many changes for us again which won't be good as we have already wasted this season finding a new way to play. The players contracted to us next season are

Stockdale

Hughes , Hangeland , Senderos , Riise , Briggs , Richardson

Dejagah , Duff , Mesca , Sidwell , Kacaniklic , Frei , Kasami

Ruiz , Rodallega , Berbatov

That's a big problem, will be a hugely active summer for us, I hope we get it right as we really didn't push on from our 9th place finish from last season

BarryP

I looked at contract status on Fulhamusa a couple of weeks ago on the following post.

http://www.fulhamusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=898

What are your thoughts on who will be back beyond the end of the season? These contract dates may or may not be entirely accurate.

17 players under contact beyond 2013 or unknown

Goalkeepers
13 David Stockdale - Summer 2015 - At least one of Stockdale or Ethridge will not return. The other may not as well.
38 Neil Etheridge - ? - At least one of Stockdale or Ethridge will not return. The other may not as well.

Defenders
3 John Arne Riise - Summer 2014 - Leaves only if a direct replacement if found.
4 Philippe Senderos - Summer 2014 - In the squad.
18 Aaron Hughes - Summer 2014 - Depends on Hughes desire to be favored for a starting position and the clubs desire to move for a younger defender.
5 Brede Hangeland - Summer 2015 - In the squad.
17 Matthew Briggs - ? - It may be time for Briggs to seek work elsewhere.

Midfielders
7 Steve Sidwell - Summer 2014 - In the squad.
16 Damien Duff - Summer 2014 - In the squad.
31 Alexander Kačaniklić - Summer 2014 - There is a small chance that either Frei of Kaca will be sold.
8 Pajtim Kasami - Summer 2015 - In the squad.Likely transfered.
15 Kieran Richardson - Summer 2015 - In the squad.
21 Kerim Frei - Summer 2015 - There is a small chance that either Frei of Kaca will be sold.
24 Ashkan Dejagah - Summer 2015 - In the squad.

Forwards
9 Dimitar Berbatov - Summer 2014 - In the squad.
11 Bryan Ruiz - Summer 2015 - In the squad.
20 Hugo Rodallega - Summer 2015 - More likely than Berba or Ruiz but I think the odds are slim.

12 players with contacts ending in 2013 with or without an option

Goalkeepers
1 Mark Schwarzer Mark Schwarzer - Summer 2013 - More likely than not to return. Flip a coin.
22 Csaba Somogyi - Summer 2013 - If he wants to play he will leave.

Defenders
27 Sascha Riether - Summer 2013 - Probability to return is very high.
6 Chris Baird - Summer 2013 - Expect a replacement.
25 Stanislav Manolev - Summer 2013 - Entirely up to the club. Fulham may be looking for a new left back and Manolev could be the roster spot if it is not a midfielder.

Midfielders
12 Emmanuel Frimpong - Summer 2013 - Jol seems to like him. Frimpong won't want to come off the bench. I am skeptical.
14 Giorgos Karagounis - Summer 2013 - I think the club will offer one year.
19 Mahamadou Diarra - Summer 2013 - Expect a replacement.
28 Urby Emanuelson - Summer 2013 - Expect a replacement.
29 Simon Davies - Summer 2013 - Expect a replacement.
33 Eyong Enoh - Summer 2013 - With the number of midfielders needed I am guessing this option will be exercised for numbers.

Forwards
10 Mladen Petrić - Summer 2013 - Expect a replacement. I like Petric but I doubt he will want to sit behind Berbatov.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BarryP

I have revised my opinion on Schwarzer that if the Board can get a younger long-term keeper in to compete for the #1 position that he will not be here next season.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

King_Crud

I tend not to worry in the summer, there's enough worrying during the football season thankyou very much

Admin

This is a big season coming up for Fulham and Martin Jol. It's not as if we've haven't found out what the impact was losing both the D's and if the club honestly think they can limp through another season with that makeshift midfield, then they are absolutely bonkers!

The excuse about this season being a transition season is running a bit thin now. This is will be Martins 3rd year in charge and by now, he should know who he wants to keep, who he wants to let go and what players he wants in this summer.

OK, he's not going to get all of his targets, but he should be able to sit down with the club early and draw up a list, if it hasn't already been drawn up. I'll be a bit annoyed if we don't start our summer shopping early.

The club never backed Martin in January, don't know why, maybe they thought we could be on the way down or Martin simply wasn't the man for the job. But still, they have now extended his contract, he's here to stay, love or hate the guy, and I fully expect them to back him financially. Again, if they don't, they are bonkers!

If next season doesn't start off to well, I can see one or the other parting company.  

MJG

Quote from: Admin on April 23, 2013, 03:22:32 PM
The excuse about this season being a transition season is running a bit thin now. This is will be Martins 3rd year in charge and by now, he should know who he wants to keep, who he wants to let go and what players he wants in this summer.  
Thats how I see it as well. If a Manager is able to have two full seasons by the time the third one comes round enough contracts have lapsed, players signed & sold, youngsters brought in, to say this is his team.
Against Chelsea at one stage 8 of the players on the pitch were his.

