Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jambo on April 30, 2013, 12:35:58 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 30, 2013, 12:21:43 AM
Quote from: Jambo on April 30, 2013, 12:05:56 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 29, 2013, 11:49:04 PM
Quote from: Jambo on April 29, 2013, 10:16:43 PM
Quote from: Peabody on April 29, 2013, 10:13:00 PM
What is the point of all this negativity? It's not as if we have any influence over who runs the club, or who manages it or indeed which players play for us.

In fact there are two opposites on here and neither is going to change the others point of view.

Correct.  Quite often though the negativity outweighs the positive, I'm not to sure what people expected from the last 3 games, especially with having 40 points and all.

Quite right so I suggest we close down FOF and all the other MBs. What is the point of making any comment other than positive ones as we have no influence? Let's be happy with one shot per game.

There you go again getting all dramatic.  No one said not to post negativity but if it makes your reply work then read it how you like.  Negative posts are the norm on here but from my point of view (and I'm not trying to speak for Peabody) the reaction and some posts on here over the last few days have all been a little OTT (just my opinion of course!). Sack Jol, Is his time up, Sell Berba/Ruiz/Petric (insert name here), we are going down next year, etc, etc.  All valid points in there I'm sure but I think some on here need to take a few deep breathes and calm down a little, that's all.  Now, if you please..... moan away!!

Sorry I didn't notice Peabody was part the post and I apologise to him. As for the rest of the reply. Could it be anymore condescending? Still swooning at being all dramatic.

Without wanting to bring Peabody into this but why apologise to Peabody when it was his original point you disagreed with?

Anyhow, I wasn't being condescending, if people want to post negative stuff then so be it I'm certainly not asking for it to stop, which was my point.  My reply to the negativity was that it seems a little OTT.  I can't see what is condescending about that.

I apologised to Peabody because he has said he doesn't wish me to reply to his threads and he doesn't like my posts.  So as a rule I don't comment on his posts.

As for the rest of the reply. The positive posts are equally OTT but posts that hold strong views tend to be. If you really can't see how condescending your reply was then ok. I will flounce away in a huff being all dramatic. Again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

I thought we played quite well against Chelsea (until they scored), and we played Arsenal off the park. That wasn't too long ago, was it?

Put in a shocker against Reading then I'll take it all back!

King_Crud

I thought we played fantastically well against Arsenal

MJG

Thats how you play when your survival depends on it. Just look back at the great escape year for examples of that.
The trouble is we have reached 40 pts and fans & players seem to think that's it.
Well it almost is, but we have allowed teams like Newcastle who are getting beaten by almost everyone at the moment do us. Yes we beat Spurs, but whats the point if your going to balls up against clubs around you.
We have been sleepwalking through a lot of the last dozen games and its caught up with us.
We need a full on performance against Reading or who knows whats going to happen. In the end we are relying on other clubs to fail and that's always a bad way to be.

alfie

The trouble is i thought we were boring under Hodgson, did not like his defensive minded attitude at all, but it did get us to a euro final.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Burt on April 30, 2013, 09:03:24 AM
Quote from: Harold Shand on April 30, 2013, 08:46:41 AM
As regards to Hatter don - He's obviously a clown, you can't win an argument with drunk men or idiots.

He's best ignored.

Lets ditch the personal comments please.

Everyone is entitled to their views, disagreeing is fine, but calling people clowns, drunks and idiots is not the way to go on here.

Cheers

Burt

:plus one:

That kind of response is what drove the Offal to it's demise. None of it on here please. Also, although I would not always agree with his views, I find HatterDon an incisive and interesting read. So there.

HatterDon

As regards to Hatter don - He's obviously a clown, you can't win an argument with drunk men or idiots.

He's best ignored.

Everyone is entitled to their views, disagreeing is fine, but calling people clowns, drunks and idiots is not the way to go on here.

Cheers

Burt

Unless, of course, you're willing to foot the bill for my greasepaint, my gin supply, and my membership in the Tea Party, in which case, go ahead on!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Vinnieffc

Quote from: HatterDon on April 30, 2013, 04:26:21 PM

He's best ignored.

Cheers

Burt

Unless, of course, you're willing to foot the bill for my greasepaint, my gin supply, and my membership in the Tea Party, in which case, go ahead on!

Not too sure about greasepaint and tea parties, but a large Bombay Sapphire and Tonic in the back garden sounds like just the thing.  Chin Chin (a note confirming that Yes I do have at least two of them).  :008:

HatterDon

Quote from: Vinnieffc on April 30, 2013, 04:32:44 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 30, 2013, 04:26:21 PM

He's best ignored.

Cheers

Burt

Not too sure about greasepaint and tea parties, but a large Bombay Sapphire and Tonic in the back garden sounds like just the thing.  Chin Chin (a note confirming that Yes I do have at least two of them).  :008:

I'll be right over.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

M i c K Y x FFC

We need to stop looking in the past. We have gone down since hodgson, and I know we used to be a no club, in the low leagues, but we are now a fully established premier league team, and we need to look ahead rather than behind. I hope al fayed gives Jol some funding, because Jol himself we be an influence on transfers, any Dutch, Dutch League and bundesliga players would like to play for Jol.

shnlwswlkr

Thing is, Villa were fighting for survival in that game...
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr