watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR; Down with a wimper and a giggle

Started by NorfolkJim, April 29, 2013, 12:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

Was quite shocked to see how untroubled QPRs staff and players were as they bowed out of the division in such a pathetic way. They were smiling and laughing as they came off the pitch - disgusting even for QPR

FFC1987

Quote from: NorfolkJim on April 29, 2013, 12:04:22 PM
Was quite shocked to see how untroubled QPRs staff and players were as they bowed out of the division in such a pathetic way. They were smiling and laughing as they came off the pitch - disgusting even for QPR

I must admit I wasn't. We have called them mercenaries all season and that was confirmed. They don't even try to hide it. Apart from Arry who seems to be diverting all attention and blame away from himself.

Fulham76

Very few footballers really care about their team or fans these days. As long as they're picking up their huge salaries, they'll be happy.

MJG

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 29, 2013, 01:32:51 PM

Very few footballers really care about their team or fans these days. As long as they're picking up their huge salaries, they'll be happy.
Players, Managers, Boards and even grounds come and go.
Its the fans that are the one constant at a club.

Buffalo76

Quote from: MJG on April 29, 2013, 02:11:14 PM

Wish
Quote from: MJG on April 29, 2013, 02:11:14 PM

Wish qpha ha ha ha would just go

jmh

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 29, 2013, 12:07:37 PM

I must admit I wasn't. We have called them mercenaries all season and that was confirmed. They don't even try to hide it. Apart from Arry who seems to be diverting all attention and blame away from himself.
Not surprising, Harry is a master at deflecting blame. 

LBNo11

...a sad reflection of the modern game. With rare exceptions footballers don't support the club they play for, and so it is a job.

However, in the past the players were more in touch with the fans and so understood and showed more empathy towards the fan's sadness and pain.

If I was a Reading fan, or even of the other team, apart from being distraught, I would be very angry at the sans faire riens attitude of the millionaire employees of their respective clubs. Re redkrapp, I expect nothing less from him so there is no surprise as he left the pitch laughing in the direction of the bank...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

I still remember Stan Brown being led off the pitch in tears, absolutely distraught, when we were relegated in 1968.

Holders

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 29, 2013, 07:32:01 PM

I still remember Stan Brown being led off the pitch in tears, absolutely distraught, when we were relegated in 1968.

I still remember Moore and Mullery laughing and joking with the West Ham players after the final whistle at the '75 cup final. Where I was standing it didn't seem so funny.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ron

From the BBC website  ; 

"Fernandes also revealed that letting midfielder Joey Barton join French club Marseille on a season-long loan was one of the club's major mistakes.

"We missed Joey," he said. "We needed a workhorse midfielder and we tried to get Scott Parker.

"We missed a real leader. We tried to get Michael Dawson.

"This has been a tragic season in many ways. It is a Shakespearean play in the making."

From a Fulham perspective "As You Like It" perhaps?

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

FFCByTheRiver

Fernandes is definitely a mad King Lear.