Its his team, yes he lost D&D but what people forget is that Danny had left and I saw nothing to say he was trying to bring in someone for him.
We were starting the season with Dembele/Diarra & Sidwell with possibly Baird competing for the two CM places. We Always needed a fourth CM, be him a starter or squad player.

God The Mechanic

There's a difference between it being "his team" and a team of players he's signed, in my opinion.  It's getting closer to his team, granted, but I still think there's a fair portion of the team that he wouldn't have necessarily chosen as players he'd want to play as many games as they have this year.

MJG

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 23, 2013, 04:00:19 PM
There's a difference between it being "his team" and a team of players he's signed, in my opinion.  It's getting closer to his team, granted, but I still think there's a fair portion of the team that he wouldn't have necessarily chosen as players he'd want to play as many games as they have this year.
I dont agree, in the end a manager picks players and its his decision if they are signed or not really. I know at some clubs coaches have players thrust upon them I dont see that at Fulham.
Ok you buy players for the first team or squad, and sometimes injurys or other reasons mean that some play more than they should, but thats always been the case.
he has given extensions to a large number of the squad, they are his players. If your the manager and you dont rate Senderos (just an example calm down the SDL before you all get hot under the collar) why sign him on for another year.
I doubt any manager in any team in the world has the exact lineup he wants and we are no different.

I also question is Jol close to the team he wants. he's 2 CM's at least away and I can't really believe he does not think we need another CB or striker(backup or first choice)

Roberty

Quote from: Admin on April 23, 2013, 03:22:32 PM

The club never backed Martin in January, don't know why, maybe they thought we could be on the way down or Martin simply wasn't the man for the job. But still, they have now extended his contract, he's here to stay, love or hate the guy, and I fully expect them to back him financially. Again, if they don't, they are bonkers!

If next season doesn't start off to well, I can see one or the other parting company.  

What ever gave you that idea?

As far as I am aware we had transfers arranged for both Huddleston and Stekelenburg before their clubs pulled out just before the transfer window closed. It was well reported that Stekelenburg was actually on a flight to London when AS Roma changed their mind.

He's also been here to stay for a long time because the one extra year option in his contract was activated before Christmas.

I have never seen him as being in any danger and after the loss of Woy and the Welshman in the space of 12 months I am sure that the board will be looking for a period of stability. Jol may not have the dynamism of a younger manager but he's done the rounds and I would be sure that Berbatov, and possible some of the others, would not be playing at the Cottage if he'd not been here.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Admin

Quote from: MJG on April 23, 2013, 04:12:45 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 23, 2013, 04:00:19 PM
I dont agree, in the end a manager picks players and its his decision if they are signed or not really. I know at some clubs coaches have players thrust upon them I dont see that at Fulham.
Ok you buy players for the first team or squad, and sometimes injurys or other reasons mean that some play more than they should, but thats always been the case.
he has given extensions to a large number of the squad, they are his players. If your the manager and you dont rate Senderos (just an example calm down the SDL before you all get hot under the collar) why sign him on for another year.
I doubt any manager in any team in the world has the exact lineup he wants and we are no different.

I also question is Jol close to the team he wants. he's 2 CM's at least away and I can't really believe he does not think we need another CB or striker(backup or first choice)

We lack in quite a few area's, not just 2 CM's. I think we need a younger, proven goalkeeper, a good central defender to pair with H and another striker and a right back. On top of this, Reither needs to be signed permanently and a couple of the youth players upgraded to the first team. Like I said, this is going to be a big season for Martin Jol.

Riverside

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 23, 2013, 02:42:42 PM
I know It's been brought up a few times but it got me thinking about who is actually contracted to us for next season, there could be so many changes for us again which won't be good as we have already wasted this season finding a new way to play. The players contracted to us next season are

Stockdale

Hughes , Hangeland , Senderos , Riise , Briggs , Richardson

Dejagah , Duff , Mesca , Sidwell , Kacaniklic , Frei , Kasami

Ruiz , Rodallega , Berbatov

That's a big problem, will be a hugely active summer for us, I hope we get it right as we really didn't push on from our 9th place finish from last season

Looking at this list it is not such a disaster.
And you have excluded any possible new graduates from the Academy

Only really missing
1) a RB . And either Reither or Manolev are likely to stay if not both
2) a CM - ideally 2 . Jol and the board are well aware of this. I would personally like Enoch to stay if possible.

All other activity will be strengthening and improving the squad . Which I think we will do .
The glass is half full.

alfie

As usual on this site we jump to or make assumptions, and to be honest that is all we can do as we have no idea what the club have in mind, what targets MJ would like to attract, there may well be somethings in place that cannot be revealed at this time. This season has not even finished yet and i for one have no intention of worrying about what will happen next season, in fact i have no intention of worrying whatsoever, nothing i can do about it.

I get so fed up with "we should get this player or that player",

1. MJ has to stick within the financial constraints the club have
2. Any player MJ wants has to want to come here.
3. We are not going to attract big money signings.

That of course is purely my assumption/opinion
:54:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

At least we won't lose Dempsey and Dembele this summer! Our season has been pretty crap so no one will poach our players. Anyone we let go is because we wanted to let them go. Our squad can only really get stronger.