24 (20.7%)
18 (15.5%)
7 (6%)
2 (1.7%)
1 (0.9%)
1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Bassey the warrior

His greatest success is to improve the stature of the club, some of the players he's brought in would never have played for Hughes or Roy. Also got us playing some great football at times and made some nifty free and loan signings. He was given a raw deal this year.
Of course some of the performances have been truly dire as well and his substitutions are often very poor.
With the right investment I think he'll do a good job.

Fulham76

A 7 from me. Think he dealt with the loss of Dempsey & Dembele well & has the contacts to bring in decent loan signings. I just wish he was a bit more adventurous in away games. Rather than simply trying not to get beat, a more positive approach may get the extra points to push us in to the top 6-8.

JackyFulham90

I like Jol hope he is backed this summer

Matt Inglis

I gave him a 7. I can't give him any higher given how disappointing our home record has been this season.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MontenegroWhite

So many good things... S many bad ones... 5 for me. Average.

We should have done better in Cups (EL, FA, COC) but we never feared for relegation. Some ups and downs and all in all it is average.

1st season with Jol was much much better thank this one. We lost too many points at home, Wigan, Soton, Swansea. Sunderland and some more. We won only 3 away games so it is not so good.

Rambler

I gave him a 5.. I really wanted to be positive for my first post and I look to the good wins against Tottenham away and the great start to the season but for the most part this season has been forgettable.
There have been too many dull, and passionless performances and he's never going to get the players really fired up if we're not playing well. There doesn't seem to be a plan b when things aren't going well..just chuck on a striker and hope for the best.

However when we do play well some of the football has been great and really easy on the eye, all credit to jol, but there just hasn't been enough matches where this has happened.
Anyways big performance needed this weekend to lift the spirits and put the relegation fears to bed..
COYW!!!

YankeeJim

I gave him a 6. His tactics were odd at times and he doesn't seem to be much of a motivator. That being said, I have to give the front office a 2 since they provided almost no support. Berbatov has been a delight (most of the time) but his presence limits the tactics and his attitude was terrible at times.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ScalleysDad

Welcome aboard Rambler. Fair comments well made. Now get a second post going and lose the Jacko tag.

HatterDon

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 28, 2013, 10:30:00 AM
This includes players in and out, tactics, team spirit etc

Players in and out 6

team spirit -- 3

tactics -- WHAT BLOODY TACTICS?

etc. --- 3

Overall -- 4
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BillNRoc

I hate it when I end up posting after HD because I agree with him about so much. However, I think the 6 for players in and out is too high. Exhibit A is, of course, the Costa Rican dandy, Mr. Giveaway, who must long for his days in the Dutch league when he had all the time he needed on the ball. Other than Riether, this year's lot haven't amounted to much: Roda, Richardson, Petric, blah players who've taken up space without quality output. Even the Greek, energetic as he is, has been more flash than bang, and he's running out of steam by the 65th minute whenever he starts. Watching Emanuelson at fullback reveals why he was available for loan, but Jol's already said he's not for keeping anyway. Berba? Great player, but not at Fulham; spends way too much time gesturing about others' shortcomings.

So if you lower that grade and blend it with 3 for team spirit, 0 for tactics, 3 for etc., you end up with 3, somewhat heavily weighted by recent performances that make a mockery of "the beautiful game." What month was it when a Fulham player last scored a goal? When was the last time we put together a combination of movement and passing like that which led to Pienaar's goal yesterday? Anybody got it on a highlights reel?

More of the same next year will likely put FFC on QPR's path downward; sometimes it seems that the board have greater ambition for the stadium than for the team.

Azeedo

I gave him an 7, He got us over the bump....Think about this, we hardly have 2, 3 well known players and two of them almost play the same role, we were plague by transfers and injuries. during the winter we pick up nothing but rejects from the dutch and italian leagues.  I have never liked Martin Jol after two years he has not figure out what to do with Ruiz, also if you bring Berva to a team feed by having a fast and accurate wings, Players like The Iranian with pace and projection.

psand22

I gave him a 7.  I think he's done pretty well with the cards he was dealt.  He working with a smaller budget and he's made due, with free transfers and loans to try and offset losing two of our top players and other squad players.  I don't think he has the final say in these money matters.  I think some of the blame goes on the board.
  As for the team, I think we've been punching well above our head and as fans we always expect more.  I think we could all see a poor season on the horizon, if we're  honest.  We've got an aging team that needs some changes.  Let's hope the transfer budget is raised over the break and we take another step forward.   
  The away form has always been horrible, since we've come back up.  That's not just a Jol problem, but a Fulham problem.  The home form has suffered this year, and there are several reasons for that as well: injuries, red cards, transfers, poor individual/team play.  But let's look at the big picture...It's been a poor season for little ole Fulham and we're flirting with the top ten again.

