watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We Need A Major Change

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, April 28, 2013, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

If we don't move on a large number of players, and bring in replacements, we will, in my opinion, potentially go down next year. If we aren't going to spend big, why don't we do what Villa did, and use the youth for a season. No to the extent of every player, but 5 or 6 in the first team. We haven't scored, and lost all creativity since Dejagah got injured. I don't know why we signed Duff up for next year, he has been completely ineffective in 2013, and Petric is utter useless and must be moved on. Other players include Somogyi, Stockdale, Hughes, Riise, Baird, Diarra and Davies. I would also say either Ruiz or Berbatov. You need some pace upfront, and I would rather see Berbatov move on, as Ruiz still has a future, Berba is playing out his years.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on April 28, 2013, 11:05:12 AM
Please stop.

Why, it needs to be said. What is good atm with Fulham. The football is shocking.

Forever Fulham

This is offensive on several levels.  Diarra is an excellent player who is just injured.  You don't dump quality players when they get injured, because 1. They normally heal and resume their high level of performance; and 2. If you dump them when they get injured, it sends a message to all players considering playing for FFM not to accept an offer, because the cold hearted stupid bastards that run FFC will dump them if and when they ever get hurt.  That's bad business policy and unthinkably cruel. 

Don't you recall how well Hughes played for Fulham?  He is more than a serviceable backup.  Why get rid of Stockdale at this moment?  If he isn't the equal of Mark, he is close and improving.  He distributes better than Mark does.  And who takes his place if Mark is hurt tomorrow?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 28, 2013, 10:58:25 AM
If we don't move on a large number of players, and bring in replacements, we will, in my opinion, potentially go down next year. If we aren't going to spend big, why don't we do what Villa did, and use the youth for a season. No to the extent of every player, but 5 or 6 in the first team. We haven't scored, and lost all creativity since Dejagah got injured. I don't know why we signed Duff up for next year, he has been completely ineffective in 2013, and Petric is utter useless and must be moved on. Other players include Somogyi, Stockdale, Hughes, Riise, Baird, Diarra and Davies. I would also say either Ruiz or Berbatov. You need some pace upfront, and I would rather see Berbatov move on, as Ruiz still has a future, Berba is playing out his years.

We haven't lost creativity, Berba and Ruiz are playing good passes. What we've lost are willing runners. Kaca on the odd ocassion will make a run in behind the defence and so will Emanuelson and Berba but he lacks the pace to get away from defenders hence he keeps getting caught offside. Manolev, Frei, Rodallega, Duff barely ever make forward runs, neither does Ruiz, and whoever plays centre midfield.
We need an outlet so Berba and Ruiz can work their magic. Selling Ruiz would be a real mistake.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 28, 2013, 10:58:25 AM

We signed Duff because it was cheaper than signing another squad player, we will probably sign Petric for the same reason and Schwarzer if he's willing and the same goes for Karagounis. Senderos may well be a squad player too. It's cheaper to give them reduced wages (though Senderos may have got improved wages) than buy someone else.

We need to spend some serious money improving the starting 11.

MJG

Schwarzer...talk of an extension
Riether...talk of a contract
Hughes..extension
Senderos...extension
Hangeland..extension
Karagounis..talk of an extension
Duff..extension
Petric..talk of an extension
Enoh..maybe a signing
Diarra..may get an extension
Manolev..maybe a signing

This all looks like more of the same next season.

RaySmith

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 28, 2013, 11:23:54 AM
Please stop.

Why, it needs to be said. What is good atm with Fulham. The football is shocking.

We played some good football at Everton in the second half, and did create some good chances -without our leading striker, and with a makeshift midfield of loanees, due to injury and suspension.

Fulhan have played some very good football under Jol this season, but  have often lacked a cutting edge, which has  led to poor results in games we should have got something from - quite  a few , home and away.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on April 28, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
Schwarzer...talk of an extension
Riether...talk of a contract
Hughes..extension
Senderos...extension
Hangeland..extension
Karagounis..talk of an extension
Duff..extension
Petric..talk of an extension
Enoh..maybe a signing
Diarra..may get an extension
Manolev..maybe a signing

This all looks like more of the same next season.

I can see Rodallega going, also Schwarzer, also Petric, also Riise, also Sidwell, Davies too, can see Frei going out on loan, Stockdale going. Think we'll add at least four players. Sign three or four to come straight into the first 11: a keeper, a centre back and a centre midfielder and depending on whether Emanuelson stays a left sided midfielder.

simplyfulham

It's not all doom an gloom.

In the past 5 years, we have done very well (by and large) at picking up a host of good players for little or no money.

Dembele - £5m
Berbatov - £5m
Duff - £4m
Dejagah - £2m
Murph - £500k
Etuhu - £1.5m
Sidwell - free
Schwarz - free
Diarra - free
Petric - free
Rodellaga - free
Riether - loan

My point being.. We have found really good value in the transfer market in the past, and I'm confident we will find it again to help repair the club after loosing some of our best players last year. And it often comes where you least expect it.

