watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fulham under 18s 2 palace 1

Started by fulhamben, April 24, 2013, 03:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Full-time at Motspur Park and our U18s secure a valuable 2-1 victory over Palace with Tankovic and Hyndman with the goals
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on April 24, 2013, 03:04:44 PM
Full-time at Motspur Park and our U18s secure a valuable 2-1 victory over Palace with Tankovic and Hyndman with the goals

Are Fulham in position to win anything at this level? I see and read some of the game reports and tweets, but haven't paid much attention to that league.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Tankovic seems to be banging them in for all teams! Reckon he will make it to our firsts in the next 2 years?

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 24, 2013, 03:45:37 PM
Tankovic seems to be banging them in for all teams! Reckon he will make it to our firsts in the next 2 years?
Nope..the standard FOF rule is if your young and scoring loads of goals it means nothing.
get him on loan first to a BSPL team then a lge 1 or 2 team, then a championship team and by the time he 24/25 we might give him a chance. But only if he has a goalscoring record of 2 goals in 50 games because that means his allround play is top notch.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on April 24, 2013, 03:57:14 PM
Nope..the standard FOF rule is if your young and scoring loads of goals it means nothing.
get him on loan first to a BSPL team then a lge 1 or 2 team, then a championship team and by the time he 24/25 we might give him a chance. But only if he has a goalscoring record of 2 goals in 50 games because that means his allround play is top notch.

I sense sarcasm....;) I agree with the sentiment but giving him a chance as a sub etc for experience wouldn't go a miss.

Jambo

Must have 20-30 goals this season.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

elgreenio

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 24, 2013, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 24, 2013, 03:04:44 PM

Are Fulham in position to win anything at this level? I see and read some of the game reports and tweets, but haven't paid much attention to that league.

yes but will be very tough. We play United and Everton who we could easily lose to, with Reading also in the mix. Could potentially lose both and be out.

Will all be a bit of luck but best thing that could happen is the u21 league finishing this week so Woodrow will be able to rediscover his partnership with Tankovic.

Only counting u18 games, Tank has 18 goals in 24, Woodrow 14 in 12 and Dembele 13 in 15.
touch my camera through the fence

David Allen Crankshaw

If we win one of our last two games then we should be league winners. If that was the case then Reading would be the only team that could catch us and they would have to win their last four games.

cmg

Quote from: elgreenio on April 24, 2013, 04:32:11 PM

Only counting u18 games, Tank has 18 goals in 24, Woodrow 14 in 12 and Dembele 13 in 15.

Thanks for that info. Pretty impressive (I believe Woodrow has at least 4 for the u21s).

You would know much better than me, but I seem to think that Trotta's strike rate was just as good (if not better) when he was an u18. From what little I have seen I would say that Woodrow has a better all-round game, although not such a clinical finisher.

Woodrow has developed physically this year and both Tankovic and Dembele are quite frightening for their age. It seems that Tankovic is very much in Jol's sights, but would you think that Dembele is the best prospect of the three?

alexbishop

good interview with Tank over on vivaelfulham...cocky bastard but he has been training with first team and has stated he wants to move from u18s straight to first team...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Jambo

Dembele is only 16!!!  He is built like a .........  Been said before but this crop is very exciting.  Roberts too only 16.

Would like to see Tankovic on the bench before the season is out.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on April 24, 2013, 03:57:14 PM

Thanks, senor. You just saved me the task of saying the same thing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

elgreenio

Quote from: cmg on April 24, 2013, 06:19:05 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on April 24, 2013, 04:32:11 PM

Thanks for that info. Pretty impressive (I believe Woodrow has at least 4 for the u21s).

You would know much better than me, but I seem to think that Trotta's strike rate was just as good (if not better) when he was an u18. From what little I have seen I would say that Woodrow has a better all-round game, although not such a clinical finisher.

Woodrow has developed physically this year and both Tankovic and Dembele are quite frightening for their age. It seems that Tankovic is very much in Jol's sights, but would you think that Dembele is the best prospect of the three?

pretty much spot on, Woodrow must have put on a good few kg's of muscle this summer and has a lot more to his game than Trotta had at the same age. Honestly not sure who is the better prospect in that group, they're all very different players but Woodrow and Tankovic compliment each other well so they almost make each other look better than they are.
touch my camera through the fence

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I saw on the back of the programme against Arsenal and Chelsea that Tankovic and Grimmer were handed first team numbers so it means they could get a chance before the end of the season...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!