fulhamben

8. record points last season and comfortable this season even though the board sold our assests again. plus when we have a first 11 we play some decent stuff
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LRCN

7. he's not done spectacularly but a top ten finish in his first season and a finish in the top 12 or 13 (which looks likely) in his second despite having the heart ripped out of his team with no time to compensate for it is fairly good, but we are not overachieving by any means. i like how he's introducing more youngsters now though. hopefully kaca will go on to be a key first team player next season. either way i dont see enough that if he leaves another (realistic) manager will elevate us much higher.

F(f)CUK

The way that the team is playing at this moment in time is really poor. We are too negative and as a result we rarely trouble the opposing keeper.

Despite this the only real bitch I have about Jol was the dreadful planning last summer. To go into the new season with no midfield was a disgrace.

Make all the excuses you like but I was prepared for Dembele, Dempsey, Murphy and Etuhu leaving and do not understand why Jol/Fulham were not.

In the end we seem to have scraped through this season, but it will be soon forgotten in terms of great memories.

Overall score for Jol a 5-6. I want him to build the team now for the next few seasons and up my perceived score significantly.

nose

Giving a score for something like this is too simplistic for me, especially coming off the back of 5 games one point and one goal and that was an OG I am incl;ined to a very low score and that would be a bit unfair, words are better.
I agree with the term 'underwhelming '
The principle job of the manager is to get the best from the players he has, to forge a team and team spirit, to select tactics that suit the squad. He has pretty much failed on all of that. Not a zero but certainly we have underachieved, in all departments and making two players untouchable is the biggest crime of all. He iod say the average age would reduce but it hasn't. Personally I see no sign of progress rather the opposite.
If it were me in charge i would make a change in leadership, it isn't absolutely urgent yet but if Jol stays, and i feel sure he will, com this time next year I think there will be lots of people thinking we can do rather better.

epsomraver

gave him one, the man is clueless. Any one can manage with unlimited funds but it takes a decent manager to achieve a lot with less and he is not a good manager in any shape or form.

Admin

Quote from: epsomraver on April 29, 2013, 09:32:54 AM
gave him one, the man is clueless. Any one can manage with unlimited funds but it takes a decent manager to achieve a lot with less and he is not a good manager in any shape or form.

I've always said that Martin Jol will do well with Tottenham type clubs, but will struggle with smaller clubs because he doesn't know how to think outside the box, or motivate average players.

Martin Jol relies on 'pace' to set up his teams, scoring more goals than he concedes but to be honest, this is an epic fail at Fulham and we all know it. Still, he tries it but again we all know the squad isn't good enough.

Now before I knock Jol even further, he can turn out to be a good coach for Fulham but he'll need investment which by the looks of it isn't going to happen. All the time Macintosh is earning brownie points with Fayed by saving cash, he's also starving this club of success.

I just hope he see's sense by the summer.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Admin on April 29, 2013, 09:49:27 AM

I've always said that Martin Jol will do well with Tottenham type clubs, but will struggle with smaller clubs because he doesn't know how to think outside the box, or motivate average players.

Martin Jol relies on 'pace' to set up his teams, scoring more goals than he concedes but to be honest, this is an epic fail at Fulham and we all know it. Still, he tries it but again we all know the squad isn't good enough.

Now before I knock Jol even further, he can turn out to be a good coach for Fulham but he'll need investment which by the looks of it isn't going to happen. All the time Macintosh is earning brownie points with Fayed by saving cash, he's also starving this club of success.

If you bring in a manager with a particular style of football and your current team doesn't suit that style, then you have to back them enough to bring the right type of players in. Else what's the point in bringing him in?

Admin

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 29, 2013, 09:56:41 AM
Quote from: Admin on April 29, 2013, 09:49:27 AM

If you bring in a manager with a particular style of football and your current team doesn't suit that style, then you have to back them enough to bring the right type of players in. Else what's the point in bringing him in?

I agree, that's why I've said these early rumors about Jol having to scour the bargain basement again doesn't sound good. If we don't invest this summer which pretty clear to all of us apart from Alister Macintosh, then it will end in one of two ways. Jol will walk in the summer or, we'll end up in a relegation scrap next season based on the current squad.