So this season has been decidedly average, but that is no forecast for our next season or the season after. Have some perspective and faith.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: simplyfulham on April 28, 2013, 05:06:06 PM

In the past 5 years, we have done very well (by and large) at picking up a host of good players for little or no money.

Dembele - £5m
Berbatov - £5m
Duff - £4m
Dejagah - £2m
Murph - £500k
Etuhu - £1.5m
Sidwell - free
Schwarz - free
Diarra - free
Petric - free
Rodellaga - free
Riether - loan

My point being.. We have found really good value in the transfer market in the past, and I'm confident we will find it again to help repair the club after loosing some of our best players last year. And it often comes where you least expect it.

So this season has been decidedly average, but that is no forecast for our next season or the season after. Have some perspective and faith.

Not to be too pedantic but Sidwell wasn't free. Cost about £2 million I believe. Still decent value though.

simplyfulham

Quote from: The Moose on April 28, 2013, 05:53:42 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on April 28, 2013, 05:06:06 PM

Dembele - £5m
Berbatov - £5m
Duff - £4m
Dejagah - £2m
Murph - £500k
Etuhu - £1.5m
Sidwell - free
Schwarz - free
Diarra - free
Petric - free
Rodellaga - free
Riether - loan

Not to be too pedantic but Sidwell wasn't free. Cost about £2 million I believe. Still decent value though.

Typical pedantic Fulham fan!

In true pedantic fashion.. I thought it was a bit of a weird deal where we bought out the last 6 months of his contract or something bizzare like that?

But yeah your right. He did cost some cash. Albeit a cut-down fee because O'Neil didn't want him anymore

filham

We are all aware of the weaknesses in the team this season. Dembele, Dempsey and Murphy were never replaced and we have struggled all season with different players in the wide left and center mid positions without success. This problem needs to be addressed in the closed season . The permanent signing of Enoh and Emanuelson would perhaps solvethe problem.

Also it has to be recognised that the talent loaded partnership of Ruiz/Berbatov has not functioned as well as expected and the big question is will Jol change or try to develope this strike force.

To replace Berbatove and Ruiz would cost at least £20m in transfer fees, I suspect they will both be with us again next season.

M i c K Y x FFC

We lack creativity. There is no flare without Riether and Dejagah. We do miss Murphys creativity, that killer pass is not there. I would love to keep Enoh next year, but we need a creative player next to him. I would like to see this next year:

Schwarzer/New GK
Riether
New CB
Hangeland
Richardson
Enoh
New CM
Dejagah
Ruiz
Hopefully Emanuelson/New WG
Berbatov/New ST

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Rupert on April 28, 2013, 05:49:10 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 28, 2013, 05:33:54 PM
:protest card:
Please stop.

:plus one:

No, let him carry on, it is quite entertaining.

Unlike the football we are playing. You cannot be happy of how dull the football is at the moment, and the age of our squad is a major concern.

YankeeJim

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 28, 2013, 11:12:20 PM
Please stop.

Unlike the football we are playing. You cannot be happy of how dull the football is at the moment, and the age of our squad is a major concern.

Well lets see, we could play like Stoke, we got the last year out of Danny's legs (he would not have contributed much this season) and the squad has always been old. So thank God we don't play like Stoke, that we have good memories of Danny and that there are a dozen or so available old farts out there who will take us to 12th NEXT season and the season after that. Worry when the Chairman grows tired of FFC, because we'll never do any better than mid table with the financial arrangements that exists in the Premiership. Manure and what ever bored billionaire that buys a team will be on top.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Rupert

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 28, 2013, 11:12:20 PM
Please stop.

The football we are playing is light years ahead of the sort of football we used to play. I come from that breed of Fulham fan who are still a little dazzled to be playing in the top flight, and will probably never think of us as in any way a permanent fixture in the Premiership, even if we are still here in twenty years time. This has its advantages. I don't go into every season thinking we are going to be challenging for a top six spot, as many on here apparently did, so I do not get too disappointed by the inevitable mid season slump, nor will you see me on TV, as the camera sweeps across the crowd, weeping when we finally do go down.

Tigana's football was brilliant in Division 1, exposed in the Premiership, though it was exciting (often at both ends of the pitch), Cookie's brand worked for a couple of seasons, was exciting, then almost got us relegated, the less said about Sanchez the better, Roy was...not exactly exciting, but the journey certainly was, Sparky Marky had his moments, but was too big for us, fortunately, and now we have Jol. Not brilliant, but good in patches, at least to my eye, especially on the rare occasion when he has had his best team available and they have all performed.
As for the age of the squad, yes, it is a concern, but if we had a couple of excellent younger players dictating midfield, I daresay the likes of Tottenham might be tempted to take them off our hands with an offer we, and they, could not refuse.

Oh wait, that is what happened, isn't it?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.