Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Administration to follow.

Great stadium for the old 3rd Division.

Fulham76

Quote from: SP on April 27, 2013, 05:48:05 PM
Wolverhampton Wanderers.

QPR this time next season, (except for the great stadium part - couldn't get much worse than their dump). And they certainly will have administration to follow - 18 months max

domprague

I've never met a Wolves supporter I liked so I'm delighted.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

DJinNJ

Quote from: domprague on April 28, 2013, 04:10:01 PM
I've never met a Wolves supporter I liked so I'm delighted.

I've never met a Wolves supporter at all, but based on their behavior yesterday I'd say your experience probably isn't just a statistical oddity.

Not to mention the way they played when they were in the PL and and the way the club is run. Sacking McCarthy without a replacement was quite absurd -- say what you will about Reading and Southampton but at least they had someone with experience lined up when they sacked their managers -- and seemed like a knee jerk response to a heavy derby defeat, coming one day after losing to West Brom (5-1 or something like that). Turns out West Brom are a decent side, and McCarthy was still on course to survive with a squad that turned out to be a below average Championship side (plus Jarvis and Fletcher). And the fans, as I said I've never personally known one, but my sense is that they think they are too big to be in the third tier based on what happened 50 or more years ago. I didn't get the sense that they were up in arms about McCarthy being sacked, as they probably felt they deserved more than the 15th-17th place finishes he was delivering, and look what that's brought them. Worth mentioning that it would be a little unlucky to go down with 51 points, but overall in the likely event that they are relegated next week it would be well deserved.

SP

I expect all police leave in Brighton & Hove next weekend has been cancelled

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 27, 2013, 11:14:53 PM
Wolverhampton Wanderers.

QPR this time next season, (except for the great stadium part - couldn't get much worse than their dump). And they certainly will have administration to follow - 18 months max

£89m in debt, and counting. Another fine mess from Twitchy  :yay:

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on April 28, 2013, 06:09:44 PM
Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Pretty difficult to generate that level of debt in just a few years. Some sweet work by that idiot Fernandez...!

Fulham76

Wolverhampton Wanderers.

£89m in debt, and counting. Another fine mess from Twitchy  :yay:

And that won't include some of the top business they've done this season with the likes of Remy & Samba & the £15m recent loan. No doubt Redknapp will have twitched his way to a massive contract as well. A top board they have down there.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 28, 2013, 06:37:36 PM
Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Pretty difficult to generate that level of debt in just a few years. Some sweet work by that idiot Fernandez...!

That guy couldn't run a bath  :005:

simplyfulham

Couldn't happen to a nicer club!  :dft011:

Fulham76

[/quote]

In to the ground he could...  090.gif

cebu

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 28, 2013, 06:41:57 PM

[/quote]

Aren't we all relieved to know that we have MAF/Mac holding the purse strings ... rather tightly!

Fulham76

[/quote]

Aren't we all relieved to know that we have MAF/Mac holding the purse strings ... rather tightly!
[/quote]

I sure am. Al Fayed knows what he's doing. You don't become a billionaire by mistake!