watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Intresting

Started by fulhaman, April 26, 2013, 02:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhaman

Anyone seen this. Thing we could get him to stay after reading this. That would be great as we may have our next Dem.

Urby Emanuelson believes Fulham's performances in the defeats by London rivals Chelsea and Arsenal last week can give them confidence ahead of the final four games of the Barclays Premier League season.

Two spirited displays by the Whites yielded zero points but our on-loan midfielder took an optimistic approach when reviewing the matches.

"They were two difficult games because Arsenal and Chelsea are two top teams," Urby told fulhamfc.com. "Against Chelsea we played well in the beginning but then when we conceded the goal it had an impact on the team. We didn't come out of that and we lost the game.

"Against Arsenal, I think it was a positive match for us – we were one man down after 12 minutes so it was a tough game but I think we fought it like heroes.

"We worked for every yard on the pitch but the bad thing was that, again, we conceded a goal from a set-piece. We created a lot of chances with 10 men so that was really positive but we were missing a little bit of luck to score a goal."

Things don't get much easier for Fulham with a trip to Everton on Saturday, but Emanuelson has faith in his side's ability as they go in search of their first-ever Premier League points at Goodison Park.

"Everton are doing well and they're still hoping to get into Europe so it will not be an easy game," he admitted. "After two defeats we really want to get a good result but we know that they're a strong team.

"But Everton know it will not be an easy game for them, either, and that's also the case for us. I'm looking forward to it - the team is very positive because we played well against Arsenal and now it's time to get a good result again.

"I think we've played very well in our matches away from home. Of course it will not be easy, but we have good tactics and we know how to play. We know what we can expect from each other, so the team is growing. Everton are a good team now – they are in shape – but we believe we're capable of coming away with a good result."

After beginning his career with the Whites on the bench following his January arrival on loan from AC Milan, Emanuelson has worked his way into Martin Jol's line-up of late, starting the last three Fulham matches.

He's impressed, too. After showing glimpses of his undoubted skill at Aston Villa, he caused Chelsea and Arsenal all manner of problems in front of the Cottage faithful, and the Dutchman expressed his delight with how his time at the Club is progressing.

"I'm enjoying it here," he said. "London is a nice city and Fulham is a great football club – it's very warm, everybody is positive, everyone has helped me a lot.

"Now I'm finding my way, I'm starting the matches so I'm happy here and hopefully I can go on in the last four games of the season. I'd like to get a goal and end the season on a good note and then we'll see what happens in the summer.

"I just want to perform well and show everyone at Fulham my qualities. I'm happy here – it's good to play here and it's a nice team. Also, the stadium and the fans are fantastic, so I just want to show them my quality."

fulhaman

Anyone seen this. Thing we could get him to stay after reading this. That would be great as we may have our next Dem.

Urby Emanuelson believes Fulham's performances in the defeats by London rivals Chelsea and Arsenal last week can give them confidence ahead of the final four games of the Barclays Premier League season.

Two spirited displays by the Whites yielded zero points but our on-loan midfielder took an optimistic approach when reviewing the matches.

"They were two difficult games because Arsenal and Chelsea are two top teams," Urby told fulhamfc.com. "Against Chelsea we played well in the beginning but then when we conceded the goal it had an impact on the team. We didn't come out of that and we lost the game.

"Against Arsenal, I think it was a positive match for us – we were one man down after 12 minutes so it was a tough game but I think we fought it like heroes.

"We worked for every yard on the pitch but the bad thing was that, again, we conceded a goal from a set-piece. We created a lot of chances with 10 men so that was really positive but we were missing a little bit of luck to score a goal."

Things don't get much easier for Fulham with a trip to Everton on Saturday, but Emanuelson has faith in his side's ability as they go in search of their first-ever Premier League points at Goodison Park.

"Everton are doing well and they're still hoping to get into Europe so it will not be an easy game," he admitted. "After two defeats we really want to get a good result but we know that they're a strong team.

"But Everton know it will not be an easy game for them, either, and that's also the case for us. I'm looking forward to it - the team is very positive because we played well against Arsenal and now it's time to get a good result again.

"I think we've played very well in our matches away from home. Of course it will not be easy, but we have good tactics and we know how to play. We know what we can expect from each other, so the team is growing. Everton are a good team now – they are in shape – but we believe we're capable of coming away with a good result."

After beginning his career with the Whites on the bench following his January arrival on loan from AC Milan, Emanuelson has worked his way into Martin Jol's line-up of late, starting the last three Fulham matches.

He's impressed, too. After showing glimpses of his undoubted skill at Aston Villa, he caused Chelsea and Arsenal all manner of problems in front of the Cottage faithful, and the Dutchman expressed his delight with how his time at the Club is progressing.

"I'm enjoying it here," he said. "London is a nice city and Fulham is a great football club – it's very warm, everybody is positive, everyone has helped me a lot.

"Now I'm finding my way, I'm starting the matches so I'm happy here and hopefully I can go on in the last four games of the season. I'd like to get a goal and end the season on a good note and then we'll see what happens in the summer.

"I just want to perform well and show everyone at Fulham my qualities. I'm happy here – it's good to play here and it's a nice team. Also, the stadium and the fans are fantastic, so I just want to show them my quality."

jelmo

Doubt he will be staying here. 3 possible things will happen:

1) Milan Want him back
2) He continues to play well for the remainder of the season and then signs for Reading (like Pog) while we sign a 30+ year old on a free
3) His standard of play fizzles out in the last few games and we wont want to buy him.

I should be more positive on a Friday so...

4) he plays amazing football for the remainder of the season and we buy him on the cheap on a 4 year contract.

timmyg

Think his agent is using us a stepping stone. He'll probably end up at some lower CL level club. Enjoy him while we can.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

EJL

Quote from: URBYTHEN WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE SUMMER.

Even if he said that for the sake of it, that's all I wanted to hear  049:gif

epsomraver

Do you really think he wrote that? All the players comments come from the same person have the same sound bites and definitely not written by individual players.

Burt

The marketing department have been very busy recently...  :dft011: