watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match Thread

Started by Bassey the warrior, April 27, 2013, 02:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

If Berbatov does not score then I cant seen anyone else doing so. I really would like to know what we practice during the week as this could be around the 15th game of the season where we have less than two shots on target....we honestly are so lucky we won against spurs.

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: cottage cheese on April 27, 2013, 04:18:50 PM
If Berbatov does not score then I cant seen anyone else doing so. I really would like to know what we practice during the week as this could be around the 15th game of the season where we have less than two shots on target....we honestly are so lucky we won against spurs.

We can thank our very good start of season for not having to look forward to championship next season.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Lighthouse

We offer nothing in the last third.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cottage cheese

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 27, 2013, 04:24:49 PM
We offer nothing in the last third.

we have offered nothing at all in the majority of games this season. We dont shoot, we dont attack with pace we dont push teams back etc. Its been so boring and frustrating watching us play this seaon that I really dont see the point with what Jol is doing as I cannot see any results/progress under him.

hesedmedia

Woke up late here in the US, what happened to Berba? Injury or voluntarily subbed?

sunburywhite

Quote from: hesedmedia on April 27, 2013, 04:30:12 PM
Woke up late here in the US, what happened to Berba? Injury or voluntarily subbed?

He got fed up playing for Jol
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ordar

Although Jol is bringing some quality players into the club (although the majority are on loan) the tactics, especially going forwards are non existent.

There is no point playing with wide players if we're not going to cross the ball and when that happens without getting people into the box. The style of football we're playing reminds me of how Wilkins had us playing in Division 2. All sideways and backwards

cottage cheese

Quote from: Ordar on April 27, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Although Jol is bringing some quality players into the club (although the majority are on loan) the tactics, especially going forwards are non existent.

There is no point playing with wide players if we're not going to cross the ball and when that happens without getting people into the box. The style of football we're playing reminds me of how Wilkins had us playing in Division 2. All sideways and backwards

thats our problem i feel. We have attracted the players but I dont think Jol has worked out a system thats consistent enough, we are so hot and cold that I feel we need a lot of changes iin the summer

SP

One positive, we're on course for our best result at Goodison in years...

ScalleysDad

I suppose the post match conference will touch on injuries forcing plan z into action which hadn't actually been practised and I suppose from 'our' perspective we are getting what we have been calling for. Petric on for more than ten minutes and the show pony off. The Ruiz debate of earlier in the week could take on a few twists if resurrected tonight.
I renewed my ST last night to encourage the one next to me being freed up from the staff perk list. As Lighthouse has said where did the pre season promises go. Orange is the new black. My arse!!!!

rusty shackleford

love this is so bad. I cant watch

Humbled

Going 4ward I hope we sign a striker with pace and a number 10... Ruiz is poor! I know he has a lot of supporters on here and on his day he is decent (not amazing) but the problem I have with him is his day comes 1 in 10.
He is too slow, requires too much time on the ball and loses it far to easy

Classic94

Abysmal in the final third. No penetration or urgency.

Ordar

Yeah I've given up on Ruiz aswell. He doesnt offer enough and cant seem to play wide, which is where I would play him (and where he played for Twente)

Still dont rate Kaca either

God The Mechanic

Osman should have been booked a while back, so that should be his second yellow.

Not that it'd make much of a difference today.

hesedmedia

I think it's an issue that we have no pace thought the middle. Our quickest wide men (relatively speaking), have no targets if they break with pace, so they pull it back and wait for the rest to catch up. I think the idea behind Hugo coming on is to solve that problem, but his first touch has been quite poor so that hasn't really come off this season. When Berba's on, and if he stays forward, he helps a bit because his touch is so good that the ball can be driven to him at pace, allowing more of a time advantage over the defenders.

I'd really like to see Kaca left, frei middle, duff right with Berba up front for a game. I feel if we can get some pace moving around berbatov, we might see some good things happen.

Ordar

What annoys me is that Everton havent even played well. We've just offered nothing. I've said the same several times this season

cottage cheese

Quote from: Ordar on April 27, 2013, 04:47:59 PM
What annoys me is that Everton havent even played well. We've just offered nothing. I've said the same several times this season

they still have managed 16 shots compared to our 4. Regardless of how well they have played etc at least they are having a go. We must have had the lowest amount of shots in each game this season surely? I really find it boring watching us at the moment

mangoputney

Quote from: Ordar on April 27, 2013, 04:47:59 PM

Everton been professional, despite players dropping like there's a sniper in the terraces and Osman somehow staying on

We are a very mediocre, bland team, reckon 3 pts a must next week now, we should have been safe weeks ago
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Ordar

Did Howard make a save? I really cant remember one